• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

ACCOUNT DELETION + DELETION REQUESTS

Zieli

Seriously, there should be a way to completely delete your FA account, to free up the names for use.
I myself accidentally made a new account with the wrong spelling, only to find out the spelling I wanted was already taken - by someone with like THREE favorites, and that's it.

I can't delete the account I made, and I can't get the spelling I wanted because it's obviously on an unused account!

There should be an account deletion option somewhere in account settings - to wipe your account off of FA completely!
There should ALSO be an 'account deletion request' form - to request an old unused account to be wiped off of FA so the name can then be available for use.

There is no reason to keep all of these dead accounts kicking around - it would free up a LOT of server space to get rid of them, despite how long it might take to remove them.
Allowing the option to have a system coded in to do the deletion of all information for you would be the best option.

Shukie

Hyperactive Bunnyfox
This would be fairly helpful aswell, given how often users switch accounts, leaving a few dead accounts lieing around. i've seen users change names/accounts a couple times a year, at that rate its easily pushing hundreds, if not thousands of unused accounts/names on FA, which could be deleted/cleared for the benefit of FA's servers/database, aswell as future potential users who may want those account names.

Zydala

Kisses for everyone!
if an account on FA had minimal usage and has not been active at all (no log ins, nothing) for at least a year you can file a trouble ticket under "Account Issue" if you're interested in that specific name. They'll check the activity and give you the OK to take it if it checks out okay.

The way the database infrastructure works, deleting accounts would mess up tons of stuff so this is a better "fix".

Hope that's useful :)

Zieli

if an account on FA had minimal usage and has not been active at all (no log ins, nothing) for at least a year you can file a trouble ticket under "Account Issue" if you're interested in that specific name. They'll check the activity and give you the OK to take it if it checks out okay.

The way the database infrastructure works, deleting accounts would mess up tons of stuff so this is a better "fix".

Hope that's useful :)

That's super useful for me right now! But being able to delete accounts would still be useful, for people who may want to switch accounts and delete the old one after a certain amount of time, or for users like me, who made an account under the wrong name and can't really do anything about it.

That and, again, clearing space on the servers from years-dead accounts.

Last edited: