• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

All things Divinity Original Sin 2

What is the furthest you've made in Divinity Original Sin 2?

• Act 1 (Fort Joy)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Act 1 (Hollow Marshes)

• Act 2 (Blackpits) [After 3rd Source point]

• Total voters

Jackpot Raccuki

Although half canine, is not a wolf.
For all things Divinity Original Sin 2

(New saves be like)

Wanted to make a thread for one of the most well-made games I've ever seen and played~ And the one where it manages to make me play it over and over again despite not even completing it once. (I blame groups that don't stick.)

Ideally this thread would be for:
  • Looking for groups
  • Posting funny DOS2 images/events
  • Any tips and tricks
  • Mod showcase
Steam store page: store.steampowered.com: Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition on Steam

Now enjoy the thread, and even the game.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
Just let me play as a lizard and I am happy, alright?

Tenné

Purveyor of cookies
Where's the poll option for the main menu?

I kind of want to LFG, but I don't know if I'll have the patience for it.

Jackpot Raccuki

Just let me play as a lizard and I am happy, alright?
Man, so many people love the lizards.
Not there's anything wrong with it. >w>

Where's the poll option for the main menu?

I kind of want to LFG, but I don't know if I'll have the patience for it.
That's fair, added the option anyway~
I mean, in some cases it should be fun to go through there really isn't much stuff that'd take your patience, other than when someone like me who knows what they're doing are trying to do something, like kill Alexander at Fort Joy.

Baalf

Baalf

Elves, dwarfs and undead skeletons: Am I a joke to you?

You bet yer hinnie! XD

(at least, I count elves and dwarves as human. Skeletons are just plain boring.)

Last edited:

Leeze

Professional Procrastinator
My very first run through I chose Fane as my character. Not the best choice, since it seemed to complicate the story a bit; it would have been much better to make a custom one, I think.

Jackpot Raccuki

My very first run through I chose Fane as my character. Not the best choice, since it seemed to complicate the story a bit; it would have been much better to make a custom one, I think.
No, personally Fane is really good, mostly for having him in thivery due to boney fingers. His main downside is if you're in a group, you cannot be healed unless it's by certain stuff, like blood sucker or poison.
Really any other orign character is fine, it's just Fane is more of a hard mode, the undead are tbf.

Leeze

No, personally Fane is really good, mostly for having him in thivery due to boney fingers. His main downside is if you're in a group, you cannot be healed unless it's by certain stuff, like blood sucker or poison.
Really any other orign character is fine, it's just Fane is more of a hard mode, the undead are tbf.
Oh I definitely agree! I had a great time playing him as his versatility was quite useful and made for a pretty good spellcaster. I meant that since I chose Fane in my first runthrough, I thought that the story line was slightly more confusing than it would have been if I had made a custom character.

Jackpot Raccuki

Oh I definitely agree! I had a great time playing him as his versatility was quite useful and made for a pretty good spellcaster. I meant that since I chose Fane in my first runthrough, I thought that the story line was slightly more confusing than it would have been if I had made a custom character.
Origin characters have their own stories. Although yes, Fane's is a lot more complex than the others, I barely know what it is.

Like, Lohse's is the one I remember the most, I need to main her more tbf.

LameFox

This game really annoyed me because I liked most of it but the one thing I really despised, the armour as a health bar thing, was so pervasive. My party had one magical damage dealer for variety's sake and normally that's not an issue but I spent the rest of the game regretting it because even when something had insanely high physical armour it was still more effective to just focus it with my other characters. Like, I get that it made the application of status effects a bit less annoying, but IMO it wasn't worth that.

Jackpot Raccuki

This game really annoyed me because I liked most of it but the one thing I really despised, the armour as a health bar thing, was so pervasive. My party had one magical damage dealer for variety's sake and normally that's not an issue but I spent the rest of the game regretting it because even when something had insanely high physical armour it was still more effective to just focus it with my other characters. Like, I get that it made the application of status effects a bit less annoying, but IMO it wasn't worth that.
That's why summoners are seen as OP, they can be both physical and magical, often i feel bad for my wizard in my current group since at the moment most seem to have a lot of magical armour, but then again even with high physical we have a rouge who chips it away quickly.

But I agree, in most cases enemies either have stupidly high armour, or stupidly high elemental resistence often making spell casters near useless, or feels like it.

LameFox

That's why summoners are seen as OP, they can be both physical and magical, often i feel bad for my wizard in my current group since at the moment most seem to have a lot of magical armour, but then again even with high physical we have a rouge who chips it away quickly.

But I agree, in most cases enemies either have stupidly high armour, or stupidly high elemental resistence often making spell casters near useless, or feels like it.
I ended up getting a couple necromancy skills just in case I really badly needed it to do physical damage, but it just felt like it was for all the wrong reasons. Rather than trying to use attacks the enemy were weak against, I had these skills purely in case it had to finish off something that was near death physically but still almost impervious to magic—or I really wanted to focus something down but otherwise that one character wouldn't even contribute to the damage that killed it. Armour as DR is so much less intrusive to me than having it as an extra bar of hitpoints, to the extent that I actually liked the combat in the previous game more, even if it feels a bit dated.

Leeze

Origin characters have their own stories. Although yes, Fane's is a lot more complex than the others, I barely know what it is.

Like, Lohse's is the one I remember the most, I need to main her more tbf.
I didn't take Lohse with me unfortunately, I definitely regretted it since she seemed to be a really interesting character. I keep meaning to do another play through with her and Ifan as party members, but honestly I thought that Sebille made a much better ranger/wayfarer than Ifan did (and I thought her story was much more interesting too). I didn't enjoy the way they reworked the armor system from divinity 1 either, I really like to chain status effects and divinity 2 makes this much more difficult imo.