• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

an higher volume?

well as i listen to music and when i get in an really good mood ill listen to it in highest volume and put my headphones on for more higher volume
a min or tow im allready hearing it as it is in normal volume or a little high
is there an way to make the volume go even higher and higher?
an program or something?

That's seriously not good for your hearing.

I KnOw but i like it xD
i remember when my hearing was that bad that when iput high volume its normal to me but not to others xD

there is a reason why the volume goes so high

cause if goes higher it WILL DAMAGE YOUR HEARING

unless when your 40 you want to reget every day for the rest of your life why you were so stupid as a teenager, turn the volume down

also, your ears adapt. If you listen to softer music, your ears get more sensitive or something and they pick up the sound a bit better, and if you listen to loud music, your ears again adapt and the music appears softer then what it is, so you keep turning it up farther and farther until you start damaging your hearing.

harry2110

Gaming Lynx
why would you want to listen to music that loud it decreases the quality and the life of the headphone

Grimfang

There is a reason you become used to the volume, even at ridiculous levels. Yours ears adjust, all the same when it's all quiet and you're listening to something low-volume. Have you ever listened to a song quietly, late at night, trying not to wake anyone up? And after a couple minutes, it seems like the song is louder than it should be, and you turn it down and down...?

Blasting music is great, but I'd suggest only doing this for a song or two...
If you don't feel like blowing your head off with decibels, then it's not so bad on occasion.

I'm not sure if you're joking about this, but I suppose there are worse things you could do, heheh. :)

Tudd

My ears... The sound of over-compressed seether is killing them...

Disturbed and In Flames earns you points though. :p

On a serious note: There are two things that you can do to help preserve your hearing. One being buying quality speakers (and amplifiers). And the most obvious one... Turn it down. If your speakers are distorting... thats BAD despite what most people tend to think. :rolleyes:

Now that last statement might make you think I'm full of shit but, it's a fact wether you like it or not! Most people will actually ENJOY audible distortion in the bass frequencies and mistake it for "quality" bass. Due to this the thought of "let's turn it up!" comes to mind and the clueless "audiophile" will actually damage the speaker as well as their hearing just to simply get more of that "amazing" distorted sound. :grin:

Quality equipment isn't nearly as expensive as you'd think and you've already got good music covered. :p

Last edited:

eternal_flare

voice of guilmon!
and u wont belive this
i made an music cd whit 112 songs
ill listen to it when someone else is on the computer
ill put the cd in the dvd player and plug the headphones in the tv and listen
LOUD!
xD

DragonTrew

It will damage your hearing and stuff... I said that and don't take any responsibility for what may happen to you...

Buy a compressor, set it to a good ratio of compression then put the volume compensation about the same as the compression reduction to compensate. Done, you have a FLAT sound (almost no dynamics) and really loud (because of the lack of the dynamics). Also buy some decent headphones, AKG usually are good choices.

Tudd

DragonTrew,
For a second there I actually thought you were serious about the compressor. XD That would have been deadly for his hearing.

Sennheiser also makes some decent cans. I would recommend Grado, but they're based in NY so the overseas import may be a little expensive.

Dragon-Commando

Razor, a living wrecking ball!
If you want music to sound good, as everyone else is telling you, get a good set of speakers and an amp.

I use a set of sharp speakers on a logitech amp, the amp is the model that came out just before the latest one, and you can still get them if you look hard enough.

If you don't crank the volume you get realy nice sound, and it even works well with virtual surround.

One other thing you should do is get someone to tune your equilizer, or if you have a good ear, you can do it yourself. But for someone like you, I wouldent recommend doing it yourself.

As everyone else keeps telling you, clean sound is better than big sound.

I listen to music as low as possible because I like it clean and clear, and because of this, I can hear things other people around me can't. I'm not joking here, I can hear the buzz from my TV, or the clicking from the gears in a clock from across the room. Fluorescent lights make me mental, because I can hear them humming all the time.

DragonTrew

DragonTrew,
For a second there I actually thought you were serious about the compressor. XD That would have been deadly for his hearing.

Sennheiser also makes some decent cans. I would recommend Grado, but they're based in NY so the overseas import may be a little expensive.

Hehehe yeah, I was quite serious at the time I wrote that :p I even forgot to mention the best brands of compressors: dbx, Neve (if you can afford to have an Neve, congratulations you have balls and lots of money), bss, etc etc... But then I realized, it's almost like putting a ton of TNT on a child hands :D It would be fun though *tum tum pa* "my ears! They hurt so much my god!! ahhhhhhhh"

Bad English, sorry! ;)

Tudd

If you want music to sound good, as everyone else is telling you, get a good set of speakers and an amp.

I use a set of sharp speakers on a logitech amp, the amp is the model that came out just before the latest one, and you can still get them if you look hard enough.

If you don't crank the volume you get realy nice sound, and it even works well with virtual surround.

One other thing you should do is get someone to tune your equilizer, or if you have a good ear, you can do it yourself. But for someone like you, I wouldent recommend doing it yourself.

As everyone else keeps telling you, clean sound is better than big sound.

I listen to music as low as possible because I like it clean and clear, and because of this, I can hear things other people around me can't. I'm not joking here, I can hear the buzz from my TV, or the clicking from the gears in a clock from across the room. Fluorescent lights make me mental, because I can hear them humming all the time.

All really good advice. One thing I can't get past is living in the city yet you listen to music at low levels. How does the noise of the city not drive you insane? :p

As for the buzz: That's how I know if someone left the TV on when I'm leaving the house. No need to go check if I can't hear the buzz, it's off. The cable box is always off, but never the TV itself. :rolleyes:

The absolute worst part about being sensitive to small minute sounds is if you need silence to study or work. I find I drive everyone mad demanding silence when I need to work, and when it's party time, cause others to come running to me telling me to turn it down.

As an "experiment" per say, I built a subwoofer which at full tilt would rumble my neighbours houses. Fun times. :grin: Note: At those frequencies, it takes much more SPL to damage your ears. I personally would not push it past 110 dBC at 12.5 Hz only for a couple of seconds. It really worked great to impress people as their pants were flapping about as were the walls. :grin:

Hehehe yeah, I was quite serious at the time I wrote that :p I even forgot to mention the best brands of compressors: dbx, Neve (if you can afford to have an Neve, congratulations you have balls and lots of money), bss, etc etc... But then I realized, it's almost like putting a ton of TNT on a child hands :D It would be fun though *tum tum pa* "my ears! They hurt so much my god!! ahhhhhhhh"

Bad English, sorry! ;)

The fun that can be had with sound. :grin: I could talk audio all day but sadly, this is not the place for it. :(

Edit: I nearly forgot! Do yourself a favour and get high quality recordings while you're at it. It really makes all the difference.

Last edited:
oh lol
i better put the volumes down a bit then -.-
heh im getting to know more awesome kickass bands!
i like Evergreen Terrace and the song Tonight Is The Night We Ride - Evergreen Terrace that song i LOVE JUST LOVE to listen in high volume! it gets my moood soooooo high up and makes me in an very happy mood!

DragonTrew

All really good advice. One thing I can't get past is living in the city yet you listen to music at low levels. How does the noise of the city not drive you insane? :p

As for the buzz: That's how I know if someone left the TV on when I'm leaving the house. No need to go check if I can't hear the buzz, it's off. The cable box is always off, but never the TV itself. :rolleyes:

The absolute worst part about being sensitive to small minute sounds is if you need silence to study or work. I find I drive everyone mad demanding silence when I need to work, and when it's party time, cause others to come running to me telling me to turn it down.

As an "experiment" per say, I built a subwoofer which at full tilt would rumble my neighbours houses. Fun times. :grin: Note: At those frequencies, it takes much more SPL to damage your ears. I personally would not push it past 110 dBC at 12.5 Hz only for a couple of seconds. It really worked great to impress people as their pants were flapping about as were the walls. :grin:

The fun that can be had with sound. :grin: I could talk audio all day but sadly, this is not the place for it. :(

Edit: I nearly forgot! Do yourself a favour and get high quality recordings while you're at it. It really makes all the difference.

Hahah totally, I barely can stand my modem buzzing when I go to bed... Besides that I usually study wile listening music so no big deal there (helps me get more concentrated)

As about your experiment, damn boy! 12.5Hz 110db that must be killing fun! I love low frequencies (as a guitar/bass/drum player I must like it after all :p)

And yeah, audio IS fun... I could talk to you about it all day long as well if this was the place... :(

Tudd

Hahah totally, I barely can stand my modem buzzing when I go to bed... Besides that I usually study wile listening music so no big deal there (helps me get more concentrated)

As about your experiment, damn boy! 12.5Hz 110db that must be killing fun! I love low frequencies (as a guitar/bass/drum player I must like it after all :p)

And yeah, audio IS fun... I could talk to you about it all day long as well if this was the place... :(

Luck you, being able to listen to music and study. ;)

What's awesome is 12.5 Hz is almost 2 octaves below the lowest fundamental of a 4-string bass. :)

Are there any audio forums you frequent that you could recommend?

As for attempting to stay on topic heres a thread summary: If you want your music louder, buy better speakers. If need some help, just ask for it. Just don't buy Bose and rave about it to me. :)

Last edited:

DragonTrew

Luck you, being able to listen to music and study. ;)

What's awesome is 12.5 Hz is almost 2 octaves below the lowest fundamental of a 4-string bass. :)

Are there any audio forums you frequent that you could recommend?

As for attempting to stay on topic heres a thread summary: If you want your music louder, buy better speakers. If need some help, just ask for it. Just don't buy Bose and rave about it to me. :)

I don't frequent forums at all... but i can start a thread here about digital audio if you wish...

To the topic author: got what you wanted? I really can't think on a better way to get any louder...