• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Adult Filter?

Should it be added?

• Total voters
M

MakTheFurry

There's a rule (

Keep the Forums Friendly
Keep the forums friendly and open to everyone by keeping your posts to a PG-13 rating.

) But normally i don't think this get's followed. A filter could be added and (Depending on user's choice) they could classify it as child-friendly OR adult. This could also maybe make furaffinity not banned with some filters (Even though proxies exist). What's you're opinion? Do you think it should be added? and if so, how should it be implemented?

M

MakTheFurry

Perhaps maybe adding a forum-wide NSFW prefix like what we have locally in Art Exchange and Site Support
I guess that would work in a way but that can be easily bypassed, therefore it probably would be blocked from filters... Good Point though, why is it just in Art Exchange and Site Support?

Moderator-Gazelle

Forum Moderator
why is it just in Art Exchange and Site Support

I mean to say that we have forum specific prefixes in these two forums (Commission Buying/Selling, Account/Login issue) usually to categorize things.

I guess that would work in a way but that can be easily bypassed
Making something that hard refuses users from entering threads marked 18+ could get kinda abusive-y user-wise (Someone doesn't like a user thats underage then marks all their threads NSFW so that user can't participate)

This is something the forums team is going to discuss a lot since the forums will be evolving over time.. like pokemon.. or digimon.. or... nature?

M

MakTheFurry

I mean to say that we have forum specific prefixes in these two forums (Commission Buying/Selling, Account/Login issue) usually to categorize things.

Making something that hard refuses users from entering threads marked 18+ could get kinda abusive-y user-wise (Someone doesn't like a user thats underage then marks all their threads NSFW so that user can't participate)

This is something the forums team is going to discuss a lot since the forums will be evolving over time.. like pokemon.. or digimon.. or... nature?

I like the idea of having 18+ "Tags" it works quite well :)

M

MakTheFurry

Now i realise i probably should have created this in the suggestion box, oh well! xD

D

Deleted member 82554

An adult filter in the furry community?

Hogwash, I say, there is no such thing.