• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Allergies

What allergies do you have?

• Food

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Dog

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Cat

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Nuts

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Milk

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Feathers

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • None

Votes: 44 67.7%

• Total voters

Jack

you forgot to put medicine. (unless by fast reading I missed it.)

Vix formula 44 cold medicine.

TrinityWolfess

I think I'm allergic to the cold air because Whe I'm walking and it's like ice cold air im breathing, it makes me sneeze and it sucks

Anyone had that situation where even if you are not directly allergic to something, if you take in enough of it the body triggers a reaction? I had that by scything grass and I breathed in so much pollen my lungs closed up in protest.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Amoxicillin, or however you spell it.

Medical allergies count too.

Ratte

I don't go to the gym, but I did use the school's gym in college. I would take an allergy pill before going in to exercise. I would still break out, but the pill made it less prominent. Exercising in my own home is less embarrassing because nobody can see my icky hives.

God that's a really weird allergy. :[

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
I know a weirder allergy...Onions.

Yes, I know someone who's allergic to Onions.

If she smells raw onions, she starts vomiting blood. It's like peanut allergies, she's literally THAT sensitive to the smell of onions. o-O

And yet I see people bringing Subway Subs with onions into the computer science building just because they think the "Severe food allergy: Absolutely no raw onions" sign is there to be funny.

A

Azbulldog

I am thankful for no known allergies, even with a bunch of crap that runs in the family like cat and grass allergies.

Ratte

I know a weirder allergy...Onions.

Yes, I know someone who's allergic to Onions.

If she smells raw onions, she starts vomiting blood. It's like peanut allergies, she's literally THAT sensitive to the smell of onions. o-O

And yet I see people bringing Subway Subs with onions into the computer science building just because they think the "Severe food allergy: Absolutely no raw onions" sign is there to be funny.

That's just douchebaggery.

Kick them square in the nuts until they vomit blood.

Nargle

HOOT
I don't go to the gym, but I did use the school's gym in college. I would take an allergy pill before going in to exercise. I would still break out, but the pill made it less prominent. Exercising in my own home is less embarrassing because nobody can see my icky hives.

Are you sure its not something like your increased body temp causing your blood to rush to the surface of your skin, thus making it inflamed and itchy, and the sweat is only irritating your already inflamed skin? I have eczema on my legs, and heat causes them to become inflamed and itchy. I have to even take cold showers. And after my skin is already itchy, the sweat stings really badly =P

Also, I sneeze when I come into contact with very bright sunlight. What's that all about?

HoneyPup

Potos flavus
God that's a really weird allergy. :[
I know. :( But luckily its the only one I have to deal with.

Are you sure its not something like your increased body temp causing your blood to rush to the surface of your skin, thus making it inflamed and itchy, and the sweat is only irritating your already inflamed skin? I have eczema on my legs, and heat causes them to become inflamed and itchy. I have to even take cold showers. And after my skin is already itchy, the sweat stings really badly =P

Also, I sneeze when I come into contact with very bright sunlight. What's that all about?
I've thought about that, but I don't think its eczema. Other than this, my skin is typically smooth. It's actually cholinergic urticaria http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1049978-overview
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholinergic_urticaria

As for sneezing from sunlight. I know a few people that that happens to. It's quite funny. :D

T

Tycho

I used to get a mild "allergic reaction" to dried alfalfa hay. Since no other form of alfalfa ever seemed to cause a problem I suspect it wasn't really allergies.

Bandy

I was allergic to cats at one point in my life but it went away. I also had allergies to pollen really bad as a kid. I realized last year that I stopped having allergy problems my senior year in high school.

I am allergic to Benadryl, in pill form, and cookies and cream ice cream. I found out about the ice cream the hard way. One day I just had a bad reaction to it and now I can't eat it anymore. All other ice cream I can eat, which I find odd.

Ratte

I was allergic to cats at one point in my life but it went away. I also had allergies to pollen really bad as a kid. I realized last year that I stopped having allergy problems my senior year in high school.

I am allergic to Benadryl, in pill form, and cookies and cream ice cream. I found out about the ice cream the hard way. One day I just had a bad reaction to it and now I can't eat it anymore. All other ice cream I can eat, which I find odd.

Ingredient-specific. Check the ingredient lists on both brands/types of ice cream.