• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

A third war? With Libya?

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
I just heard that the US, Britian, and France are engaging in strikes against the Libyan military.

Is this going to end up like Iraqistan?

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Whut?

EDIT- Upon further inspection, this is a purported attempt by the US, Britain, France, and Arab "friends" to implement a No-Fly zone over Libya and the launching of Tomahawk missiles was designed to "erode their ability to resist the implementation of a No-Fly zone as sanctioned by the UN". Me, I see a big bullshit attempt to assassinate Quadaffi again. The man fucking wins harder than Charlie Sheen.

Last edited:

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
So far it's France, UK and Italy. And it's only air support.

No one knows how much US support will be.

And be honest, there is a situation that has to be stabilised there. Civilians are dying.
(and oil, yadda yadda, that's obvious)

Xegras

Peerat
No we are not going to war with Libya.

The last thing I remember is they were trying to get the U.N. to declare a no fly-zone over Libya. Looking at the latest stuff its Britain and France who want to lead in a no fly-zone over Libya while the U.S. is using limited military resources to help.

Alot of this is actually back by other countries in the middle east.

Last edited:

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
Even if we're limiting it to airstrikes and missiles, we have military actions there, Iraq, Afghanastan, and some military support in Japan. Our military sure is getting stretched thin.

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
I just heard that the US, Britian, and France are engaging in strikes against the Libyan military.

Is this going to end up like Iraqistan?

No, they are enforcing a "no fly zone" above Libya. I have not heard that we are waging war on them, just stopping Gaddafi from murdering more of his people.

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
Enforcing the no-fly zone BY engaging in strikes against Libyan assets including their military, airstrips, and so forth.

Xegras

Peerat
Enforcing the no-fly zone BY engaging in strikes against Libyan assets including their military, airstrips, and so forth.

So what?

You want America to push everybody out of the way and tell Europe and the League of Arab states what to do?

Tomias_Redford

Knight Of Time
Honestly, I just think we should nuke the fuck out of the entire middle east, and let God deal with them ¬.¬

I'm sick, and tired of the whole non-stop "we haven't found any WMD's, but look there's a rock that looks suspicious, ANOTHER 3 YEARS OF COMBAT PLZ" attitude of the various militaries (or more appropriatly the governments controlling them). The reason we all went in in the first place was a valid one, thier sending terrorists to us, so we'll fight back. However now, from my perspective, it's the Oil that's keeping us all there.

It's this reason alone that I've stopped giving a shit about the middle east conflict, unless there is like a startling new development, then I check it out for a few hours and I'm like "same shit, different country".

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
What's happened is that the Libyan population have grown to rebel against Colonel Gadaffi [the leader] of Libya. The Libyan military is, naturally, attempting to quell the rebellion. Their military is highly equipped and began using bombers to obliterate rebellion strongholds aswell as attacking civilians to lower morale - in reponse, the UN has sanctioned a 'no-fly zone' over Libya which means that our militaries are now allowed to shoot down any aircraft, except journalistic and medical, flying in that zone.

Essentially it's an indirect support of the rebellion. It isn't a declaration of war.

mystery_penguin

Redline Movie Fanatic
Honestly, I just think we should nuke the fuck out of the entire middle east, and let God deal with them ¬.¬

I'm sick, and tired of the whole non-stop "we haven't found any WMD's, but look there's a rock that looks suspicious, ANOTHER 3 YEARS OF COMBAT PLZ" attitude of the various militaries (or more appropriatly the governments controlling them). The reason we all went in in the first place was a valid one, thier sending terrorists to us, so we'll fight back. However now, from my perspective, it's the Oil that's keeping us all there.

It's this reason alone that I've stopped giving a shit about the middle east conflict, unless there is like a startling new development, then I check it out for a few hours and I'm like "same shit, different country".

Nuke the shit out of this?
http://www.hess.bz/images/IRAQ/Kurdistan Mountains 2.jpg
http://images.travelpod.com/users/rebecca.mcneal/ukraine.1272276688.barzan-countryside.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/...indys%20Jordan%20Vacation%202008/DSCF0945.jpg

I don't think so.
I wish this forum had a dumb rating.

Azure

An open question, and maybe a bit OT, but in what way are these rebels any better than Qadaffi? And who the fuck are we(and the U.N LOL) to judge at all? Just shots in the dark...

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
An open question, and maybe a bit OT, but in what way are these rebels any better than Qadaffi? And who the fuck are we(and the U.N LOL) to judge at all? Just shots in the dark...

It's not about who's better or worse; it's that the Libyan military has bombed civilians and noncombatants, so the UN is obliged to take action.

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
What's happened is that the Libyan population have grown to rebel against Colonel Gadaffi [the leader] of Libya. The Libyan military is, naturally, attempting to quell the rebellion. Their military is highly equipped and began using bombers to obliterate rebellion strongholds aswell as attacking civilians to lower morale - in reponse, the UN has sanctioned a 'no-fly zone' over Libya which means that our militaries are now allowed to shoot down any aircraft, except journalistic and medical, flying in that zone.

Essentially it's an indirect support of the rebellion. It isn't a declaration of war.

Yes it is an indirect support of the rebellion, but in my opinion Colonel Dickhead has gone to far by declaring war on his people. The Egyptian authorities didn't go to such drastic measures, so I don't see why Gaddafi should. I am in support of the no fly zone.

Azure

It's not about who's better or worse; it's that the Libyan military has bombed civilians and noncombatants, so the UN is obliged to take action.
Who's to say that the rebels haven't? Who's really controlling what, and who is watching who? Honestly, it's none of our fucking business. Hell, we probably created this in some perverse, back door deal 20 years ago. Let the man finish his shit, it's not for anybody else but the Libyan people to decide who they stand with. And now, were bombing Libyan people and buildings. I'm having a hard time finding any good reason for us to join this conflict that doesn't make us guilty of the same shit Qadaffi and the Rebels are guilty of.

Delta

Fun times in FAFylon
Who's to say that the rebels haven't? Who's really controlling what, and who is watching who? Honestly, it's none of our fucking business. Hell, we probably created this in some perverse, back door deal 20 years ago. Let the man finish his shit, it's not for anybody else but the Libyan people to decide who they stand with. And now, were bombing Libyan people and buildings. I'm having a hard time finding any good reason for us to join this conflict that doesn't make us guilty of the same shit Qadaffi and the Rebels are guilty of.

No no no,
We're shooting down the planes that are bombing shit. Essentially we're taking away the Libiyan Military's airpower by saying "If you fly anything over this country that isn't journalistic or medical, we're shooting it down."

Azure

No no no,
We're shooting down the planes that are bombing shit. Essentially we're taking away the Libiyan Military's airpower by saying "If you fly anything over this country that isn't journalistic or medical, we're shooting it down."
Ah, so Qadaffi can still strike out with artillery, missiles, sea power, man power, armoured power, and all else at his disposal. What the fuck are we accomplishing? Nothing. People will still die, Qadaffi will still quash his foes, and we will have embroiled ourselves in shit we don't intend to fucking finish, ONCE AGAIN.

Xegras

Peerat
Ah, so Qadaffi can still strike out with artillery, missiles, sea power, man power, armoured power, and all else at his disposal. What the fuck are we accomplishing? Nothing. People will still die, Qadaffi will still quash his foes, and we will have embroiled ourselves in shit we don't intend to fucking finish, ONCE AGAIN.

The biggest problems the rebels were having was the bombers and fighters he was using to fire on them and civilians. Most of the stuff you listed Gadaffi doesn't have or the rebels have themselves.