• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Administrative secrecy

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxgoof

This thread is not about my friends suspension. It's about administrative procedures and secrecy.

Too much of what is done is done in secret. While privacy is important, when administrative action gets hidden along with it, that's just wrong. People can have their accounts closed and locked, and it requires other to raise their voices when an injustice is done.

Even here, discussion of administrative action is stifled, as demonstrated by the previous threat being locked and no further discussion allowed.

I'm risking my account on the forum for this, but damn it, you don't get to get away with saying, "Clients should adjust their submissions as the rules change." Of course they are, but damn it, they cannot read your minds!!! They can't know that things they think pass muster simply don't. ESPECIALLY years down the road.

There should be a time limit for suspensions. You simply can't be expected to be looking over your shoulder wondering if something you've already posted might be flagged by someone who has a vendetta against you and suddenly you can't access your account.

Again, removal and explanation can be done, but suspending someone for something posted YEARS ago is excessive. If you can't catch it within the first few weeks, that's on YOU not them.

Last edited:

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
Mate, you've already gotten a thread locked down about it. It's just site protocol.

If the rules change about what can and can't be posted on the site, you're right: People don't know what the rules will change to until they're actually changed.

But if all the art posted before changing of rules was still shown, how many complaints do you think the staff would get? It'd be seen as hypocritical and some may even leave the site over it (I know, petty...but it happens).

Like it's been said before, the person can appeal to have their suspension removed and you can submit a ticket to contact a staff member (I'm not one, but just reiterating what a moderator has told you before).

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Fa staff consists of volunteers dedicating their free time to help run the site. Even if they had paid staff it would still be impossible for them to review every submission (written or otherwise) without others slipping by.

Announcements are also made when rules are changed. If the user chooses to leave it up, that means another member of FA can report it as they encounter it.

Zenkiki

The softest little kitty
The other thread answered what to do if your account is locked for that reason.
You need to go Appeal it and say it was an old submission. It is not that hard. You coming here to complain about that not being good enough is not going to get your account opened.

Yakamaru

Worshiper of Monster

Yakamaru

Worshiper of Monster

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Hmm.

Asking members for input/ideas as well maybe?
You missed it since it was back in July, but there was a thread on exactly this (that has since been deleted).

Oddly enough the suggestions were mostly “Ban Attaman” and “Let the forum pick their own staff”. Also there was something about Boogaloo, but that’s about the gist of the “Put trust back in FA(F) moderation” suggestions, plus nuking Politics (that one’s already happened, though, so a bit redundant to mention).

There was on-and-off mention of more mods / more active mods, but that seemed to be a dealbreaker for several of the “Pick our own mods” crowd (“We don’t trust FAF staff so we want new mods! But only one or two. In replacement of current mods. Also we choose them. And if there’s more / runoff mods that’s bad.”), which needless to say assured basically nobody for obvious reasons.

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
What is the point of this thread again?

Yakamaru

Worshiper of Monster
Maybe they should do (fursuited) podcasts of bans and appeals and have it be like Judge Judy. :p
Dunno, SimSim. Having a bunny be a Judge..

As a predator I have my doubts. :V

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Wrong.

This is authoritarianism.

VERY MUCH A FASCIST IDEA.

And if it gets locked then great.

At least we know the extent the admins are willing to go to protect their fascism.
Sit down please. Have some camomile tea.

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
Wrong.

This is authoritarianism.

VERY MUCH A FASCIST IDEA.

And if it gets locked then great.

At least we know the extent the admins are willing to go to protect their fascism.
You're probably a troll but...eh, whatever. I'm getting this off my chest.

Being told the rules of a website, agreeing to them and then being suspended cos you broke them...is entirely on you. Claiming it's authoritarianism (which you don't know the definition of, since actual authoritarianism is very serious indeed) not only de-values how dangerous the practice actually is, it also makes you look rather stupid.

If the moderators made a mistake, sure, you're well within your right to appeal. In an 'authoritarian' system, you wouldn't even get to flap your tongue, mate. If anything, you're de-valuing the victims of real-world authoritarianism, comparing your insignificant upset to their actual loss of freedom. But I suppose I'm not surprised. You probably called Toys R Us authoritarian cos they wouldn't let you ride the bicycle indoors.

If you want to play by your own rules, kindly go to another site which aligns with your preferences or make your own.

It'd be locked because politics were brought up, not because the admins are biased against you. (And yes, I know I'm contributing to that by responding to your trolling or sheer mis-labelling, but whatever).

Rassah

I think a policy that any post that is reported and violated rules which is older than some period of time (6 month? A year?) should just be deleted and that's it. If no one complained about it before, then it wasn't really an issue or wasn't an issue before rules changed. And removing it solves the "bad image" problem.

But this forum is private property, so the owners can do whatever they want with it. It's their right to.

Status
Not open for further replies.