• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

AI-generated fursonnas/furry art

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
Dude, that seriously looks good! My experience with 3D sculpting is restricted to basic Jabba the Blobfish-heads á la Sculptris. Your rendition of that feline femme is definitely an improvement over the original!
Thank you kindly! Improvement over the original, that's quite an achievement.

And I think I'm going to sort-of focus on felines with these exercises, right now they're pretty much absent from my gallery.

To clarify a bit, I'm working with 3D for years, but hardly ever tried sculpting. So far I would rather construct my models polygon-by-polygon. It works well but it's so slooooowwww... Sculpting has a potential to speed things up exponentially.

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
Okay, only one finding today cause I don't have much time, but it will be something Really. Special.
Click at your own risk.

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
I found one that I actually am unsure if it would be allowed to be posted.

It's pretty clear that it is very NSFW.
The AI must have had quite the educational lesson that day.

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
Oh Lawd he comin'!

I was away for a while, but now I'm back. With another sculpting exercise too.
Gosh, you make it look so easy! It's really impressive, giving these souls new life like that.

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
Gosh, you make it look so easy! It's really impressive, giving these souls new life like that.
Thank you. The fact is that for longest time (I think it was 2 years!) I couldn't get enough confidence to try out the sculpting properly. I'd watch hours upon hours of tutorials, open the program, start messing around, didn't like how clumsy I am with it, quit... Sculpting is pretty much like drawing but in 3D space, and I'm not at all good at freehand drawing. Literally, this website with its deformed monstrosities somehow was exactly what I needed. Because even if I fail spectacularly, this AI always has something much worse.

It turns out it was (almost) purely a confidence issue, once I started with a better mindset it really goes much better too. I'm far from being proficient though, these projects taking days should technically be possible within hours!

So yeah, it's not as easy for me as it looks... at least currently. But I'd like to encourage you to try. Many artists with background in drawing find the 3D sculpting much more approachable than the other aspects of 3D. Just watch some introductory tutorial(s) about Blender's basics, and then you can move to those directly sculpting-related. No heavy 3D knowledge is required to start. The only necessary thing is a tablet, but it doesn't at all need to be fancy. For these exercises I borrow my wife's old trusty Bamboo and it's 100% sufficient.

Now, I figured I can add some basic materials and lighting to the last project. Turned out rather neat if I can say, and further exercises will be rendered in such a format.

Also, I think in time this fine kitty might get adopted into my cast of characters. Kind of want to make her a sabertooth or something.

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
Thank you. The fact is that for longest time (I think it was 2 years!) I couldn't get enough confidence to try out the sculpting properly. I'd watch hours upon hours of tutorials, open the program, start messing around, didn't like how clumsy I am with it, quit... Sculpting is pretty much like drawing but in 3D space, and I'm not at all good at freehand drawing. Literally, this website with its deformed monstrosities somehow was exactly what I needed. Because even if I fail spectacularly, this AI always has something much worse.

It turns out it was (almost) purely a confidence issue, once I started with a better mindset it really goes much better too. I'm far from being proficient though, these projects taking days should technically be possible within hours!

So yeah, it's not as easy for me as it looks... at least currently. But I'd like to encourage you to try. Many artists with background in drawing find the 3D sculpting much more approachable than the other aspects of 3D. Just watch some introductory tutorial(s) about Blender's basics, and then you can move to those directly sculpting-related. No heavy 3D knowledge is required to start. The only necessary thing is a tablet, but it doesn't at all need to be fancy. For these exercises I borrow my wife's old trusty Bamboo and it's 100% sufficient.

Now, I figured I can add some basic materials and lighting to the last project. Turned out rather neat if I can say, and further exercises will be rendered in such a format.

Also, I think in time this fine kitty might get adopted into my cast of characters. Kind of want to make her a sabertooth or something.
Those are some fantastic tips! Thank you! I've been interested in getting into some of the 3D stuff and rigging, especially since VR is becoming so popular. Even now I feel way behind the times but no time like the present!

And I know what you mean about having confidence on something that can be considered a "throw-away" project. I tend to do that, too, and it makes things easier. At least, until I get to a part where I'm like "Wow, this is looking good!" then I get nervous to make marks. Digital marks. With save files and an undo button. Why am I such a scaredy? I don't know.

I love using this site for inspiration, though. It's fun to quickly see color palettes and different shapes in such a quick side-by-side option.
She would look fantastic as a sabertooth. You should totally do that. Her eye color is gorgeous!

So I'll add 3D tutorials to my to-do list and play around that some time. Ah, what art adventures await!

Fcomega121

Friendly Maned Fox + Phoenix

Fcomega121

Friendly Maned Fox + Phoenix

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
Not much to add today, but I won't leave you without a randomly generated masterpiece. You'd think it's pretty cute, but then you look closer...

I would love to know, how the hell did the AI come up with this idea that the character's tongue should go all the way around their head.