• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Account Importing From Old FA [Updated]

Janet Merai

I tried entering my username in many names, in all I could, I also entered my email which I nearly use for "everything" and got "Authentication failed"

Please, someone help me here..

janetmerai[at]sonicdash[dot]net

My account name was something like "Dark Hedgehog"

Kulock

Been trying a few times yesterday and today, checked my e-mail's spam filtered folder and everything, no luck. I only had two ancient Flash files (and some comments), but I also lost my HD in a crash at one point, so I don't have any backups of those Flash files. So they'd be nice to have, even if they aren't very good.

Gabe

And everything seem to be in order for me...except I never recieve any mails, no matter how many times I confirm my old account.

Serenakitty

when I tried to import I got everything accepted even the authentication...but I haven't gotten ANY E-mail at all...and I've tried it for the past few days.....and still hadn't gotten anything not even in my bulk mail account..... :cry:

Kestrel

Much the same story, various attempts and all alledgedly confirmed, yet no emai lhas materialised in any of the folders, spam or otherwise. I also attempted changing my current email address to a backup, from gmail to hotmail, but with much the same results. Both accounts go by the name "Kestrel"

Sitar

I too did not receive any email after it seemed to accept everything well. No biggy to me. Id prefer starting new anyways.

And heres a suggestion, since I dont know where else to put it and it deals with data retreival. Many people want their watch lists back. We have all found interesting artist whom we want to remember on FA in the past. I read some reasons somewhere as to why you cant bring these lists back, I dont know where though. If thats still valid then..

My thoughts were.. cant you retrieve just the usernames from peoples old watch lists? Dont have them put into use, just plain text. That way a user can look through the list, and go and manually find whether the artist has signed up at FA yet. And could give them a chance to find thoes who have yet to sign up/under a different name. Once you find somoene you really like, it sucks losing their username and thats what watch lists are all about.
Does that sound doable?
Dont know if this has come up yet..

fuzzyroo

The Prehistoric
ok....importing.....?

well, first, the link is typed in both fire fox and IExplorer and 1 of 3 things happen
either:
1) i get a blank screen
2)403 you do no have permission to access this site
or
3)or 404 url not found
as a not so cpu suave kangaroo.....i'm utterly confuzzled
but yeah :p that's what's been goin on, please if it's not too much trubble, may i inquire what happened?

No email!

Like many here, I am also not recieving the email I need to continue the rest of the importing process for my gallery. Hope this is something that can be sorted out, As I'd really like to continue being a pat of FA.

Please let us know what can be done or when it is fixed :)

Almafeta

Zaine Otter said:
I still have not yet gotten an e-mail with an account key or whatever...

Is it commonly taking over 24 hours?

It sent me mine in less than 2 minutes.

Reynard-Fox

Is the import page broken for everyone or just some at the moment? I've tried three browsers and can't get anything more than a blank page.

chaoscheebs

When I click the link to import, all I get is a blank white screen. I've tried it on both the most recent version of Firefox and Explorer, and got the same blank white screen both times. Username same as the forum username: chaoscheebs

Darkphyre

Preyfar said:
UPDATED:
To import your account from FA go to http://www.furaffinity.net/import/ and enter your old account info and the e-mail associated to the old account.

Follow the directions and you will be e-mailed instructions and a key on how ti finalize the import process.

When I click on the link it goes to a blank page, nothing loads at all, yet Firefox says the page is 'done' loading...

anyone else have this problem?

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Darkphyre said:
Preyfar said:
UPDATED:
To import your account from FA go to http://www.furaffinity.net/import/ and enter your old account info and the e-mail associated to the old account.

Follow the directions and you will be e-mailed instructions and a key on how ti finalize the import process.

When I click on the link it goes to a blank page, nothing loads at all, yet Firefox says the page is 'done' loading...

anyone else have this problem?
Everybody is. I dunno what happened, but the import page is fully broken.

ITOMIC

For me it wasnt always broken. It worked about a week ago, but I never got the email with the key.. NOW it just doesnt work at all... I get a blank page just like everyone else... Heh, at least a week ago the page worked.

This is retarded.

Pachyman

Hello there!

I've been holding off on posting new pics until I could import my old ones because I was right in the middle of a series when FA went down.

My question is: If I were to begin posting new pics, and then uploaded the old ones, could I change the order of the pics in my gallery?

I just wouldn't want a series that starts at #12, then jumps back to #1. Can we move the order of the pics around once we've uploaded them? When we import our old galleries, will they be the most 'recent submissions'?