• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Adult furs? 21+

Liam The Red

"Dad" Fox
Wow, that's a cool job. Had a major fire, near where I work, College Park, near DC, in this huge, cheaply built apartment building. Nobody was hurt, but they evacuated the entire University of Maryland (40,000 people). What sucks, is that so many places have relaxed building codes. I live in a renovated rowhouse, built in 1888, and then, they had brick firewalls. One building might burn, but the one connected, would be OK. Cheap ass construction makes me mad.
Wow! That sounds like a pretty big undertaking to evacuate so many people. Most modern housing is built pretty cheap. Codes require minimum protections, but they really aren't adequate most of the time.

R

RivendellWolf

Sweet! Small town? or a Rural Fire District? We started that small. Over the years we have grown some. We now have 4 stations (building a fifth now). My station has 3 class A, two Class b, A quick-attack/rescue, two tankers, misc support rigs and about 56 FF (including volunteers).
Rural fire district with a bunch of historic structures. On a good year we have 8 FF, half of them engineers. We just have the one big ladder/pumper engine, miscellaneous small wildland trucks, one ambulance (with one ALS provider if we're lucky), and a water tender. We do technical SAR too, with the level of expertise varying greatly from year to year.

Liam The Red

"Dad" Fox
Rural fire district with a bunch of historic structures. On a good year we have 8 FF, half of them engineers. We just have the one big ladder/pumper engine, miscellaneous small wildland trucks, one ambulance (with one ALS provider if we're lucky), and a water tender. We do technical SAR too, with the level of expertise varying greatly from year to year.
I don't want to hijack the thread too much, but I wanted to make sure and recognize one of my Brothers when I meet one . Keep putting the wet stuff on the hot stuff and stay safe my Brother.

Old Fashioned

Sometimes Active Member

Liam The Red

"Dad" Fox
And the rest of the team shows up. . . a day late and a dollar short. . . as usual.

Liam The Red

"Dad" Fox
Yeah, liking girls is weird anyways. Now cute boys on the other hand *trashcan drools*
You too! *bangs on Trashy's lid* Quit making people think we're all a bunch of perv's. :p

Liam The Red

"Dad" Fox
Hears there is a party, shows up. Turns out it was yesterday. (story of my life)
Actually you're just in time. Did you bring victims more fun-loving people?
Ow, ow, ow. So I can't be a perv but you get to be abusive to poor innocent trash cans?!
again . . .I didn't say that. Just quit being so OBVIOUS. You'll scare them away.:D