• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Advent Calendars

Are you going to have an advent calendar this year?

• Yep

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
This just arrived in the mail today! It looks beautiful, and is filled with 24 different varieties of tea~
E0091127-77F5-4C70-B26F-E81D1354F862.jpeg

I wasn’t the one who ordered it, but everyone in my family knows I like birbs, so I’m not surprised this is the one I got!
Are you going to have an advent calendar of your own this year? Is it filled with chocolates, tea, or maybe something else? Feel free to include pictures!

Sam Wamm

I'm a goat plushie
Galaxy_Advent_Calendar_110g_01.jpg

i'm not Christian so i don't believe in Christmas per say but it's based on an old winter solstice holiday that's practically the same so yeah it's okay.

quoting_mungo

I grew up having a calendar with little gifts for each day up until Christmas, so I spent a couple of hours today wrapping gifts and hanging them for boyfriend.

Tomorrow’s pressie is a chocolate and a tea calendar. :D

I also got myself sticker advent calendars from STICKII Club, so I’ll be getting daily sticker sheets.

AceQuorthon

International Man of Mystery
My mom made me an advent calender and I really look forward to opening the first one tomorrow :3

AceQuorthon

International Man of Mystery

Sam Wamm

I'm a goat plushie
first candy time now yay

Sam Wamm

I'm a goat plushie
I had the exact same reaction when I found out tea calendars existed :D
wait til i tell you about the coffee and hot chocolate calendars

quoting_mungo

View attachment 123350Reviving this thread because my calendar for this year has arrived! And it’s a tea one again
I got that one for boyfriend last year, and he got himself one this year! He has some reservations about the prominence of a few flavors he doesn’t much care for, but by and large he enjoyed it. Obviously, since he treated himself to one. XD

I’ve also got a wall with hooks that I put little gifts for him on for every day in December until Christmas. First day I typically put an advent calendar of some sort. This year, I got him an escape room calendar:
It was pretty spendy, but I think he’ll enjoy it, and it’s a very novel idea.

For myself, I got a set of STICKII Club’s advent calendars:
I’ve gotten them every year since they started, and they’ve always been a joy.

I’d have loved to get Diamine’s Inkvent calendar, but I can only afford so much.

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
Apparently these were sold in Tesco back in 2018. Anyone in the UK want to see if these are being made this year?

SCIMX%2BPROTEIN%2BADVENT%2BCALENDAR.JPG
Might have a look round the next time I go to a Tesco, but I have my doubts as to whether they're still being sold. The local one near where I live doesn't always have the best selection of products, so I'm probably outta luck.

Goldarm

Eshu's left hand

Connor J. Coyote

I dunno..... I think we're gonna pass on the wall calendar thing this year.... (like we did last)... as calenders are just about everywhere electronically nowadays; but... we used to get these types of things.... and, (when we did) - we found that no one really used them, and they just hung there, unattended ☺;.... but, some of these traditional wall ones are still nice to look at, I agree there.

quoting_mungo

Wooo just finished up wrapping and hanging gifts for boyfriend! A little sad I ran out of my favorite wrapping paper that I was hoping to use for more paper crafting, but wrapping paper exists to be used, so… *shrug*

quoting_mungo

This year, I got him an escape room calendar:
It was pretty spendy, but I think he’ll enjoy it, and it’s a very novel idea.
Update:
You know how sometimes you can weigh game time against price for video games? Yeah, the EXIT calendar is still a largish price tag, but it’s giving a remarkable bang for the buck. We fell a few days behind because life happened, so we only solved door number five this morning, but all the puzzles have been super clever and novel. Only one of them so far that I feel is… unfair seems a bad word for it, but like there should have been another item on the “additional materials you’ll need” list.

I’d have loved to get Diamine’s Inkvent calendar, but I can only afford so much.
Also boyfriend got me the inkvent calendar and I’m loving the hell out of it. Again, a few days behind, but aaah the inks have been gorgeous and several have felt like “professional enough” without being boring. Which is super cool - I don’t mind “unprofessional,” bright inks, but something a bit more sedate is sometimes nice, and this is a chance to try some I otherwise might not have taken a chance on.