• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

All these "DJ furries"...

eversleep

Banned
Banned
I've noticed a lot of people in the fandom have furry names that start with "DJ". Are all these people actually DJs, or are they just wannabes or pretend to be DJs?

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
It is a title of Nobility.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
I think they think they are DJ's. I've ran into a lot of furries who go "Yeah, I DJ on Second Life. I'm awesome."

Xegras

Peerat
I think they think they are DJ's. I've ran into a lot of furries who go "Yeah, I DJ on Second Life. I'm awesome."

"I play music on SL, I'm a cool DJ" :D

These people need to be kicked in the head. :V

Kian_Forepaw

Kian Forepaw

If ANYONE cites ANYTHING on second life as something having some implication on life in the real world, shoot them.

Fay V

Lost to this world
If ANYONE cites ANYTHING on second life as something having some implication on life in the real world, shoot them.
congrats. you won the "best first" post award.

Anyway yeah. It's mostly wannabes, but there's one or two that are DJs or at least are trying to learn the skill IRL

Xegras

Peerat

You should go to the Ordo Imperialis on SL >_>

They called campus police on a guy that was "griefing" them.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I can make playlists, does that make a DJ? NO, so get those DJs off your name

VoidBat

It's a mix.
Just as you'll see names such as; Ex. "Metalfox, FunkPanda, Rockwolf, Popcat" etc etc. It's mildly annoying, and lame at best to tag your username in such a fashion. If you're not 100% involved in that kind of music genre, and don't actually play an musical instrument, you might have to start thinking about changing that name.

Waffles

I'm a gryphon thing.
This is fairly annoying as I see so many furries go "I'm a DJ/remixer" and I'm like "Have you played anywhere yet?" and they go "Nooooo but I will!" and I'm like "gtfo :I"
Uhm... yeah.

RayO_ElGatubelo

My gif animation doesn't work
Pfffth. Screw the whole DJ/remixer thing. I'm gonna make a character that's a radio DJ. Yeah...

Rhodri

Fingerer of Basses.
Pfffth. Screw the whole DJ/remixer thing. I'm gonna make a character that's a radio DJ. Yeah...

Anyone that could honestly call themselves a radio DJ could hold their head quite high, in my opinion. Mainly because I want that job. Well, not THAT job, but similar. Either board op. or producer in a radio station would be quite ideal, thank you.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
I'm gonna change my name to VocationGuidanceCounsellorSergal.

Tiger In A Tie

Say what now?
Maybe wishful thinking or an attempt to be "cool"?

I agree with the posts saying that very few of the people with DJ in their username are actual DJ's.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

Human

How is the DJ thing any more absurd than having "dark", "night" or "shadow" combined with the animal in the name?
DARKWOLF SHADOWPAW. SHADOWFOX DARKFANG. NIGHTFIRE DARKSHADOW. SHADOWDARK NIGHTFART.

Besides, and this is just me here:
>cool
>fursona

Pick one. Having a "cool" fursona is an oxymoron in itself, so having a silly name just makes it redundant.