• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Am I the only one???

Am I the only one that does this??

But like, does anyone else use there fursona as like an alternate personality?
like lets say, you, in your personal life is stressed, depressed, and just going through a hard time.
and lets say your fursona is upbeat and happy, so when your having a bad day you try and live as if you'er your fursona?

like right now, im having a bad week and im kinda just like "What would Shadow (My fursona) do??"
but yeah. anyone relate??

nerdbat

Green butt of reason
As much as I love indulging myself in fantasies, I think that's a somewhat unhealthy level of escapism. I mean, there's a difference between trying to look at things in a positive light or being influenced by your/somebody else's chars in dealing with those situations, and just pretending you're an all-around happy person without actually resolving anything to, well, be the said person.

As much as I love indulging myself in fantasies, I think that's a somewhat unhealthy level of escapism. I mean, there's a difference between trying to look at things in a positive light or being influenced by your/somebody else's chars in dealing with those situations, and just pretending you're an all-around happy person without actually resolving anything.
True, I understand your point.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

like lets say, you, in your personal life is stressed, depressed, and just going through a hard time.
and lets say your fursona is upbeat and happy, so when your having a bad day you try and live as if you'er your fursona?

like right now, im having a bad week and im kinda just like "What would Shadow (My fursona) do??"

People with multiple personalities do this without even knowing

MrrMiddyNight

Midnight

You're not alone ;) I do the exact same.
It's weird because I have only 1 piece of art of my fursonas head. But in my mind I know every little detail already and made a 'universe' around that which puts him in a position that you can compare to mine right now.

You're not alone ;) I do the exact same.
It's weird because I have only 1 piece of art of my fursonas head. But in my mind I know every little detail already and made a 'universe' around that which puts him in a position that you can compare to mine right now.
Yayaya im not alone!!. yes exactly, I cant draw my character what so ever but like in my head i knew everything. like hes almost me but hes not me, i guess a better version of me?? idk. but yes im not alone!!

MrrMiddyNight

Midnight
Yayaya im not alone!!. yes exactly, I cant draw my character what so ever but like in my head i knew everything. like hes almost me but hes not me, i guess a better version of me?? idk. but yes im not alone!!
Exactly, the me I want to be when I could be a better person, but I can't be right now, and that sucks. So that's probably why I made him.
Aaaaand because I like Felines ofcourse ;)

Khazius

The Fruit Bat
mmm I would say im in a similar boat, I dont try to be different but I feel more confident and less paranoid about being judged by others now :)
Im pretty shy usually otherwise x3

D

Deleted member 82554

In a way, yeah. I'm a lot like my fursona in the sense that when something gets a little to frustrating I just laugh and goof off about it (like my avatar). But, after the hysteria has settled I will deal with said issue accordingly, not just delve into a word of escapism and forget about it.

S

Saylor

I have to agree with @nerdbat on this one. Sure, it's okay to project yourself through your fursona, but using it as means to escape the reality of your life seems a bit unhealthy to me. We all have our own little conflicts throughout our lives as part of being human beings on this Earth, and whether you like it or not, those conflicts will stick with you where ever you go unless measures are taken to address your conflicts. I believe that one of the things that makes us stronger in our personal character is what we go through and how we address our conflicts and going into hiding behind a character or an image which you have come up with yourself really doesn't allow for any growth in personal character strength. With that said, I also feel like we all try escaping our conflicts at first to a certain point until we come full circle to arrive at a concession of what it is and what measures should be taken to address it. I know I'm speaking for myself on this one, but I have been raised from a young age to face my life conflicts as soon as they arise in order to come over them.

Sarachaga

Definitely not a lizard
A little bit of escapism isn't bad...but you need to face your problems and acknowledge their existence if you want to solve them(Anyways, that's my opinion).
My fursona is not really based on my personality. It's more like I put together some character traits that seemed to work well together.

Lexiand

Werewolf
like what sarachaga said.