• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Alternative species

L.Rey

Lucas, the wanderer
If you/your main sona had to be a different species, what would it be? Basically, what's your runner-up?

So I'm a grey wolf, but I considered being a goat! because Undertale I just think they're neat and funny. Is it a coincidence that I'm a Capricorn? Personally not too sure about that stuff myself, but I just think it's a funny coincidence. Even if it's just a one-off thing, I'd like to see myself as a goat someday. ^^

But enough about me, feel free to share and discuss yourselves here as well. =)

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
I'm a striped yeen primarily, and it really fits me, I think, personality and all. But I do have a secondary personal character, a nyala antelope (and I'm a capricorn too!).

This was mainly an aesthetic choice, those critters are really beautiful. Also I came to like to use this character in the context of my marriage, which is very gentle and "non-predatory" relationship, better symbolized by a pair of placid herbivores.

Also if I was into fursuits, this would be something to go for, the looks of these antelopes are quite impressive.

Chomby

I'll poke your butt.
Probably a deer. I think they're beautiful.
Mine is a bat/cat hybrid though. Lol

Punji

Vaskebjørn
River otter maybe. They're all so cute!

Actually have a character design in mind already. Never envisioned him as my sona but could work for that I guess. Dark brown fur with a lighter belly, blond hair and pretty emerald eyes, cute and happy personality. Adorable!

Last edited:

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
My runner up, and secondary fursona I've used in a few RPs is a Fossa...who goes by the name, of Fossa.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
I would most likely pick a tiger, honestly. Specifically one of those white tigers you generally see in zoos.

.....which I realize may require extra background work to address all their health defects of course.

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin
I thought of making a giant otter/Axolotl character as a fan<stuff> free version

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
Well I got 2 sonas, one a tiger shark and the other a unique reptilian.

If I were to switch things up I might go with an iguana or raptor. Got dozens of other characters thought up but none of them I would see as my sona

Balskarr

The Lurking Hooman
Well if I were to ever give up the human sona I suppose I'd go for a bear. Think it would best fit my build. Though with my height? I'd be more like a teddy bear.

neonchimera

If I wasn't a shapeshifting chimera, I'd either be an orca, a snow-clouded leopard, a serval-ocelot-caracal, or an eastern dragon.

MemphisHyena

*old vine reference here*
I did have an OC who was a canine, but and I honestly really like the idea of a cheetah. I might still make a cheetah oc at some point.