• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Alvin & the Chipmunks...

Watching Sunday morning cartoons with my little cousins and I'm realizing that this show is entirely mini-furries. Like literally, they have 5 fingers and are completely humanoid/anthropomorphic in everything they do....

sidewalksurfboard

Depressive Rat
Simon from that horrible CGI Alvin and the Chipmunks movie from 2007 was my first furry crush ever. I told people in my 2nd grade class that I liked him, and they laughed at me. Ahh, early furry childhood memories.

Kellie Gator

Moral Minority
Simon from that horrible CGI Alvin and the Chipmunks movie from 2007 was my first furry crush ever. I told people in my 2nd grade class that I liked him, and they laughed at me. Ahh, early furry childhood memories.
The fact that there are people here who saw this movie as children makes me feel old as fuck. ;w;

Also Pepé le Pew is superior.~

sidewalksurfboard

Depressive Rat
Old 2d hand drawn was way better. This cgi is weird... Sorry I didn't have a point to this post but I also didn't know where else to put it lol.

Ratical

The 80s munks (which were based on the 50s design) never looked enough like real chipmunks to me. Alvin and the Abnormally Large Gophers. I've only ever seen the first CG chipmunks movie, and I thought the designs were pretty good actually, but I can't say I got into the film.

I don't remember much from the 80s series aside from the origin story ep where we see the chipmunk's mom and bunch of other talking animals. I feel like there's so much more mythos that universe could've explored. Which is so weird considering it's a story built around sped-up pop songs.

sidewalksurfboard

Depressive Rat
I will never understand why they keep making movies for them. Is there really that big a demand for Alvin and the Chipmunks these days?
Well, the first few movies were really successful, so they gotta keep milking it.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
i'll be honest, i liked them back in the 80s. Now i resent them more than anything. How hard is it really to make a Chipmunk cover of a song anyway? Now you can do it digitally but back in the day we just held down both PLAY and FAST FORWARD buttons on our tape decks and BAM! instant 'Munk music.

Maelstrom Eyre

Ahmoua Wolf
I was a child in the 80s and had the Chipmunk Punk album (yeah, like the kind of album you play on a record player).

I found it was really weird if I set the turntable to "slow" because they had "normal" tone but it just sounded wrong. The songs on that album were all covers of popular songs of the time, so the fact that the first time I heard them was Chipmunk-version makes me think of the Chipmunks now every time I hear the real version of the song. These kids today with their digital music don't understand how much entertainment could be had by simply flipping a switch on an old turntable and turning EVERY album into a Chipmunks album.

As far as being furry. . .well, yeah, they're anthropomorphic chipmunks. Like the Shirt Tales and the Get-Along Gang and the Wuzzles and the Gummi Bears and all the other critters I grew up with on Saturday morning cartoons. The Wuzzles were hybrids before hybrids were "cool." Just sayin'

Ratical

As far as being furry. . .well, yeah, they're anthropomorphic chipmunks. Like the Shirt Tales and the Get-Along Gang and the Wuzzles and the Gummi Bears and all the other critters I grew up with on Saturday morning cartoons. The Wuzzles were hybrids before hybrids were "cool." Just sayin'

It's only a matter of times before all of them get remade in some way. Care Bears tried to have a reboot a few years ago riding on the success of MLP, but it didn't really take. I guess cute talking ponies expunging friendship = good, but when bears do it it's passe.

But with Wuzzles, who knows what'll happen.

Tiamat

Sex nuts and retard strong
Banned
Thought this was going to be about fapping.

sidewalksurfboard

Depressive Rat

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
The fact that there are people here who saw this movie as children makes me feel old as fuck. ;w;

Also Pepé le Pew is superior.~

Indeed... has to be the French accent. Because his sense of romance was rather limited. If not for his odor problem, that poor lady cat would've most likely just slapped him, called him fresh (in French), and walked away in a huff.

Filter

ɹǝʇlᴉℲ
The 80s munks (which were based on the 50s design) never looked enough like real chipmunks to me. Alvin and the Abnormally Large Gophers.

My parents had an old Christmas book which depicted them like actual chipmunks, albeit in colorful shirts. I wonder what the background story was for that.