• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

K

Kurama0900

I swear to God, I think I just heard something groaning...

...Oh, fuck... ;_;

Grimfang

So, overall, I hear this game is supposed to be pretty scary. I could barely get into Doom 3, before stopping. Maybe I should give this one a try, hah.

RedFoxTwo

Sarcastic Lurker
:<

Screw Amnesia

F***ING BUY THIS.

If you are going to get Amnesia, I would put in a recommendation for it: It's just so slick and original. Personally as far as Frictional Games goes, I'm more of a Penumbra fanboy because I love the setting so much. I don't have time for traditional fantasy game setting like in Amnesia, but it seems like they've done the same as Penumbra but a lot more polished.

Last edited:

NCollieboy

[Æ’cÆ’c] Sexy Fiberbomb
Dead Space is more "survival horror" mixed with some rpg elements that making it so fucking good. Is it the scariest game ever? No, But its pretty damn creepy.
/end incoming flame-war

I enjoyed playing Amnesia and was freaked out at certain moments, but It just got soooo boring after awhile.

Kesteh

Twenty
Dead space: You get a gun and have a strong sense of security. You can fight very effectively.
Amnesia: You get a lantern, tinderboxes, light, and darkness. You can't fight.

Iudicium_86

Just another artist
Dead space: You get a gun and have a strong sense of security. You can fight very effectively.
Amnesia: You get a lantern, tinderboxes, light, and darkness. You can't fight.

Survival Horror these days somehow means Action Adventure with some jumps here and there. Dead Space has it's eeriness. but it takes the DOOM3 approach of being a 'bad-ass' against things trying to kill you. As with true survival horror, you're supposed to be as vulnerable and weak as possible. In addition, the best horror elements leave much to your own imagination instead of displaying everything for you.

RedFoxTwo

Sarcastic Lurker
Hey hey hey! I know Dead Space isn't scary! I didn't say at any point while suggesting it that Dead Space is scarier then Amnesia. I've played both.

Of course Amnesia is scarier! Frictional games are the Stephen Kings of the gaming world. Besides, these are the same people who did Penumbra, which was a fucking masterpiece.

I'm just saying that Dead Space 2 looks fucking awesome as well.