• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Sai_Wolf

My feelings toward this game:

NOPE

Oh god. I love and yet hate this game on so many levels.

It's a bit too easy at times, the puzzles aren't that challenging from a technical standpoint.

But they don't need to be.

The sheer WTF factor of this game more than makes up for it. From creeping monsters around corners, to your fucking SANITY killing you, you don't have time to focus properly on the puzzles.

Anyone else played this game and has an opinion on it?

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
My computer trolled the shit out of me. Won't run the game. Any other game will run fine with my graphics card (except for like, super heavy-duty ones but whatever) but Amnesia? NOPE.

Vibgyor

WORK NOT DONE
My computer trolled the shit out of me. Won't run the game. Any other game will run fine with my graphics card (except for like, super heavy-duty ones but whatever) but Amnesia? NOPE.

My situation is the same. I have the demo, but every time I try to run it, the game crashes. I want to play Amnesia so bad. :[

Bliss

The scariest game of all time. That's my opinion.
Had to keep lights on and listen to the developers' commentary to get forward. :C

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I loved that game. Specially with surround sound. Very scary

It's a pretty scary game and i give it props for the fact that it managed to give me creepy crawlies when the cockroaches crawl on the screen, and i'm the guy who lets spiders crawl on him. The torture chamber level is going to haunt my dreams

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
I heard this is a great game to play if you smoke herb or drink alcohol :3

Flatline

Professional Lurker
I heard this is a great game to play if you smoke herb or drink alcohol :3

It's a great game even if you aren't under the influence of something...

Last edited:

Volkodav

Dad****er
I've never played it, never want to, but someone I knew used ot play it and IDFK how he did
I saw fan-art of one of the monsters from it and I've been scared for days :( sighhh

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I saw fan-art of one of the monsters from it and I've been scared for days :( sighhh
If a fanart scares you you should most definitely play the game. you'll propably shit yourself on couple occasions.
TRY IT!!

Flatline

Professional Lurker
If a fanart scares you you should most definitely play the game. you'll propably shit yourself on couple occasions.
TRY IT!!

I dunno, Grunts look a bit funny up close...

amnesia-dd-3.jpg

moriko

I have the demo and can only play the game in short spurts. I also spazz when getting chased by things in games like this so I end up forgetting about what I'm supposed to do or where I'm supposed to go for moments at a time. Usually ends in my demise. :(

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Crashed on me and I didn't want to redo the beginning. :\

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
Trying it on a new computer.

Guess what?

IT HERPS.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
YES! Got it to work on an older computer of mine.

Best moment: "Vaccinated blood sample, vaccinated blood sample. Where the ever-loving fudge am I supposed to get one of-"
*mouses over needle in inventory*
"Oh."

White text for spoilers kinda:

Shortly thereafter unfortunately was a part where I got pissed off because Y U KEEP TRYING TO GO THROUGH SKULL!? JUST STICK IT IN HIS FUCKING CHEST DAMN YOU!

Still don't see why I couldn't have jabbed the needle through his ruddy heart, but I figured it out. Also I'm pretty sure my character has superaids now. I mean... the dude was dead for a fucking day.I'm pretty sure nasty shit starts growing in blood before then... never mind the clots. Oh god the clots. ;.;

CannotWait

I haven't played it because my computers were never intended to play games on, but I watched a good deal of the walkthrough videos on YouTube by TheRadBrad.

TheRadBrad is hilarious, if you get the time then watch one of his walkthroughs. You will laugh or I will [information withheld to prevent abuse].

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..
Now that I have a new system it's a game that's on my list to get. Sometimes I get insomnia and I need something to do. :p

Flatline

Professional Lurker