• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

A Troublesome Trend

SoL-JoS

Fasto catto and LPW's #1 ~C U S S~ expert
Good evening, fellow FA members.

I may be quite new here on FA, but I've noticed a lot of depressing posts and even ads about antidepressants and suicidal thoughts on this website. I've also gone through some heavy times and made it through stronger than before with each trial I've faced. Hell, I'm still going through manic depressive episodes, but I'm hanging on as much as I can.

I just want you to know that each and every Soul on this crazy forum is beautiful and valuable. If you ever feel depressed or close to the brink, just remember that you DO have loved ones in this haven and you are worthy of the blessings that life bestows upon you.

I know that I haven't been around long on FA and have only lurked for about a month, but I am happy to have joined such an intriguingly diverse community full of wondrous creativity and supportive members. Thank you so much for being you.

With much love and care in my Soul,
~SoL~

Last edited:
O

Okami_No_Heishi

Good evening, fellow FA members.

I may be quite new here on FA, but I've noticed a lot of depressing posts and even ads about antidepressants and suicidal thoughts on this website. I've also gone through some heavy times and made it through stronger than before with each trial I've faced.

I just want you to know that each and every Soul on this crazy forum is beautiful and valuable. If you ever feel depressed or close to the brink, just remember that you DO have loved ones in this haven and you are worthy of the blessings that life bestows upon you.

I know that I haven't been around long on FA and have only lurked for about a month, but I am happy to have joined such an intriguingly diverse community full of wondrous creativity and supportive members. Thank you so much for being you.

With much love and care in my Soul,
~SoL~
Hello Sol! I am Okami!! I dont think we have met yet! But what you said is so very true to me! Thank you for saying what I feel on here every day! Hope to see you around! Awooo!

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I tried killing myself as a teenager, but I didn't have the balls to go through with it.

SoL-JoS

We need more saints like you.

It's not about me, my friend. I care about people who have the courage to face bad experiences and come out stronger like I have. Just remember that if you're hurting, you have friends to help you back up from the abyss.

As someone who has a rough job where my life is potentially on the line each time I go to work, I appreciate my friends and loved ones as much as I can.

Be good to others; You never know when they will need you or vice versa.

SoL-JoS

I tried killing myself as a teenager, but I didn't have the balls to go through with it.

Same here, bud. I wrote a suicide note and everything. That's one goal I'm glad I never accomplished.

Be strong.
~SoL~

Kit H. Ruppell

Same here, bud. I wrote a suicide note and everything. That's one goal I'm glad I never accomplished.

Be strong.
~SoL~
I sucked down a bottle of pills and almost exploded my heart.

AppleButt

Same.

I tried to shoot myself but it didn’t fire. I think the safety was on or I didn’t cock it all the way. I dunno, I was in a hurry as I was in a fight with my dad, and he was angrily beating on the door to get me to come out. I didn’t have the guts to go again.

I’m glad you didn’t go through with it, buddy.

WarriorWhispers

.Pedigree.
Great message SoL.
I was diagnosed with Clinical Depression at a young age(10), due to some...Not so great experiences. Later on diagnosed with Seasonal Depression(on top of Clinical..That's a FUN mix) and anxiety. I attempted to kill myself 4 times, obviously failed. This is what striked an interest for me to study psychology. To understand what is happening inside the mind, and be able to better help people.

My favorite message is from Ellen Degeneres "Things will get easier, people's minds will change, and you should be alive to see it."
Nowadays, there's even apps to obtain support. Don't give up, there is always someone to help, and you are not a burden.

Kit H. Ruppell

Good for you. I'm single at 30, haven't had a meaningful relationship since high school, and everyone I've found myself attracted to has either left the area or found an actual boyfriend.

SoL-JoS

Good for you. I'm single at 30, haven't had a meaningful relationship since high school, and everyone I've found myself attracted to has either left the area or found an actual boyfriend.
I somewhat understand, but my story is much different. I've been abused too much and finally realized with my last crushing breakup that I'm much too damaged to attempt another relationship, so instead I've buried myself in my work and my book. Sure, it's lonely, but there's a simple peace in being alone. Sometimes the best company we keep is ourselves.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Society often tells us we need romantic partners to feel complete and that there's something wrong with people who don't.

So maybe we'd benefit from asking ourselves whether it's actually something we really want, or if we just feel like we're expected to want it.