• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Android vs iOS

What platform do you run?

• Total voters

Blu-wolf

Blu-ray howl!
Android all the way. I just upgraded my S5 to marshmallow and as long as Samsung and Verizon keep releasing updates I don't see any reason to upgrade. I still have the replaceable battery and microSD card options. Drag and drop with Windows, no extra software needed to transfer files, what's not to love? Will never touch an iPhone and the Windows Phone is dead in the water. Microsoft even admitted that recently.

Yakamaru

Yee to the haw
Android because I am not interested in a closed system.

Also customization.

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
Apparently Android does this very silly thing where it puts most apps into a kind of sleep mode when the phone is very still for a little while. It took me six months of randomly not getting notifications to figure this out.

Why, Android? Surely there are more intuitive and transparent ways to save power?

_Hushy

Android, so I can torrent and freely Bluetooth stuff and plug my microUSB drive into it that didn't cost hundreds of dollars and develop apps more easily.

I had a Sony, was great, bought another Sony, also good, thought everyone seems to love Samsung I'll give it a go. Big mistake :/ mainly premature lag, non intuitive ui and it generally doesn't do what you expect.. Adaptive charger bs died pretty quick too.

Anyone used the note 4 for art? Maybe I'll like this phone a little more soon..

Gotta love this screen for movies but.

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
Never had anything but problems using Apple devices (of any kind). The biggest thing I love about Android devices is that many of them actually grant you access to the battery so, if one is about to shit the bed, you can just buy a new one and slot it in for ~$35. Try doing that with an iPhone.

AJ3035

Wolfy Dude
I've had both and I must say I prefer IOS. It's fast, simple, and Imessage is a beautiful thing

However, I do love having full control of my phone on Android.

metallic_canine

Weary Traveler
I see a lot of iOS hate here, but I'm standing by my iPhone 6S. Very hard to hack, beautiful UI, a trustworthy App Store, good camera, and it's fast. Most of the items in that list can't be said about Android phones :p (now, granted, I respect Samsung too. The S-series phones are very nice.)

Yakamaru

Yee to the haw
Never had anything but problems using Apple devices (of any kind). The biggest thing I love about Android devices is that many of them actually grant you access to the battery so, if one is about to shit the bed, you can just buy a new one and slot it in for ~$35. Try doing that with an iPhone.
Apple? Customization/replacing parts? The hell is this HERESY? Gotta buy a new one for $300-500 mate. That's how Apple rolls(in their own narcissism), mate. :p

@metallic_canine: iOS itself is a decent/good platform, and so are a decent amount of Apple products. However, how Apple goes around doing things is not acceptable by a lot of people, as they seem to be disgusted by their own userbase. Friend of mine working in Apple a couple of years ago were told repeatedly to learn to hate and be disgusted by Norwegian consumer laws. And guess what, those laws prevent Apple from being cunts, which I am glad for. He ended up quitting 6 months later, as Apple did things that he genuinely did not want to be part of.

metallic_canine

Weary Traveler
Hmm, that's disappointing. I've never officially worked for Apple so I can't say much in that regard. That's too bad though, I'm all for ethical business practices.

Protonite

Imagine the possibilities.
I like both, as both have advantages and disadvantages. Android is really nice because of how much you can customize and change things, although iOS seems to be a bit more stable and faster overall.

Bcakert

Even if many people are disappointed with the iPhone.but i am still using it for 5 years , becases the iPhone 's Security mechanisms.It's a great help to my work as i can backup a lot of important data or files on the cloud lock, as well as i can restore back some lost data from "Recently deleted " in a easy way ,
For my life , i am using Android (8.0) , by the way , the phone sync process can be easy to do ,

Last edited:

Goldenqilin

Secretly a Junes employee
I think it really depends on the individual. Both are fine choices; I've owned both. If you like customization and lots of apps (Emulators, mmm), then Android is great. If you want a simpler phone, apple phones are great. Of course, prices vary widely (Apple products cost an arm and a leg), but ultimately, the individual can spend whatever they want because it's their phone. If they want to spend like $1000 on the newest iphone, more power to em.

I currently have an iPhone SE. It's a pretty good phone and I haven't had any problems with it so far. My next purchase will probably be an LG or Samsung phone, though :)

Hakserk

Android and iPhone , both are fine choices , for me , i using iPhone for my work , and the Android phone for my life , They all work , here what's more that you can sync info or data from Android to iPhone ......
There's no need to compare, depending on your hobbies, or your income.

Last edited:
S

Sealab

Android since I know Java fairly well and will write an app if I need one.

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
Oh, this thread is back! I'll just kick in to remind everone that Android is great

I prefer iOS because I have never owned a android since I was a kid, and now here am i I'm now a iOS developer and cydia dev, but I might get a android phone (maybe)

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
Windows Phone all the way.

iOS is way too restrictive, and I genuinely think the main screen tiles look crap. You also have to sell your soul to Apple, via iTunes.

Android is a virus ridden hellhole with an unintuitive interface. The first time I picked up an Android phone, it took me a while to figure out what the hell was happening on screen and the settings made no sense.

Pox upon both.

Hara Surya

Writer of Furry Smut
Windows Phone all the way.

iOS is way too restrictive, and I genuinely think the main screen tiles look crap. You also have to sell your soul to Apple, via iTunes.

Android is a virus ridden hellhole with an unintuitive interface. The first time I picked up an Android phone, it took me a while to figure out what the hell was happening on screen and the settings made no sense.

Pox upon both.

You realize Microsoft abandoned Windows Phone about 18 months ago and is focusing on Android as its preferred platform for phone development.

echo the dog

i use ios more than i have used android because one ios has more space constant updates for years the iPhone 5 just stopped updating at ios 10 and we are on ios 12 androids are also more prone to fail while you are using it five minutes after you put it to charge you go and pick it up to a green screen it has happened to me the worst with my iPhone was cracking it now windows I don't want to have to go that far

rekcerW

i fucking love google. they are like literally the best thing ever; volley, room, fcm, firebase auth, livedata, material design, sooo many fucking amazing frameworks, apis and content. they make development so easy. apple will always continue to blow chunks.