• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Against The Grain: Furs Who Break The Stereotypes

talakestreal

The Laconic Draconic
This article sums up dragons in far better ways than I ever could. Some of you may have read it already...

Dragons Walk Among Us

haha, I hadn't read that one before. Nice.

Must be from a different subset of dragons than I ever was, considering I only know in very dim terms the dragon they're talking about in that article.

One of these days, I'll have to write my own, talking about my draconic experiences, lol. Seeing stuff like that just makes me think, people are once again MISINFORMED.

Amusing, that.

Giorgio Gabriel

You Will Be Godlike.
haha, I hadn't read that one before. Nice.

Must be from a different subset of dragons than I ever was, considering I only know in very dim terms the dragon they're talking about in that article.

One of these days, I'll have to write my own, talking about my draconic experiences, lol. Seeing stuff like that just makes me think, people are once again MISINFORMED.

Amusing, that.

I wish I knew the dragons you know because all but one or two are exactly like that. Complete with "hatchie days". Why, when I first made my FA page the first private message I got was from some Joe Schmo who asked me if I believed in real life dragons and if I had a draconic spirit within me. I rolled my eyes so hard I thought they might fall out of their sockets. Maybe I do, but it sure isn't helping me become A Pimp Named Slickback anytime soon.

KaiserVadin

Super Saiyan 5 Kaioken x ???
I have a fox fursona but my furry life is not focus on YIFFing and sex I do ( M ) to some pictures but would not do another guy in the rear my fandom is mainly about liking foxes even if I think there cute or not . :confused:

SparkOfMortality

Just checkin' in
This article sums up dragons in far better ways than I ever could. Some of you may have read it already...

Dragons Walk Among Us

I WISH I could be as nutty as this Kai guy and STILL be happy with everything I do. Everyone wishes for some kind of dememented illusion to make life look better and he's lucky enough to have found one that no-one seems to be able to convince him is tripe.

Seriously though. Just for shits'n'giggles, I think it would be awesome to find one of the "true believers" and actually make them argue that they are a dragon. Maybe record it and upload it to youtube.

xKagex

You Just Lost The Game
I go against the grain.
How?
Simple.
I'm not a furry, but I'm furry friendly. :p
unlike most of the non-furry world

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
I go against the grain.
How?
Simple.
I'm not a furry, but I'm furry friendly. :p
unlike most of the non-furry world

trust me, six posts from now, it'll all go downhill.

Anbessa

Don't people tend to choose their fursona based on their personality? It would stand to reason, then, that the people claiming those fursonae would do so because they feel those things apply to them. It is not then that people of a specific fursona tend to fit into certain stereotypes, but that people who fit into certain stereotypes tend to choose specific fursonae.

Myself, I am the stereotypical Tanuki.

what is a stereotypical Tanuki then?

anyway, this might be true with most furries. however, there are those who choose for looks, without knowing that the real animal is like. and then there are those who invent themselves an 'alien'. the former ridicule themselves acting not like the majority thinks any animal of that species should act.

as for myself, I chose my fursona for easy looks (easy as in posing no problems when drawing), and the fact it was a RPG character before, so I had a good idea how the character would act. the fleshing-out came later, and I realized that that fursona had inherited a lot of my own personality traits, if not all. this might explain why I never act like a real lion, and doesn't feel inclined to do so.

robotechtiger

MROWL! Bleh!
I'm not sure what a stereotypical tiger fursona's supposed to be like.

My character's certainly a passionate sort, throwing as much of himself as he can into whatever he's doing, from cooking/music to eviscerating some petty dictator so he can collect the bounty :D :p

Dunno if that's stereotypical or not.

virus

TROLLUS MAXIMUS
Fookin' Hell! I was in that shit as a kid! They did this to me?! I'll fucking kill them!!!

I didn't mean it that way. Look at the characters very clearly
The bear is fat
The tiger is muscular
The wolf is skinny

I lol'ed

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
I didn't mean it that way. Look at the characters very clearly
The bear is fat
The tiger is muscular
The wolf is skinny

I lol'ed

I'm a wolf and I'm skinny yet muscly... what does that mean?

AuraTwilight

Secksie'su
Wolves are almost always GRIMDARK and loners who are mystical and super speshul in some way, whether it be because of magic, technology, or whatever. Can do no wrong and are always hailed as being paragons of good - which allows for lots of angst with their badboy ways, which wolves crave. They enjoy the BELTAN ZIPPER fashion as well, with an overt love of blood and wanton violence to up their bad-assery.

My wolf character is anything but. He'll cry if his day isn't super shiny sunny happytime rainbow awesome, and he's about as depressed, emo, and dark as an airheaded, blonde cheerlocker with triple D's.

talakestreal

The Laconic Draconic
I wish I knew the dragons you know because all but one or two are exactly like that. Complete with "hatchie days". Why, when I first made my FA page the first private message I got was from some Joe Schmo who asked me if I believed in real life dragons and if I had a draconic spirit within me. I rolled my eyes so hard I thought they might fall out of their sockets. Maybe I do, but it sure isn't helping me become A Pimp Named Slickback anytime soon.

Haha, when I joined FA, I had that same thing happen. I tend to ignore the people who are all "OMGWTFBBQ I"m a DRAGON, HOOMANS SUCK" as the complete blithering idiots most of them are.

That being said, one of these days I'll get motivated, and I'll write out an intelligent post for this forum about my own opinions about dragons/what they are, without the whole ranting spiel of "I ARE THE UBERKIN DRAGONLORD." If there's one thing that makes me want to flame a topic, it's those idiots.

The majority of the dragons I hang out with/used to hang out (I've become a loner mostly now), aren't like that, and tend to attack those who are.

GigasDragon

Disaster in a Cute Form
Vioment is Vioment (who is me) and I really can't say I care whether or not he's a stereotype. He's a fun character and I don't feel pressured to change much to 'go against the grain'. Besides, writing a character who breaks every stereotype ever is really gimmicky.

makmakmob

I'm a wolf and I'm skinny yet muscly... what does that mean?

It means I hate you for being in shape.

Anyway, I can just about buy the beltan zipper thing if put in the right context, the bit I find weird is when these people are supposed to be mercenaries or bounty hunters! I mean WTF is a 'bounty hunter' to these people, anyway? I never see them hunting for bounties.

Shads

My dragon beasty is more goofy than serious, asexual with no visible sex organs (I've yet to decide whether they exist or not), no fetishes or vore, isn't that much bigger than a person, and generally doesn't wear clothes on account of being feral D;

virus

TROLLUS MAXIMUS