• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Forum Adult Content?

Sprite

The Sheepish Sheep
I'm confused as to whether discussing or posting explicitly mature or adult content is allowed anywhere on the forum. I've checked the forum rules, but I wasn't able to get a clear answer. For clarification, the relevant rule says this:
3.2 Do not engage in Mature/Adult Rated activity in General Rated or public areas, such as profiles, journals, and shouts.

Prohibited content includes erotic role-play, but excludes discussion of adult themes, provided they aren't explicit. You may review content ratings by accessing the AUP under section 1.1.

If there was a blanket ban on adult content I would have expected the rule to be more straightforward about it. But the wording seems to suggest that every section of the forum has its own rating, either General, Adult, or possibly even Mature; and these ratings determine what you can and can't post in the respective board. However, I haven't seen these ratings anywhere, leaving me to presume I must be wrong about this.

But then, what does the rule mean then by "General Rated?" I haven't seen this term applied anywhere. Maybe it means the General board? I.e. Forum Introductions, General Discussion, etc. But I don't think it does? The rule doesn't seem to say adult content is banned everywhere, so where is it allowed? Only in private messages?

Can someone help clarify this rule? I'm really confused about it.

Dinocanid

I am just a dog on the internet (wow!)
From my understanding, you cannot post explicit content on the forum anywhere. You can discusss mature or adult content as long as the post does not contain anything explicit (that's why people are allowed to advertise NSFW RPs, art, etc.). Some sub-boards have their own guidelines when it comes to NSFW content, specifying what to do in a particular situation. In the Art Sales and Auctions category, for example, you cannot post explicit content. However, you can link to it as long as it's behind a filter requiring login. So if you posted explicit art on FA and properly labeled it as such, then you can link to it instead.

Private messages are not a public area, so I believe NSFW content is allowed in them.

The rule says "general rated", however since there are no specifically-rated boards (not sure if it did in the past and they got removed) then that automatically falls back on the second part of the statement: public areas. Any part of the forum that can be seen by anybody is a public area, so that means the entire forum is a public area. The only things not public are private messages, which can only be seen by you and the recipient and not some random onlooker

Mailoh

I'm confused as to whether discussing or posting explicitly mature or adult content is allowed anywhere on the forum. I've checked the forum rules, but I wasn't able to get a clear answer. For clarification, the relevant rule says this:

If there was a blanket ban on adult content I would have expected the rule to be more straightforward about it. But the wording seems to suggest that every section of the forum has its own rating, either General, Adult, or possibly even Mature; and these ratings determine what you can and can't post in the respective board. However, I haven't seen these ratings anywhere, leaving me to presume I must be wrong about this.

But then, what does the rule mean then by "General Rated?" I haven't seen this term applied anywhere. Maybe it means the General board? I.e. Forum Introductions, General Discussion, etc. But I don't think it does? The rule doesn't seem to say adult content is banned everywhere, so where is it allowed? Only in private messages?

Can someone help clarify this rule? I'm really confused about it.

That COC line specifically concerns the main site furaffinity.net

The terms and rules of the forum are separate afaik: Terms and Rules | Fur Affinity Forums

Edit: yes, it's mentioned there as well, it should be a given that you shouldn't act or post things that are tailored for adults in an area that minors have access to. (FA is 13+.)