• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

A Traumatising Experience

I would hope Basil's barking would scare him off, but then again he'd probably step on Basil and smush him. After that I'd probably start throwing electronics at him and offering to help him carry things to his car so long as he doesn't rape or kill me.

**Sigh** I need a tazer.

small dogs can scare the crap out of burglars once they realize the dog puts up a pretty good and bloody fight.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
The man was an admitted crack addict, trying to get money out of me, for crack, and trying to use some very intimidating tactics to do so. And this was my last two nights in the city, waiting for a flight out of there, after about two months of being on the receiving end of bullshit from people like him, a few times of which I gave in.

He just happened to pick the wrong time to fuck with me. It truly is survival of the fittest in certain situations, and if you've never been there, you just can't relate.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
So some homeless guy was like "Spare some change?" and you were all like "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH!" and Hulk-smashed him so you could steal his hobo-cash.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
So some homeless guy was like "Spare some change?" and you were all like "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH!" and Hulk-smashed him so you could steal his hobo-cash.

No, more like he was completely unresponsive to my explanation that I couldn't spare some change to feed his addiction because, God forbid, I needed to protect my own ass and was a few bucks short of that. And as he continued to follow me with his jittery, sketchy self, I warned him that I had half a mind to take his since he was stupid enough to tell me straight up he had money, but was just a little short of being able to go to his dealer. And that's when he went from harassing and intimidating to aggressive. Again, wrong place, wrong person, and most of all, wrong time.

You have absolutely no idea what a human being can become when they're addicted to drugs or desperate for money. And you also have no idea what a person's capable of when their instincts go into self-preservation mode. Funny this should come up in a thread about a person whose "traumatic experience" is thinking he was being broken into. That's what this guy was basically trying to do to me, except without a house with a phone/weapon nearby to protect myself with.

Very sheltered lives most of you have lived and will probably continue to live, and no lie, I fucking resent you for it. Because I'd have much rather remained ignorant to the reality of human nature at its most basic.

Darkwing

Funny this should come up in a thread about a person whose "traumatic experience" is thinking he was being broken into.

Thinking your being broken into and actually being broken into make no difference, you are still scared shit.

I was almost literally shitting myself when I saw all of the stuff in my house on the porch, assuming it was ready to be loaded into the car. That was when I locked myself up in the bathroom, I simply wanted no part in it. If it was a real thief, I would gladly let him take anything he wants, as long as I am not involved in it.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Very sheltered lives most of you have lived and will probably continue to live, and no lie, I fucking resent you for it. Because I'd have much rather remained ignorant to the reality of human nature at its most basic.

You have no idea what kind of lives other people have led, and while I for the most part haven't had to experience the joys of beating up a crack-addicted vagrant and stealing his blow money for any reason, I do have a very good idea as to what human nature is like, and because of that, I operate in a very cautious fashion, particularly around people who for all intents and purposes are like that. Thankfully, for the most part, there aren't many homeless around here that I know of, and those that do ask for money will generally very politely back off if you decline. I guess that's the cultural difference between here and Toronto.

Then again, I've never liked big cities. I've been to Toronto before (for a vacation, if you can believe that), and quite honestly, the smell and air quality alone is enough to turn me off.

blackfuredfox

is a Gunnery Sergeant now.
I broke a homeless person's hand to steal his money once when I was a few bucks short of securing a safe place to stay in Toronto. I didn't actually know I could be that kind of person but, needless to say, that's what I'll do to protect myself when I don't have the law on my side.

No, more like he was completely unresponsive to my explanation that I couldn't spare some change to feed his addiction because, God forbid, I needed to protect my own ass and was a few bucks short of that. And as he continued to follow me with his jittery, sketchy self, I warned him that I had half a mind to take his since he was stupid enough to tell me straight up he had money, but was just a little short of being able to go to his dealer. And that's when he went from harassing and intimidating to aggressive. Again, wrong place, wrong person, and most of all, wrong time.

You have absolutely no idea what a human being can become when they're addicted to drugs or desperate for money. And you also have no idea what a person's capable of when their instincts go into self-preservation mode. Funny this should come up in a thread about a person whose "traumatic experience" is thinking he was being broken into. That's what this guy was basically trying to do to me, except without a house with a phone/weapon nearby to protect myself with.

well these to statements are quite different, first you steal his money for a selfish want and break his hand in the process, then it is that he was a crack addict trying to rob you so it was self defence, but you still took his money and some how its better you take it forcefully than let him keep it. you taking his money was no better than him trying to take yours.

Corto

You're fucking right. My life has been nothing but rainbows and sunshines, I can't wait for the day I hit a junkie so I can brag about it on a furry art forum. I wish I was like you, a lone wolf walking the dangerous streets at night, possibly looking for some clues about who killed your dame with some smooth jazz going in the background and Tarantino wetting his pants somewhere.

Now, everyone shut up about Wolf's adventure and get back in topic.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
well these to statements are quite different, first you steal his money for a selfish want and break his hand in the process, then it is that he was a crack addict trying to rob you so it was self defence, but you still took his money and some how its better you take it forcefully than let him keep it. you taking his money was no better than him trying to take yours.

No, I actually said in the first statement it was "to secure a safe place to stay in Toronto", which if you had any common sense would tell you enough. You'd sort've be able to connect the dots. Guy not from Toronto, in Toronto, in a bind, needs to find a place to crash for a few days to get out of this city, there's crackheads here, this is a recipe for disaster.

To the guy saying I'm bragging, get fucked. It should've been obvious enough that that wasn't what I was doing and it's your own stupidity/pathological need to just be right about something making you ignore the part where I said I'd just as soon have never had that experience and seen up close and personal what I and other people are capable of in certain situations.

But of course, no common sense.

Corto

Yeah, that's all nice and shit until you got to the point about how you hated our sheltered lives and how we'll never experience the "reality of human nature at it's most basic". That didn't make you sound like a "holier than thou" asshole at all.
I'm not saying that what you lived through was great or that you enjoyed it, but the way you posted about it (first making a vague comment about how you assaulted a hobo and then the bit about how you know the dark side of the human soul) really made you look like an attention grabbing douche. Also, I must have missed the bit of "common sense" that immediatly makes me sympathize with the guy that steals money.

Now let's get back on topic. If you wanna keep discussing this with me, I can receive private messages. Otherwise, let's forget this little incident.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
Wow, you aren't fucking around when you call yourself HarleyParanoia.

that's right, i'm not. i'm not shitting you, either. thieves are humans, and can be killed. monsters, on the other hand, are much more dangerous, as they are not regular humans. if you're thinking i'm kidding, you're not taking me seriously enough.

Darkwing

that's right, i'm not. i'm not shitting you, either. thieves are humans, and can be killed. monsters, on the other hand, are much more dangerous, as they are not regular humans. if you're thinking i'm kidding, you're not taking me seriously enough.

What do you mean specifically, by monsters?

I believe that there are monsters out there like the Loch Ness Monster, but I can't just imagine one barging into my house and mauling me to death.

Now thieves, those are people you should worry about, especially when your home all by yourself, one comes in, and if he finds you and is armed, holds you at gunpoint. It can be very scary. Even the one I experienced today was scary as hell, even though it turned out to be my sister, I mean, hearing all of the footsteps in your house, and the sound of people rummaging through your stuff as you are locked inside your bathroom, shaking to death in the bathtub, them knowing your not there, and, if they find you, you may get raped, killed, injured or worse.

Like I said before, next time I am home alone, I will be prepared this time.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
What do you mean specifically, by monsters?

I believe that there are monsters out there like the Loch Ness Monster, but I can't just imagine one barging into my house and mauling me to death.

like, monsters. the stuff that people say that makes other people call them crazy. beasts, creatures of the dark, etc, MONSTERS. don't you ever wonder...why every culture in the world has stories of monsters? ever wonder why children are afraid of monsters under their bed or in their closet? cause most of them were not taught about those things. they are just naturally afraid of them.

and, it's in human nature, programmed into us, to be afraid of things that pose a threat to us. we are automatically born to be afraid of certain things. fire, for example. you know it will hurt you. or, in your case specifically, thieves. you know to be afraid of them. you just know they are not good. that's how children are with monsters. they are not taught to be afraid of them, they just are. that fear can't just manifest out of nothing.

i believe the adults that believe in monsters, the ones that are called crazy, are just the ones who know they exist. common? no, not at all, but don't you ever wonder about cases of people who disappear without a trace, or who are killed with absolutely NO evidence?

that lingering feeling, the uneasy tension you feel sometimes at night when you feel like there's something else in the dark with you, that's not just you being silly. that's your body trying to remind you there are things to fear outside of what you've been taught to fear.

Darkwing

seriously?

I guess, I mean, I would be aware, but I really wouldn't necessarily believe in it.

I don't know, in some ways, I share some of your psychoticness, sometimes I can't sleep at night because of a fear of ghosts.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
I guess, I mean, I would be aware, but I really wouldn't necessarily believe in it.

I don't know, in some ways, I share some of your psychoticness, sometimes I can't sleep at night because of a fear of ghosts.

thanks, man. it's cool to hear someone actually take me seriously. it sucks that everyone brushes off that stuff cause they think i'm psychotic, but it's cool you believe me. as you can tell, it's keeping me up :U it's 3:20 in the morning.