• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Account Importing From Old FA [Updated]

theFinalFlight

New Member
I agree. If they got everything up and running again, old data included, that would be fantastic. However, I wouldn't throw a fit if I had to start from scratch again. I had a deceant amount of files, and some artists I watched, but if the site was up again I don't mind shuffling around again myself. I'm just really looking foreward to the community being back up.

I'm on DeviantArt, which is all well and good, but I'd like a furry art community that's down to Earth. I avoid most fur-only communities because I don't like the atmosphere in those that I've been on or visitd.

Best of luck!
 

TORA

Banned
Banned
theFinalFlight said:
I agree. If they got everything up and running again, old data included, that would be fantastic. However, I wouldn't throw a fit if I had to start from scratch again. I had a deceant amount of files, and some artists I watched, but if the site was up again I don't mind shuffling around again myself. I'm just really looking foreward to the community being back up.

I'm on DeviantArt, which is all well and good, but I'd like a furry art community that's down to Earth. I avoid most fur-only communities because I don't like the atmosphere in those that I've been on or visitd.

Best of luck!

Nice avatar, FinalFlight. ROWR.
 

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
theFinalFlight said:
I agree. If they got everything up and running again, old data included, that would be fantastic. However, I wouldn't throw a fit if I had to start from scratch again. I had a deceant amount of files, and some artists I watched, but if the site was up again I don't mind shuffling around again myself. I'm just really looking foreward to the community being back up.

I'm on DeviantArt, which is all well and good, but I'd like a furry art community that's down to Earth. I avoid most fur-only communities because I don't like the atmosphere in those that I've been on or visitd.

Best of luck!
Well, we're working on that right now while we wait for Gush it reconfigure the server. We'll post more when we've got an answer.
 

TORA

Banned
Banned
Nice new avatar, Preyfar... are you being prodded? :lol: Just kidding.

EDIT: (Removed rest of post.)
 

Tikara

The Local Purple Mew
Hmm.... FA is officially back up it seems... does this mean that the backup files have ported over, or is that still being worked on?
 

monsterbait

New Member
:D
Sweet FA is up!!
I think....
Did you guys get it back up or is it a test? Whatever it is, it looks fantastic! The new front page looks amazing, great fender picture as well, really whimsicle and fun!
Great job on all involved, fellas, in looks fantastic!
 

cpctail

Cream the Rabbit addict
ok I have a problem with the import. It say type in the name you used before and email. Everytime I do it, it says my name doesn't exist. Help!
 

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
cpctail said:
ok I have a problem with the import. It say type in the name you used before and email. Everytime I do it, it says my name doesn't exist. Help!
Are you typing it in correctly, using the correct e-mail address associated with your old account?
 

cpctail

Cream the Rabbit addict
Preyfar said:
cpctail said:
ok I have a problem with the import. It say type in the name you used before and email. Everytime I do it, it says my name doesn't exist. Help!
Are you typing it in correctly, using the correct e-mail address associated with your old account?

Yes and yes.
 

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Sisco said:
it's not working for me either can't click the link and when I put the address in myself it says you must be signed in to use this, but I was signed in until I put the address in
Hrmm. Which FA account were you signed into when you attempted to use the link?
 

biohazard

New Member
I re-registered, and followed the instructions to import my old info into my new account. Everything seemed to go smoothly, but when I returned to my account page nothing was there. No settings, no watchlist, no shouts, not even my avatar. The only thing that changed was the number of pageviews.
 

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
biohazard said:
I re-registered, and followed the instructions to import my old info into my new account. Everything seemed to go smoothly, but when I returned to my account page nothing was there. No watchlist, no shouts, not even my avatar.
It only imports submissions, view counts and comments. Not watchlists, shouts or avatars.
 

cpctail

Cream the Rabbit addict
Ok I've tried the only two possible names that I use. and I have the same email but it keeps telling me that niether name exist.
 

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
cpctail said:
Ok I've tried the only two possible names that I use. and I have the same email but it keeps telling me that niether name exist.
What were the two names?

We may not have a full import archive to work off, but I can take a look.
 

cpctail

Cream the Rabbit addict
the one that I was use the name was under is: cpctail

but it's possible I used this one instead: cpcat2002
 

Arakupa

New Member
I cant seem to get my account to activate as well. It tells me it connects to the back up server, but it says that the authentication has failed. I'm fairly sure that Im using the correct email address, since I only have 1 or 2, but I tried them both and neither work. Is there something Im missing?
 

wut

Member
Doesn't work.

backup server connected. Account info verified. No email recieved.

edit: You must hate hotmail. Hate crimes!
 

timoran

Banned
Banned
Damn, of course you have to ask for the e-mail when I have no clue what e-mail alias I used for FA way back when. Why do I have to give my e-mail? Why can't I just give my username and then my confirmation of my e-mail is that I received the message?
 

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
timoran said:
Damn, of course you have to ask for the e-mail when I have no clue what e-mail alias I used for FA way back when. Why do I have to give my e-mail? Why can't I just give my username and then my confirmation of my e-mail is that I received the message?
Because it's a security implementation.
 

timoran

Banned
Banned
Preyfar said:
timoran said:
Damn, of course you have to ask for the e-mail when I have no clue what e-mail alias I used for FA way back when. Why do I have to give my e-mail? Why can't I just give my username and then my confirmation of my e-mail is that I received the message?
Because it's a security implementation.

Right. Only the owner of that e-mail address would receive the code. How is it any more secure to require that e-mail address to be typed in?
 
Top