• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.
So, I have a question for everyone out there. How many people are fans of alternate history? I've always had an interest in the genre, but my biggest inspiration has definitely got to be Harry Turtledove and his Timeline-191 series of books. It's what inspired me to create my own alternate history timeline, along with several other different miscellaneous timelines as well.

This map is the briefest summary of my main alternate history that I have.
california_republic_overview__v3__by_mobiyuz-dc8kd97.png

How many other people out there have an interest in alternate history?

S

Sagt

Meeeeeeeeee!

I've played a fuckload of Victoria 2, which is game where you control a country during the Victorian Era. Playing it, it's inevitable that you'll sway from history.

On the developers forum, there is a section for 'after action reports', where players can write about their country and roleplay it as they progress in their game; I was really into reading those. I don't really do this anymore, but I'm still very much interested in the alternative history genre of media.

(Here's a particularly impressive-looking example of an after action report, which I just found right now:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...eich-megacampaign-in-new-world-order.1022999/)

On another note, The Man in the High Castle was made into a television series a few years ago, I think. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I would like to, at some point.

Meeeeeeeeee!

I've played a fuckload of Victoria 2, which is game where you control a country during the Victorian Era. Playing it, it's inevitable that you'll sway from history.

On the developers forum, there is a section for 'after action reports', where players can write about their country and roleplay it as they progress in their game; I was really into reading those. I don't really do this anymore, but I'm still very much interested in the alternative history genre of media.

(Here's a particularly long, impressive example of an after action report:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...eich-megacampaign-in-new-world-order.1022999/)

On another note, The Man in the High Castle was made into a television series a few years ago, I think. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I would like to, at some point.
Ah, I love that game. I love making little stories in my head as I play, it's such a fun game.

S

Sagt

Ah, I love that game. I love making little stories in my head as I play, it's such a fun game.
Sure is. Too bad they never made a Vicky 3. :c

Not to derail, but by any chance have you heard of Imperator: Rome? I'm really excited; can't wait for it to be released. :x

Matt the Terrier

Swing the Mood! =3
I used to watch Alternate History Hub a bit, so I do have a passing interest in alternate History, like what if Napoleon Bonaparte never rose to power or what if we had lost the revoluntionary war.