• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

All these "DJ furries"...

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
This topic is what finally gave me a username idea. :p
And soon you'll realize it might have been a bad username in the long run, and go cry to change your name.

Tango

*drinking your brain juices*

djraverfox

Shoutout to my home-boy DJs in the fandom ; Tigon , Recca , F3NN , Genki , Protocollie w0rd!

I actually haven't DJed on SL ever and all my experience is IRL. Not only that, but I don't use a computer DJ program such as Virtual DJ (a.k.a How Dubstep Took Over) or Traktor (a.k.a Look at me play vinyls on timecodes but their not really vinyls but at least it looks like it.)

Throw some Pioneer MK-1s my way with a DJM 900, toss in a couple of furries and a fog machine and its bound to get ill. And I'll do it with CDs.

I guess that makes me cool?

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again
Shoutout to my home-boy DJs in the fandom ; Tigon , Recca , F3NN , Genki , Protocollie w0rd!

I actually haven't DJed on SL ever and all my experience is IRL. Not only that, but I don't use a computer DJ program such as Virtual DJ (a.k.a How Dubstep Took Over) or Traktor (a.k.a Look at me play vinyls on timecodes but their not really vinyls but at least it looks like it.)

Throw some Pioneer MK-1s my way with a DJM 900, toss in a couple of furries and a fog machine and its bound to get ill. And I'll do it with CDs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SytqGAolhgg ?

Maxwell

Dictator in Waiting

Everyone knows you're not a real DJ unless you use Tec-12's...

And all furries who actually go to parties listen to is trance or techno, easiest genres to mix imaginable.

Last edited:

Dj_whoohoo

I have dj in my name because I like how it's sounds instead of whoohoo by it self. No I'm not a wannabe or an actual dj I just like it.

Melee

Imp
I think the DJ name phenomena is related to the raver/scene thing, which really boils down to a need to be unique and cool and "omgKA-RAZY!"

E

Elim Garak

I see a lot of people DJ on SL and internet streams and quite frankly the terrible mixing and such makes me laugh.
It's quite obvious these people never touched a mid to high end DJ equipment.What they basically do is just put music into Sam Broadcaster and let it do the work by itself, well and occasional advertise with their microphone.
That's my view on that but about putting it in the name is to sound cool. Of course its fine if you have an account dedicated to putting your own mixes/songs online like on Youtube or Soundcloud.

E

Elim Garak

Bad ones do. My brother is a DJ and he gets roughly £100 for three hours.
Yup, got someone in the family that plays a club.
He makes quite a lot of money compared to a regular job for the same amount of hours.
It depends on your skill, and how well you are known.

JAK3ST3RB

any furry that has "DJ" in there name probably chats shit and only does it for the ego boost.
the small percentage of actual dj's is quite small. and no if you use virtual dj on second life.. you can fuck off and die.

Foedus

One Dopey Doberman
I also noticed that 99% of the people who have "DJ" in front of their names are phenomenal douches.

At least, the ones that try to justify saying that because they reorganized their Itunes playlist makes them 'omgzdabestdjevarz'.

iTails

Certified Asshole
I've DJ'd at a few places (parties and community events) and mixed music, though never really worked on anything of my own. I have 2 tracks I've made in Reason 5 and I can honestly say that being a DJ and a producer are 2 totally different things. It's not necessarily hard, but there's a time consuming difference in the two.

A DJ will mix music together for about an hour until it sounds right. A producer will spend hours on a track (mastering, putting "more more into the track" etc)

I will admit though, there are a lot of people who claim themselves "DJs" who really don't do anything but throw on stereo mix and play something off of their iTunes playlist in Ventrilo/Teamspeak.

Xandrah

The Dragon Queen
There are some good DJ's on SecondLife, but these are people who do it for a living in real life usually.