• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Account Importing Problem

Goddess

New Member
Problem Here

I just got back in town and notice an importing link... Um does that link work still? B/c I keep getting a blank white screen.
 

Janet Merai

New Member
Try adding a slash.

E.g.: http://www.furaffinity.net/import/

I too got a white screen when forgetting the import"/"

Edit- Never mind, it is not working for me either. Something must be up with the server.
 

Goddess

New Member
Janet Merai said:
Try adding a slash.

E.g.: http://www.furaffinity.net/import/

I too got a white screen when forgetting the import"/"

Edit- Never mind, it is not working for me either. Something must be up with the server.

Yeah I had tryed it too and it did that.. Oh well I guess I will wait. Thanks though.
 

ITOMIC

New Member
YEah me too. It said it imported but I never got any mail conformation. It's been a week. What gives?
 

Shira

Member
Like a lot of others here, I got the "authentication successful" message but never received an e-mail. No sign of it in the spam folder either. The import page is presently completely broken or else I'd try again.
 

Rey

New Member
My specific story is that I tried several times over several days to import it and didn't get any e-mails. Except that I checked the spam filter on Tuesday, and it turns out that I did get one on late Saturday night. So I tried putting the code in, but I got an error message saying the code was invalid. I reasoned that it was because I sent my username and e-mail address at least a couple more times after I actually got that e-mail, so the code was no longer valid. So I tried the import page one more time on Tuesday, and so far have not gotten any e-mail back in my inbox or spam filter. And right now the import page seems to be down, so I couldn't try anyway.
 

uncia2000

Member
ITOMIC said:
YEah me too. It said it imported but I never got any mail conformation. It's been a week. What gives?
Has only been back up (officially) a couple of days. Try again? :?

(Yeah, I've had many problems with confirmation emails on other communities in the past and has usually been near-impossible to tell whether the email was actually sent, or not).

*claws crossed*
 

uncia2000

Member
Drakee said:
Yeah, I tried last week and I never got an email either <:/
Hrmm; so the system set you up a "blank" userpage http://www.furaffinity.net/user/Drakee/ (registered date = blank, as usual!) but you can't get into that, nor request a new password?
 

Egypt Urnash

buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz
I get absolutely nothing at the import URL - not a 404, not any kind of error from my browser, just a blank white page. Viewing the source of it is absolutely blank.

Quite disconcerting!
 

Pico

Member
Egypt Urnash said:
I get absolutely nothing at the import URL - not a 404, not any kind of error from my browser, just a blank white page. Viewing the source of it is absolutely blank.

Quite disconcerting!

Same here, at the moment.
 

Moonflax

New Member
When I try to import it gives me info about my account but doesn't import anything from old. It did manage to change my password for me though, to my old FA password, which I didn't realize to try until I got a lucky guess that maybe that was what happened.

I am also having the issues regarding not staying logged in for over five seconds or so.
 

Claw_MacKain

New Member
When I try importing my account I get the same thing Arakupa got...
 

Kestrel

New Member
Much the same story for myself as all of the above; The account goes by the name of Kestrel, the email ArkosKestrel (@t) gmail ..
 

Rann

New Member
Um, admins? Could we have at least something along the lines of "We're working on the problem"? I mean, I know you must be, but we're kind of dangling here in the wind on this issue, so just a general pep talk of "We're tracking this down and we'll get it fixed soon" would probably help some of us feel like we're not just floating in limbo on the issue.
 

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Rann said:
Um, admins? Could we have at least something along the lines of "We're working on the problem"? I mean, I know you must be, but we're kind of dangling here in the wind on this issue, so just a general pep talk of "We're tracking this down and we'll get it fixed soon" would probably help some of us feel like we're not just floating in limbo on the issue.
Well, as the first post in the thread mentions, we are working on the problem. Based on other feedback I've gotten I believe I know what's wrong, and we're going to get it fixed tonight (hopefully). It looks like for some reason the e-mail server is just not sending out every e-mail like it should be.
 

Rann

New Member
Preyfar said:
Rann said:
Um, admins? Could we have at least something along the lines of "We're working on the problem"? I mean, I know you must be, but we're kind of dangling here in the wind on this issue, so just a general pep talk of "We're tracking this down and we'll get it fixed soon" would probably help some of us feel like we're not just floating in limbo on the issue.
Well, as the first post in the thread mentions, we are working on the problem. Based on other feedback I've gotten I believe I know what's wrong, and we're going to get it fixed tonight (hopefully). It looks like for some reason the e-mail server is just not sending out every e-mail like it should be.

Cool. S'all I wanted, a little "Don't worry, pal, we're still with you". :)
 

ebonyleopard

New Member
I resigned back up and got the message that all the files still exsited I guess, but when I went to the import site, nothing came up, it was a blank screen.

Original name Ebonyleopard
e-mail: howart@peoplepc.com
 

Gilligan

New Member
When I click the link to import, all I get is a blank white screen. I've tried it on both the most recent version of Firefox and Explorer, and got the same blank white screen both times. Username same as the forum username:Gilligan
Email:Gilligan1_1@hotmail.com
 

Marwan

New Member
I have that same problem as well. When I found out that Fur Affinity is back online again, I, too, start a new account as directed (which is the same exact username as my old account). Then I clicked on the import link, only to see a blank white page instead.

If I have indeed arrived too late, then I'll need to start everything from scratch all over again. x_x;; Nothing that serious, since I don't have much in my gallery to begin with.

Username: Marwan
E-mail: zanoma(at)tm.net.my.
 

athus

New Member
Hiya. Tried to import and it said it found my stuff, but no images were restored 0.o Can Is till get it all back?
 
Top