• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Americans do what americans do best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cozmo

Freindly fire!
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,11021-10043,00.html

Im guessing you guys saw that allready , i mean they were happy that they killed what they though they killed iraqis or whatever yet disgusted when they killed their own? Twats.

Horrorshow

Built for Sin!
I guess people keep forgetting that ff is on IRL.

<:[

Hanazawa

Would Like To Play a Game
TELEFRAG'D!!

Seriously, "we are clear of friendlies" - if the "friendlies" were moving/located without confirming movement with not just US troops but any other friendly forces, they knew what risk they were running. You can't just say "they had friendly flags on them" (I'm guessing the orange stuff they're talking about) because who's to say the enemy wasn't disguising themselves? I'm not a tactician or even very knowledgable about the military but this seems like common sense to me.

edit: haha, was typing this while the vid was playing. I do really feel bad for the Americans here, it was an honest mistake.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
At least make a coherent post when you want to bash another country.

XeNoX

Litre said:
It was a mistake. :/

Stop with the American hating; Europeans make mistakes too.

You have been brainwashed by your government wi nevr maek ayn miztakes

Pomander

I see Cozmo gets his news from a highly respectable source.

So what is it those in your country of your caliber do best? Post crappy threads to furry forums, spewing ignorant, xenophobic garbage? Gee, maybe if you go HUG those you're fighting, maybe everything will be fine and they won't be inclined to shoot you first! GJ.

064_h4x.jpg

Cozmo

Pomander said:

So what is it those in your country of your caliber do best? Post crappy threads to furry forums, spewing ignorant, xenophobic garbage? Gee, maybe if you go HUG those you're fighting, maybe everything will be fine and they won't be inclined to shoot you first! GJ.

I never said my opion at all , just the genral view of it from britan. Im pro-war and at no point in my post did i do the "This is what happens from war" shit. Im just pissed that they though that "freindly" was higher in life value. I know killing is nessary in war but it shouldent be enjoyed.

Litre

A. Learn to spell.
2. Learn to punctuate and learn grammar in general.

and thusly:

C. Of course the Americans would be sad to kill a fellow Briton! Why wouldn't they? They're mourning the accidental killing of an ally. WHY WOULDN'T THEY? Shame on them!

Pomander

Cozmo said:
Pomander said:

I never said my opion at all , just the genral view of it from britan. Im pro-war and at no point in my post did i do the "This is what happens from war" shit. Im just pissed that they though that "freindly" was higher in life value. I know killing is nessary in war but it shouldent be enjoyed.

I want you to take a look at the title of your thread. Then I'd like you to tell me that UK soldiers go out onto the battlefield hating every moment of it and without ever becoming elated at the prospect of overcoming their opponents.

DarkMeW

Pomander said:
I want you to take a look at the title of your thread. Then I'd like you to tell me that UK soldiers go out onto the battlefield hating every moment of it and without ever becoming elated at the prospect of overcoming their opponents.

I guess calling them 'twats' for being discussed that they killed thier own people instead of the one they were sent there to fight isn't stating his opnion in his mind, let alone the thread's title.

Just let him think what ever, there's no point in argueing with a fool.

Seras

Um.. I am appauled at this thread... being both half british and American. We shouldn't look away nether should we draw attention to it. England and America are allies and close friends dispite the revolutionary war. What I'm saying is, don't rock the boat, cause next time you could decide to post something on a muslims, some radicist listening in would have this forums on their news and start burning flags.. like how they over reacted to those cartoons.
Please don't bad mouth others for something you know nothing about other then what the media feeds you.

E

Epsereth

DruoxTheFurrinator said:
lol...no, he lagged! LAG DAMNIT!!!!

[size=xx-small]For the sake of avoiding looking like a troll, which apparently I inadvertently do a lot, I'm going to stay out of the real topic. But ...[/size]

OLOLOLOLOLOL

wut

Hanazawa said:

Uhm...A few points here.

i) They attacked a convoy of Scimitar CVRTs/light tanks. Those are pretty much exclusively used by British armed forces. There is very little that the hostile forces in iraq would be using that would look anything like them.

ii) All military forces (especially those who fly close air support/Tank buster aircraft like the A-10) are supposed to receive target identification training. They were displaying their marker panels (the orange things they mention 5-6 times in the video/transcript) which are implicitly required to help avoid air to ground blue on blue incidents like this. Sure, they potentially COULD have been faked, but so could ANY kind of identification system. It's there to act as an extra layer of recognising friendly forces, that's all. Other forms of doing so are still more important.Which they obviously failed at (thinking they were ZIL 157s according to the transcript.)

scimitar_001.jpg

Scimitar
z157.jpg

ZIL 157

iii) The british forces were not provided with US IFF electronic recognition devices, which is likely where the whole "no friendlies in the area" came from. That, or it was yet another in a series of miscommunicational misunderstandings.

iv) Not having a positive ID on your target means you don't engage. It's one of the most basic rules to follow if you are in a situation where you are not under direct fire. Even the A-10 Pilot operational procedures makes this clear.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/docs/11oa10v3.pdf said:
*6.5.3.3. Pilots will not expend ordnance if any doubt exists as to the ground personnel or intended target locations.

They still did not have a positive ID when they went on their second run.

v) The British troops' calls for ceasefire were ignored/not heard after the first pass until during/after the second attack run.

vi) potential MAJOR communication issues between the FACs and pilots. The FAC (Manilla Hotel) may have been thinking they were engaging the vehicles in the "revetts" as opposed to the convoy.

1343.13 MANILA HOTEL:

POPOV 36 from MANILA HOTEL, guns . . .

1343.17 MANILA HOTEL:

To engage those targets in the revetts (slopes).

Which came after the first attack run.

Not that I particularly blame the pilots completely. They were obviously distraught over it. It's a large fault of communication breakdown between the FACs and the pilots. The whole thing is a huge mess.

they were happy that they killed what they though they killed iraqis or whatever yet disgusted when they killed their own?
One tends to feel more remorse for killing a comrade than someone on the other side. Especially in something that relies on comradery as the military. Be surprised as you want, it's the truth.

ps: The video probably needs IE.

Hanazawa

haha well I stand corrected then :B

like I said, I'm kind of dumb about this stuff :V

I still feel bad for both the Americans and the Brits, honestly, it's pretty obvious the Americans didn't do it on purpose...

imnohbody

The video was doctored to hide that it wasn't accidental, but that American soldiers are a bunch of kill-happy bloodthirsty maniacs with no regard for anything but death and destruction while engaging against the Righteous Fighters looking to drive the infidels out.

(And if anyone thinks I'm being serious, above, get your sarcasm detecter retuned. :p )

Also, color me unsurprised at the contents of the original post, after reading its subject line. :roll:

sasaki

Hanazawa said:
imnohbody said:
(And if anyone thinks I'm being serious, above, get your sarcasm detecter retuned. :p )

Be more over the top, sarcasm is easier detected when you're obviously out of proportion. ;)

Are you implying that his sarcastic statement is partially true? Who's side are you on! D:

Hanazawa

sasaki said:
Hanazawa said:
imnohbody said:

Be more over the top, sarcasm is easier detected when you're obviously out of proportion. ;)

Are you implying that his sarcastic statement is partially true? Who's side are you on! D:

If he hadn't said he was being sarcastic I would have been going "DOCTORED VIDEOS WHAT WHAT WHERE" :<

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
I honesty thought this was going to be about a stupid lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.