• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Alpha Protocol

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
More people need to be talking about Alpha Protocol.
It's made by shadow-Bioware, Obsidian Entertainment. Like most of their games, it's a flawed gem.
Gun-play is based down into Stats like ME1 so it can be slow and clunky (Until you start putting points into weapon skills, they you turn into super-agent man.).
Stealth can be pretty unforgiving too. None of this, "Oh I think I saw something." unless you're chucking points into Stealth skills.

The strong and outstanding point in the game though is the dialogue and the choices you can make and effect. ME2 had 'You can talk your way out of fire-fights', this has 'You can talk your way out of a fight, turn them into a friend so you get a discount on gear and then they'll assist you in a mission.' Or if you didn't butter them up enough, you just get the discount. Then when you head to another area a different character will comment to disdain on how you helped this person and won't work with you unless you do some quick talking.

Anyways, it gets a 8/10. It's buggy in some parts, 360 version has pop-in textures (No whole-scene crap, just a 1 second flash). Game mechanics are fine if you aren't some sugar-rushed, impatient MW2, twitch-shooter tard.

Nollix

It got pretty shit reviews, and none of Obsidian's other games are exactly great.
KotOR 2 would've been awesome though, if it weren't rushed badly.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
It got pretty shit reviews, and none of Obsidian's other games are exactly great.
Most game reviewers are on par with sugar-rushed, impatient MW2, twitch-shooter tards (Especially when you look at their reviews. One review whines that you have to talk to people.) If it requires more than twitch-shooting, it sucks.

Foxstar

lol reggin
Well I got a open slot at Gamefly after wasting four days on the horrific JPRG Record of Agarest War, so i'll see about this.

I

Ishnuvalok

Most game reviewers are on par with sugar-rushed, impatient MW2, twitch-shooter tards (Especially when you look at their reviews. One review whines that you have to talk to people.) If it requires more than twitch-shooting, it sucks.

Most reviewers these days are complete shit. It seems they're almost all bought out by the game publishers.

System Shock 2 received a 9.0 rating from IGN. Then Modern Warfare 2 gets a 9.5

It seems that their staff has lowered and lowered their standards over the years, and gotten dumber (or replaced by people who only started playing video games on the Xbox).

The 1-10 rating system seems to work like this

1-7: BAD

7-8 : Somewhat good, enjoyable, some work needed

8-9 : Good

9-9.5 Very good

9.5-10 orgasmic.