• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Andromedan Orbiting Operations Center (and offworld adventures)

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
((So, the essence of this thread is as follows: Basically, Mambi's party thread got overwhelmed by an ongoing cosmic horror story, so we were asked to separate the bulk of it out from everything else. The "headquarters" for the off-world mission operation is the starship Teutonic, which initiated its mission as a starship separate from the party building. The ship has a few of its own facilities, a state-of-the-art infirmary being the big one given how much of the cosmic horror happened in the infirmary at the party.))

((The connection to the party thread is why this will remain named the Andromedan center, even if increasingly fewer events are happening anywhere in Andromeda.))

((Others are welcome to view the action, interact with the shipmates, play as crewmates other than the captain - most of the crew are rabbit folk, so keep that in mind - or possibly get involved in missions... but most of this will be off-ship stuff. The starship itself is open-access unless the below notes say so, but the offworld adventures may be restricted.))

CURRENT STATUS OF TEUTONIC:
Landed on the planet Formosa, in need of repairs. Crew providing aid to remaining Formosa citizens.

CURRENT OFFWORLD ADVENTURES:
Formosan Relief Effort
(open access)
Mysterious Planet (restricted access, ask Fluff.Boat for permission)
Palace of Thulcan-7 (open access)

((Below is the original starting branch point for this whole thing.))

"Captain Taonoui, we have an incoming message."

On the large starship, several rabbits of varying coloration monitored a large computer bank. One of them called out to a larger female green rabbit, dressed in military attire. The green rabbit approached the screen.

"Hmmm... a message that the High Imperator, Architects, several celestial dragons, and a number of other beings are trying to address cosmic horrors using a party near the Andromedan system as their base of operations. And apparently they're causing too many disruptions and scaring the guests in the process?"

"Affirmative, Captain."

"Techs, please attempt to beam them on board. They should have a proper base for these things."

The guests in question feel a pull towards the ship... with a few exceptions.

"Captain, several of them can't be reached at present. Celestial dragons Universe (@Universe ) and Aeternus, Universe's AI companion Alpha, dragon Oliver Blackshale, and High Imperator Ahrakas (@Baron Tredegar ) are not currently at the party space."

"Patch me in to their live feeds, we'll keep an eye on them."

((For Baron's benefit, I am going to establish that Taonoui is in fact a Temporal Lord... I just haven't established from where.))

Last edited:

Firuthi Dragovic

Establishing last known live feeds...
"While we're waiting for Universe to come back from wherever he teleported this time..."

Oliver pondered for a second.

"There a scanner on this vessel that could give us a clue what that sleeping dragon is?"
*I glowed brighter* “I am not going to help you GET OUT OF MY HEAD”
As you close the portals on him he tried one last trick to reassert power.
It's useless. I told you... I can read your every thought. Now... let me read your mind. No... perhaps I should say your past. You look on Furaffinity forums, yes? You like the roleplay subsection? "Party at Mambis Realm specifically?"
I... I cant read any further! I AM TOO WEAK!

Ahrakas began firing his disrupter rifle at him as Psycho Mantis began losing control, his grip on Universe broke. The portals closed and he gave a final shriek of agony as he fell to the ground.
Ahrakas breathed a sigh of relief.
I dont really have any idea what that guy was talking about, he did dredge up some very unpleasant memories I have tried to keep repressed though. Lets find out what are on these computers and see what him and Nataraja were so adamant on hiding.
"Yeah... you and me both on the unpleasant memories. Once we're done here, we're going to want to suspend any further planet-hopping as I plan to meditate and see if I can't ascertain the identity of whoever sent him...."

Aeternus sighed.

"....if this is related to the burning eye guy, we have major issues. You'd been at the party longer than me... do you know any good meditation spots?"

He then addressed Universe.

"As for you, nephew... you may not want to charge into situations unannounced any more. Whoever our big attacker is has still not gotten over their desire to control you, and it's likely they'd try to put new bloodlust in you to replace whatever Zadkiel helped you purge. Also... I get the feeling you bailed on someone to try and save us."
You were all able to get a good look at the control room for the first time. Rows of computer desks lined the room and a central command console stood at the center. A massive window was at the end of the room and it gave a perfect view of Formosa. The observatory might be a good place to meditate. Ahrakas began walking over to the central console and began looking through it.
Disable planetary hologram? He stared in curiosity at the prompt on the computer and cautiously pressed it. Suddenly the image of Flauros shimmered away an instead of the image of a clean and pristine world being displayed, only a charred out husk of a burning and dying world remained.
Somehow, Aeternus knew this was the only way it could be for Formosa. A pyromaniac like Flauros? Nataraja claiming that the space station was a front? And then what they just fought? There was no way Formosa could be anything but a ruined realm.

"Find out the final moments of this realm or any weapons that could have spread this much destruction, if any of the consoles have that information."

He then sent a telepathic message to Solaris and the Architects.

"I bring... terrible news. Formosa is little more than a destroyed husk. And... someone was waiting for us. Beings we had thought we killed, fourteen thousand and ninety six realities ago, in that reality without guardians. Psycho Mantis was the one we fought... we may see Vulcan Raven and Shagohod again. Solaris... it seems we are going to get dragged into a war again. We need to keep innocents out of it. I will be meditating in the observatory when this is over... I will let you know if I find out anything."

----------------------------------

As might be expected of little kids, the Architects collapsed into tears the moment Aeternus' message reached them.

"We're too late again..."

"....curse Flauros and curse whoever puppeteered him!"
Ahrakas tapped at the computer, I find no record of its final moments, however there appears to still be a population of 2,000 still living there. It seems that Shagohod and the "hellfire bomb" did this. I cant find any more info, the files have been wiped.
You suddenly heard a ragged breath in the back of the room.
To get to Shagohods underground maintenance base... you have to go through that hidden door. There's a hidden door behind the bookcase.
You turned around and found a barely living Psycho Mantis propped up in the corner. A pool of blood surrounded him.
I can read people's minds. In my lifetime I have read the pasts, presents, and futures of thousands upon thousands of men and women.
He tore his gasmask off to reveal a badly burned and disfigured face.
And each mind that I peered into was stuffed with the same single object of obsession. That selfish and atavistic desire to pass on one's seed... it was enough to make me sick. Every living thing in these realities exists to mindlessly pass on their DNA. We're designed that way. And that's why there is war. But you... you are different... You're the same as us. We have no past, no future. We live in the moment. That's our only purpose. Humans weren't designed to bring each other happiness. From the moment we're thrown into this world, we're fated to bring each other nothing but pain and misery. The first person who's mind I dove into was my father's. I saw nothing but disgust and hatred for me in his heart. My mother died in childbirth... and he despised me for it... I thought my father was going to kill me.
That's when my future disappeared. I lost my past as well. When I came to, the village was engulfed in flames...
Aeternus needed a moment to process what Psycho Mantis was saying. Procreation as the whole basis for war? He had to set the record straight.

"You've... managed to catch a dragon god off guard. You managed to make me look like a weakling. That is a rare thing in and of itself. You underestimate the reason why there is war, however. It has nothing to do with DNA and everything to do with dominance. So many things in these realities believe they must be above everything else. And when they are above... they insist on making sure no one can threaten that position. It takes many millennia to realize that true power only comes from forgetting such a petty game, from not worrying about being on top and just worrying about being - and most beings don't have that kind of time. I've had to be retaught the lesson more than once, and surely there will come a time where I have to learn it again. Without a true past and future, such moments can be perceived and attained."

Aeternus took a deep breath.

"Your comments about DNA fail to take into account this goes exactly the same for sterile beings. We see it with artificial intelligences, with magical constructs... it doesn't matter whether they can be on top, they feel they must. We have been trying, endlessly, to find a way to beat that. The Architects have tried billions of times, and they may have to try billions more before they can successfully remove that desire for dominance without also removing everything that makes a being functional. They generally get two or three beings a cycle who can truly pull it off. They've questioned the duty many times... but this time, after witnessing someone they thought was ideal become the ultimate example of an obsession with dominance? They may have learned why it must be that way. Not constantly pushing to achieve that serenity in a reality... may make their chances at serenity essentially unattainable. Once the grip of dominance gets a hold, it's extremely difficult to remove."

Aeternus narrowed his eyes.

"Your father saw your mother as his ticket to power. That he thought of you as robbing that ticket from him... you chose the path that meant not sacrificing your life, the power you did have. The recovery from those moments is lengthy and many beings never accomplish it, an early trauma like that consuming who they are. We are trying to pick up the pieces from that kind of thing happening to a being with power, who chose to pursue dominance even when he had everything. Such an event caused everyone else to suffer, whether they realize it or not."

Hopefully that put this whole issue to rest.
*I sighed and shivered* “that was weird I also don’t like having people poking through my mind without permission”

Firuthi Dragovic

On the Formosan space station...
*I sighed and shivered* “that was weird I also don’t like having people poking through my mind without permission”
((Aeternus)) "Nor do I, nephew. I'm honestly impressed someone even got in to my mind."

Last edited:

Firuthi Dragovic

“Where’s Oliver” *I asked before passing out*
Aeternus glanced to Ahrakas.

"Universe has a real habit of passing out like this. We have to work on that. Also... did you feel something trying to pull at us?"

Ahrakas would get a message on his communicator.

High Imperator Ahrakas, this is Captain Taonoui of the star cruiser Teutonic. We are following up on a signal from a party in the Andromeda sector and currently note your position in the Formosa region. We're trying to keep innocents out of the crossfire at that party, so we're trying to get the Architects and the celestial dragons from that party onto this ship. What is your status?

"Universe, let me see if I can reach out to Oliver...."

-----------------------

On the Universe-7...

"Alpha, are you feeling a strange... Alpha, can you detect Universe's presence with the ship sensors? Aeternus is telling me Universe is in trouble, I think he needs to be beamed back aboard this ship."

Last edited:

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore
Establishing last known live feeds...
Psycho Mantis sighs and puts his mask back on.
Other people's thoughts force their way into my mind. Before I die... I want to be by myself. I want to be left alone in my own world. I'll open the door for you.
He weakly waves his hand and a hidden entrance reveals itself.
If you want to find your future, go through that door. This is the first time I've ever used my power to help someone. It's strange... it feels... kind of... nice.
You heard his breathing stop. He was dead and at peace.
“Where’s Oliver” *I asked before passing out*

"Universe has a real habit of passing out like this. We have to work on that. Also... did you feel something trying to pull at us?"

High Imperator Ahrakas, this is Captain Taonoui of the star cruiser Teutonic. We are following up on a signal from a party in the Andromeda sector and currently note your position in the Formosa region. We're trying to keep innocents out of the crossfire at that party, so we're trying to get the Architects and the celestial dragons from that party onto this ship. What is your status?

-----------------------

On the Universe-7...

"Alpha, are you feeling a strange... Alpha, can you detect Universe's presence with the ship sensors? Aeternus is telling me Universe is in trouble, I think he needs to be beamed back aboard this ship
Ahrakas rushed over to Universe. I have a solution. He pulled out a flask from his belt. I always carry an emergency stash of pure Romulan Ale. He popped the cap and poured it down Universes throat. This should wake him.
He looked down at his beeping pad.
Our status is good for now. We need emergency relief aid to Formosa ASAP.

Firuthi Dragovic

Ahrakas rushed over to Universe. I have a solution. He pulled out a flask from his belt. I always carry an emergency stash of pure Romulan Ale. He popped the cap and poured it down Universes throat. This should wake him.
The response came back through the communicator.

"Formosa? We've heard some... horrible things regarding what happened under Flauros' reign. You can fill us all in on what you've learned later, High Imperator, we're on our way."

There was a slight pause on the communicator.

"Although with that much flame... it may take time to find the ones who need aid. Beginning our search. If you find them before we do, please transmit their location."
Other people's thoughts force their way into my mind. Before I die... I want to be by myself. I want to be left alone in my own world. I'll open the door for you.
If you want to find your future, go through that door. This is the first time I've ever used my power to help someone. It's strange... it feels... kind of... nice.
Aeternus looked Ahrakas' way.

"It's hard having mindlinks and psychic powers. It takes celestial dragons many centuries to learn how to shut them out."

Aeternus snorted.

"We should probably go through that door once Universe either comes to or is beamed back on his ship. The remaining people of Formosa will still be in danger if Shagohod isn't taken care of."

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe

*I woke up sputtering* “yuck”

Firuthi Dragovic

"Nephew, we really have to work on your stamina. You're passing out a lot for a god."

Aeternus glanced to the opened hidden passage.

"Oliver is apparently outside the known universe. If you want him here... let's make sure we have full atmosphere first. He's not one of us - I don't know if he can even do the portal thing."

Universe

"Nephew, we really have to work on your stamina. You're passing out a lot for a god."

"Oliver is apparently outside the known universe. If you want him here... let's make sure we have full atmosphere first. He's not one of us - I don't know if he can even do the portal thing."
“My stamina is fine I just haven’t gotten much sleep”

Firuthi Dragovic

((This is all from the party thread to provide context for this post.))

From the infirmary portal, a green rabbit in military attire emerged.

"Greetings, is this the party where the signal came from?"

The rabbit staff looked at each other. The shorter one asked, "And you would be?"

"The name's Taonoui. There were some party guests getting into cosmic issues and it was causing a disruption, to the point where someone sent a distress signal. So I responded to bring these beings on board our ship and stop scaring the party guests."

The short staff rabbit asked, "Who were the guests in question?"

"Five otters and at least three celestial dragon gods. They're to get on the ship pronto. I've also set up a communicator in case there's any messages for them or several other individuals, including one Ahrakas."

"Hear that, brothers and sisters? We need to take our business to the ship."

"I thought we kids might have been overdoing it."

"At least we have a playspace now."

"We had one, this place just isn't meant to take us."

"Solaris, I believe Taonoui wants you and the other dragon gods to take our meetings to the ship as well. Come on."

The otters followed through the portal.

"Allow me to leave one message for the host. Host Mambi and AI assistant Aurora, I hope leaving a communicator as a party listening device is not going to be a problem. If it is, I'd like to arrange another method for the High Imperator and these kids and the dragons to receive messages while they're away on business. I'm leaving a comm code with your staff if there are any questions."

The green rabbit pushed a piece of paper into the shorter rabbit staff member's hand and without waiting for a response, disappeared through the portal.
Meanwhile, on the Teutonic...

The five otters emerged from the portal into a meeting room.

"Yeah, things are getting intense."

"Probably should be keeping the locals out of some of our business."

"We have a hideout now, let's put it to use."

"It could use a few amenities..."

"Let's not worry about that right now."

"Remember, we still have those five prophecies before things really can get going."

"Which five?"

"You mean like the windstorm the orange-red fox will eventually report on? I'm wondering what we'll learn that the locals already know."

"And how Dad's eventually getting his brain scan done at that party, at which point we need to tell Universe and let them have another heart-to-heart."

"We'll have to go back to the party at some point for their dance competition."

"There was also someone there who will think they're possessed and just turn out to be astrally projecting."

"And Ahrakas' capture of two Convergence-aligned Temporal Lords. One of us will have to go back to the party briefly to handle matters related to that. And possibly relieve someone of their duty."

"And once all that happens, the pool at that party space will have some answers for us if we meditate in it."

"So now we know the score. Let's wait for the others."

The otters eagerly watched to see if Solaris (@Universe ) and the other dragon gods followed through the same portal.

Last edited:

Firuthi Dragovic

*Solaris and his two brothers followed by Sol Nebula and Kronos and a new dark blue and green dragon named Neptune*
"Looks like we're all here."

"Yeah, what we get into tends to scare other beings at times."

"We can strategize and work towards protecting reality to our heart's content up here."

"Say, who's-"

“hello I am Neptune celestial god of the sea”
"God of the... oh! Greetings, Neptune."

"Right, our pairings! Creation and Destruction, Life and Death, Mischief and Knowledge, Gates and Magic, Sea and Land, Truth and Echoes."

"Or rather, Truth and our substitute for Echoes. That guy will be around eventually."

"Glad to have you in our circle, Neptune."

Universe

-----------------------

On the Universe-7...

"Alpha, are you feeling a strange... Alpha, can you detect Universe's presence with the ship sensors? Aeternus is telling me Universe is in trouble, I think he needs to be beamed back aboard this ship."
“negative he’s fine but I’m locking onto his coordinates now”

Last edited:

Universe

"Looks like we're all here."

"Yeah, what we get into tends to scare other beings at times."

"We can strategize and work towards protecting reality to our heart's content up here."

"Say, who's-"

"God of the... oh! Greetings, Neptune."

"Right, our pairings! Creation and Destruction, Life and Death, Mischief and Knowledge, Gates and Magic, Sea and Land, Truth and Echoes."

"Or rather, Truth and our substitute for Echoes. That guy will be around eventually."

"Glad to have you in our circle, Neptune."
“glad to be here greetings fair king” “Neptune we’ve talked about this”

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore
The response came back through the communicator.

"Formosa? We've heard some... horrible things regarding what happened under Flauros' reign. You can fill us all in on what you've learned later, High Imperator, we're on our way."

There was a slight pause on the communicator.

"Although with that much flame... it may take time to find the ones who need aid. Beginning our search. If you find them before we do, please transmit their location."

Aeternus looked Ahrakas' way.

"It's hard having mindlinks and psychic powers. It takes celestial dragons many centuries to learn how to shut them out."

Aeternus snorted.

"We should probably go through that door once Universe either comes to or is beamed back on his ship. The remaining people of Formosa will still be in danger if Shagohod isn't taken care of."

“My stamina is fine I just haven’t gotten much sleep”
Universe, you should probably get to the space station and get some rest, youve been through a lot. You think you can still open portals?

Ahrakas walked over to where the body of Psycho Mantis laid. I would say its a good thing hes dead. The information he got from our minds would have been highly dangerous. I still have no clue why he was blabbering about computers and "furaffinities".
Aeternus, you ready to stop this Shagohod and its Hellfire bomb?

Universe

Universe, you should probably get to the space station and get some rest, youve been through a lot. You think you can still open portals?

Ahrakas walked over to where the body of Psycho Mantis laid. I would say its a good thing hes dead. The information he got from our minds would have been highly dangerous. I still have no clue why he was blabbering about computers and "furaffinities".
“I think so”

Firuthi Dragovic

"Ready as I'll ever be. I had heard nonsense like what he was spewing before, but the exact ramblings were a new one."

Aeternus looked at Universe.

"I have to agree with the High Imperator. You've been through so much. You should go back to either your own ship, or go to the Teutonic where there's a bunch of other dragons gathering, and sleep it off a while."

Aeternus leaned in a bit closer.

"Is something going on outside the known universe? I'm trying to figure out why Oliver is there of all places."

Universe

"Ready as I'll ever be. I had heard nonsense like what he was spewing before, but the exact ramblings were a new one."

Aeternus looked at Universe.

"I have to agree with the High Imperator. You've been through so much. You should go back to either your own ship, or go to the Teutonic where there's a bunch of other dragons gathering, and sleep it off a while."

Aeternus leaned in a bit closer.

"Is something going on outside the known universe? I'm trying to figure out why Oliver is there of all places."
“Kronos is getting his energy drained saw a giant sleeping dragon”

Firuthi Dragovic

“Kronos is getting his energy drained saw a giant sleeping dragon”
"WELL. That... ummm... yeah, definitely go deal with that."

Aeternus looked to Ahrakas.

"I stick with you on the Shagohod mission, but having the god of time get drained is very bad. Universe actually needs to deal with that."

Aeternus turned back to Universe.

"I think the Architects might be on the Teutonic right now - think one of them would be able to help you out?"

Firuthi Dragovic

“Ow my back” *I yelped as I opened a portal to the satellite and crawled through*
On the Teutonic...

The arrival on the satellite ship caught a bunch of the rabbit crew off guard. "An injured dragon?!?"

"Relax, people... it's just Universe. Dragons, please assist, even if it's just Sol shining."

Pavlin immediately went to heal Universe's body with his sun energy.

"Universe... please fill us in on what's going on."

"And do you know where Oliver went? Something bad may happen to him soon unless we address it."
--------------------------------
On the Universe-7....

"Nothing about this sleeping dragon, Alpha?"

Oliver pondered the giant beast. Mainly focusing on how something that big could just sleep without air. Was this another celestial?

He could almost feel an element coming to him. He twitched a bit.

"Alpha... my body feels strangely tingly...."

It was a case of some kind of overload, that much a casual scan could reveal.

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore
"WELL. That... ummm... yeah, definitely go deal with that."

Aeternus looked to Ahrakas.

"I stick with you on the Shagohod mission, but having the god of time get drained is very bad. Universe actually needs to deal with that."

Aeternus turned back to Universe.

"I think the Architects might be on the Teutonic right now - think one of them would be able to help you out?"
Together the both of you head down the corridor until you come across a massive loading bay. In its center was a modified Shagohod, it had been upgraded with a vacuum seal and jet engines for space travel. Sitting in open gunnery turrent next to the anti aircraft gun was a figure Aeternus recognized as Vulcan Raven. He haad a hologram of a figure before him. The figure was wearing pure black eastern style armor with massive horns curving down from his helmet. He was giving orders to Vulcan Raven.
Psycho Mantis has been killed. I need you to start the space stations self destruct sequence. Then I need you to take Shagohod to Formosa, use its Hellfire compliment to destroy what remains, there can be no witnesses remaining. We got what we needed from there.
I have already evacuated myself from the planet, after you are done rendezvous with me and Lucifer at Project Lazarus.
His image shimmered away only for Vulcan Raven to see the two of you.

!

Firuthi Dragovic

Together the both of you head down the corridor until you come across a massive loading bay. In its center was a modified Shagohod, it had been upgraded with a vacuum seal and jet engines for space travel. Sitting in open gunnery turrent next to the anti aircraft gun was a figure Aeternus recognized as Vulcan Raven. He haad a hologram of a figure before him. The figure was wearing pure black eastern style armor with massive horns curving down from his helmet. He was giving orders to Vulcan Raven.
Psycho Mantis has been killed. I need you to start the space stations self destruct sequence. Then I need you to take Shagohod to Formosa, use its Hellfire compliment to destroy what remains, there can be no witnesses remaining. We got what we needed from there.
I have already evacuated myself from the planet, after you are done rendezvous with me and Lucifer at Project Lazarus.
His image shimmered away only for Vulcan Raven to see the two of you.

!
Aeternus sent a telepathic message to Ahrakas.

"Looks like we made the right choice. Armored guy must have been Khamul. If you know anything about this Project Lazarus already, I'm interested in listening - I don't think I'll be in the mood for interrogation here. His throwing arm is more of a danger than his gunplay, but taking cover might not help against the guns."

He sent a second message to Solaris and the Architects.

"It appears Lucifer lives. Project Lazarus, do any of you know about it?"

Aeternus then addressed Vulcan Raven.

"Remember me? You should. Even if I got vengeance last time, I'm still quite mad about you killing the God of Vigilance. He was like a father to me. By the way, you're too late on leaving no witnesses - we transmitted distress messages about Formosa the instant we found out what happened, and I just sent word to my allies about Project Lazarus. With your telepath gone, you have no possibility of stopping us from uncovering and stopping you and your master's scheme."

Aeternus snorted, setting up one of his mini-portals to use as a shield and putting a second one above Vulcan Raven.

"The Wheel will continue to turn. Glory to the Architects."
--------------------
On the Teutonic....

"....why... that son of a...."

"Project Lazarus?!? Ship captain, we need Hortense and Hayagriva on board, stat!"

"If you can't find a Hortense, pull Ah-Muzen-Cab!"

"They were paying more attention during that briefing than we were!"

"Solaris, Oliver needs to be pulled here, RIGHT NOW! His planet's in immediate danger! Captain, whatever mission Universe was on, I need you to spare two crewmates to substitute for Oliver."

Captain Taonoui shook her head. "Not crewmates. There were two twins who worked with the Corsair fleet out in Rukbat. First Mate, send a message, tell them their commission has been reactivated."