• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Amazon Donations Page

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Just a notice: due to the overwhelming response by people donating the site... we've broken the Amazon donations page. Yes, that many people donated to help out. Your donations will still process, but are waiting on Amazon's systems at this point to catch up.

Wolf_Fox_Guy

Cant think up a custom title
So wait, let me get this straight. The reason the bar hasnt moved in the past 24 hours is because everyone decided to chunk all their cash in all at once. how much can amazon handle at once?

Last edited:

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
So wait, let me get this straight. The reason the bar hasnt moved in the past 24 hours is because everyone decided to chunk all their cash in all at once. how much can amazon handle at once?
There are limitations set by the system... if you read their FAQ it specifically states that the number is set and not visible to users. But if I had to wager I'd tell you that $2,000 is the magic number. :)

Drakaji

And here I was worried that everyone stopped donating, lol.
It's much more reassuring to think we overloaded Amazon than stopped.

foxystallion

Born Furry
I'm amazed that Amazon would have a book keeping bug. They have handled hundreds of my commercial transactions without any apparent glitches. If I recollect correctly, it was at $3187 before I donated, but it did not subsequently change. Anyway, I'm delighted that so many have donated so much! Please consider voluntary subscriptions for additional services - such as no flashing ads. Uggghhhhh!!!!

2ndVenus

SnakeWildlife
Hey 'neer, you should create a basic bank account, and create a paypal account on that specificly for FA donations, and make a simple webpage to "Donate here!" with, Amazon cant run around a street corner let alone their site X3 It would save you a lot of time especially with a mile long password for extra security.

Ribbonpaws

one Cookie at a time...
ahhh but.... atleast it was there, glitch or no... or i wouldnt have been able to donate....

Kilroy

Mischief Maker!
Wow, we broke it? Well, we as in those who were able to donate anyways :p

So, just out of curiosity, what is the total donations at, as of now? For both Paypal and Amazon? Unless Amazon can't even report the actual total amount to you, who owns the account?

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
So, just out of curiosity, what is the total donations at, as of now? For both Paypal and Amazon? Unless Amazon can't even report the actual total amount to you, who owns the account?
I will report that Monday. Suffice to say, donations are high. The more donations we get the more we can do for FA. :)

Kilroy

Mischief Maker!
I will report that Monday. Suffice to say, donations are high. The more donations we get the more we can do for FA. :)

Sweet! I look forward to seeing what's been received, and what will be done with it!

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
ahhh but.... atleast it was there, glitch or no... or i wouldnt have been able to donate....
You can still donate, but the payment will have to process over time. May take a day or two as opposed to being instant like the others.

Daniel Kay

Scalie love
Wow we managed to donate-crash a site, if THAT doesnt deserve a place in "crowning moments of awsome" on TV tropes

EDIT: BTW could we maybe get an update how the donations level is so far?

Last edited:

foxystallion

Born Furry
To be bluntly honest, their donation side is so horrible I could make some really embarrassing comparisons. It's... bad to say the least.

Aaahhhh! That is an example of the difference between a well run business and a poorly run charity... I'd be happy to voluntarily subscribe to an optional FA+ service where the + could be something as simple as more viewing bandwidth or even just relief from (grrrrr) flashing ads. Some of us are of an easily distractable nature.

Thanks for all your hard work. I've got a spool of bailing wire if you need it...

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk
I say we let all the admins have their three-day weekends and let Amazon pick up the pieces of the mess we left 'em. :D

Let 'em realize that furries are indeed what make the interwebs go! XD

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk

hiphopopotimus

my lyrics are bottomless
http://zme.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/my-pay-page/P2AS2N2AKBDLV4/103-2326475-1266259

Nearly seven thousand dollars??? OSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-------

And according to http://forums.furaffinity.net/showpost.php?p=466514&postcount=940 there's still more that hasn't been counted yet???

-------IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!

Dudes, you all seriously need to buy a bottle of champagne, wine, tequila, burbon, Kahlua, or something! o_O;

Whoa, furries rock! FA could host with a souped up alienware PC now!