• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Andromedan Orbiting Operations Center (and offworld adventures)

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
"I'm hoping so too."

The ship got close enough to land. Oliver glanced outside.

"One more spell before we go in."

Oliver focused again. This time, his energy coalesced into four small platform-like objects. He put two of them on his feet, and they molded themselves to match his foot pattern.

"Magic footwear. All that metal looks sharp, with the sheer amount of evil I don't want to risk cuts."

He guided the other two platforms to Cerebrus's feet, then stepped on to the planet.
Oliver set foot on the metal planet. Almost immediately, he and Cerebrus could tell that the mechanical "life"forms were in fact sentries. They didn't look the part, of course - they looked like what passed for wildlife on a planet like this.

The ship's cloaking field had bought them time, but it wasn't going to be long before they were observed. They had to move fast.

Oliver scanned the horizon for any abnormalities in the terrain.

"We don't want that obvious hole over there. They'll know we're coming through that one. I... I think some parts of this metal are unusually soft and can be dug through, but we need the right spot for it. No good spots close to us for that."

Firuthi Dragovic

Ahrakas composed himself, and made himself look a bit more regal. He addressed the mako. Lead on friend.
"Cooper, you coming with?"

"Yeah.... I'll be able to hold up, until I can figure out the thing. I could feel Pavlin's despair... whatever started to emerge from him... I'm worried that all of us have something similar, waiting for a moment of hopelessness."

"This is why we stick together. None of us have to feel that lost."

The mako shark led Ahrakas, the otters, the two rabbits, and possibly Universe to a bus. As everyone boarded, the shark sat in the driver's seat, started the bus, and began the trip up to Stallion's Mount.

"The name's Valentin Zambrano, and I'm going to be the one filling you in today on what's going on around Thulcan-7. So, uh... so far, things have been going well with Dural in charge of the planet. He brought around a couple other Lords... a lot of us were not happy to see Hortense again, but Dural insisted that him and the zebra bringing her around was a form of rehab for her. Given our efforts to rehab those who worked under the Webbed One, his story checked out. That and the fact that Hortense wore one of the bracelets for parts of the time she was here."

Most of the bus was empty, but there were two other passengers... a well-built brown rat, and a scrawny purple rat that could very likely have been the first rat's son. Both of them wore steel bracelets studded with glowing quartz.

"The bracelets, same type as those ones Seth and Xavier back there are wearing, are meant to stop magical overload. We don't fully understand why, but most of this planet's population can't handle magical energy. If they get infused forcibly, they overload and can cause serious problems for people around them before expiring. If we get a bracelet on the suffering individual in time, we can stop the overload and heal their body so they can handle the magic. We've been seeking a permanent end to the problem for a while... and it was one of the first things we wanted to know from the time stream, but Dural said he didn't see a fast answer. Apparently his dimension-hopping didn't yield anything yet either."

The bus took a slow turn. There wasn't much traffic for this time of day.

"The bracelets and one spell in circulation are the last anti-magic we have. There... one of the relics of the old civilization was anti-magic weaponry. Lots of it... thanks to what we've learned from your call and Dural's recent escapades, we've determined that the stuff was designed specifically to stop the Architects' armies. We largely banned its use a while ago though, because of what happened when the Essenceborn got exposed to it. You familiar with mustard gas? Yeah, apparently anti-magic has the exact same effects on Essenceborn. We didn't want them developing an equivalent to use on the Beastbloods, so we stopped its use after the first incident. Hortense said wearing the bracelet was torment... and having worn them before and knowing the feeling of being cut off from an integral part of me, for once I agree with her."

The group could see a very smoky hammerhead shark following the bus around. It occurred to them that this hammerhead had been here the whole time... and the astute could put together that it was Valentin's Chorus.

"There's a lot of news Dural brought, but I'd like to know what you want to hear of it. I... kind of drifted off on a tangent when discussing Dural's recent adventures."

Last edited:

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
"Cooper, you coming with?"

"Yeah.... I'll be able to hold up, until I can figure out the thing. I could feel Pavlin's despair... whatever started to emerge from him... I'm worried that all of us have something similar, waiting for a moment of hopelessness."

"This is why we stick together. None of us have to feel that lost."

The mako shark led Ahrakas, the otters, the two rabbits, and possibly Universe to a bus. As everyone boarded, the shark sat in the driver's seat, started the bus, and began the trip up to Stallion's Mount.

"The name's Valentin Zambrano, and I'm going to be the one filling you in today on what's going on around Thulcan-7. So, uh... so far, things have been going well with Dural in charge of the planet. He brought around a couple other Lords... a lot of us were not happy to see Hortense again, but Dural insisted that him and the zebra bringing her around was a form of rehab for her. Given our efforts to rehab those who worked under the Webbed One, his story checked out. That and the fact that Hortense wore one of the bracelets for parts of the time she was here."

Most of the bus was empty, but there were two other passengers... a well-built brown rat, and a scrawny purple rat that could very likely have been the first rat's son. Both of them wore steel bracelets studded with glowing quartz.

"The bracelets, same type as those ones Seth and Xavier back there are wearing, are meant to stop magical overload. We don't fully understand why, but most of this planet's population can't handle magical energy. If they get infused forcibly, they overload and can cause serious problems for people around them before expiring. If we get a bracelet on the suffering individual in time, we can stop the overload and heal their body so they can handle the magic. We've been seeking a permanent end to the problem for a while... and it was one of the first things we wanted to know from the time stream, but Dural said he didn't see a fast answer. Apparently his dimension-hopping didn't yield anything yet either."

The bus took a slow turn. There wasn't much traffic for this time of day.

"The bracelets and one spell in circulation are the last anti-magic we have. There... one of the relics of the old civilization was anti-magic weaponry. Lots of it... thanks to what we've learned from your call and Dural's recent escapades, we've determined that the stuff was designed specifically to stop the Architects' armies. We largely banned its use a while ago though, because of what happened when the Essenceborn got exposed to it. You familiar with mustard gas? Yeah, apparently anti-magic has the exact same effects on Essenceborn. We didn't want them developing an equivalent to use on the Beastbloods, so we stopped its use after the first incident. Hortense said wearing the bracelet was torment... and having worn them before and knowing the feeling of being cut off from an integral part of me, for once I agree with her."

The group could see a very smoky hammerhead shark following the bus around. It occurred to them that this hammerhead had been here the whole time... and the astute could put together that it was Valentin's Chorus.

"There's a lot of news Dural brought, but I'd like to know what you want to hear of it. I... kind of drifted off on a tangent when discussing Dural's recent adventures."
*I looked sad for reasons only Cooper knew about*

Universe

Im sorry, I was just doing what I thought was right at the time.

Ahrakas stood in shock, They all live? My father died for nothing? We thought they were all dead, I had always suspected a few might have escaped, but this changes so many things.
Suddenly he saw Pavlin grab the gun. He breathed a sigh of relief when Universe appeared.

Ahrakas hugged Pavlin and held him tight.
Dont blame yourself, I feel it was everyone's fault. Things just spiraled out of control. I say we go see Horus, he is the only one who may have insight into everything. These memories have manifested something in Pavlin, we need to get to the bottom of it.
“I forgive you let’s just put the past behind us and not make the same mistake”

Universe

Oliver set foot on the metal planet. Almost immediately, he and Cerebrus could tell that the mechanical "life"forms were in fact sentries. They didn't look the part, of course - they looked like what passed for wildlife on a planet like this.

The ship's cloaking field had bought them time, but it wasn't going to be long before they were observed. They had to move fast.

Oliver scanned the horizon for any abnormalities in the terrain.

"We don't want that obvious hole over there. They'll know we're coming through that one. I... I think some parts of this metal are unusually soft and can be dug through, but we need the right spot for it. No good spots close to us for that."
Cerebrus:”How about over there?” *He points three feet away*

Firuthi Dragovic

Cerebrus:”How about over there?” *He points three feet away*
"Hmmmm... we're too close to the local fauna."

Oliver surveyed the spot Cerebrus pointed out. It actually looked like a softer metal. He ran his fingers along the backs of his hands - Cerebrus could easily ascertain this was a magical claw-sharpening ritual, or perhaps a claw extension one.

"Got a distraction? The ground looks good to dig in but I'll need a bit of time."

Universe

"Hmmmm... we're too close to the local fauna."

Oliver surveyed the spot Cerebrus pointed out. It actually looked like a softer metal. He ran his fingers along the backs of his hands - Cerebrus could easily ascertain this was a magical claw-sharpening ritual, or perhaps a claw extension one.

"Got a distraction? The ground looks good to dig in but I'll need a bit of time."
Cerebrus:”I’ve got just the thing” *He threw a bomb into the hole which exploded*

Firuthi Dragovic

Cerebrus:”I’ve got just the thing” *He threw a bomb into the hole which exploded*
The explosion drew the attention of a lot of the wild"life".

Oliver set to digging immediately. Astral claws surrounded his real claws, cleaving through the softer metal.

He got down one foot. Two feet. He very easily burrowed a total of fifteen feet before the digging stopped.

"We have something."

About twenty feet below the area where Oliver was digging, there was a walkway without rails. In fact, there were many walkways spiraling around. As well, there were massive amounts of moving gears and machinery. No sign of sentries or wild"life" for the moment.

"One misstep could grind us. Be careful."

Firuthi Dragovic

At the dragons' hideout on Formosa....

"So, it seems the cat's been let out of the bag, to use the phrases from this reality. About the kids' nature, and about why we have to police ourselves so much."

Aeternus looked at Solaris.

"Solaris... we will want to take a more direct role in nurturing the five kids whenever they show up. We tried last time but something got in the way. And I think it might have led to how this all turned out."

Aeternus then looked around for Nydos.

"Nydos, I got torn up trying to fight on that space station. It seems I'm way out of shape if a simple contraption can cause me so much grief. Perhaps it's time I got a workout."
Back on Formosa.....

"Nydos, there's a good chance I'll be dragged into another battle before the mess caused by Lucifer is fully cleaned up."

Aeternus looked at Nydos.

"What do you say? Sparring? Or perhaps we train my reflexes?"

Universe

Back on Formosa.....

"Nydos, there's a good chance I'll be dragged into another battle before the mess caused by Lucifer is fully cleaned up."

Aeternus looked at Nydos.

"What do you say? Sparring? Or perhaps we train my reflexes?"
“I thought you’d never ask” *He says grinning*

Universe

((@Baron Tredegar don't forget the other story thread involving Radio's master and Zadkiel, that hasn't advanced since page 4. @The.Fluff.Boat.RP Baron was on vacation for a while, that's why there were no advances there.))

-----------------------------------

At the dragons' hideout on Formosa....

"So, it seems the cat's been let out of the bag, to use the phrases from this reality. About the kids' nature, and about why we have to police ourselves so much."

Aeternus looked at Solaris.

"Solaris... we will want to take a more direct role in nurturing the five kids whenever they show up. We tried last time but something got in the way. And I think it might have led to how this all turned out."

Aeternus then looked around for Nydos.

"Nydos, I got torn up trying to fight on that space station. It seems I'm way out of shape if a simple contraption can cause me so much grief. Perhaps it's time I got a workout."
“I think Firuthi’s doing a better job then we ever have Marendar let his anger run away from him and he regretted it until the day Lucifer killed him”

Firuthi Dragovic

“I think Firuthi’s doing a better job then we ever have Marendar let his anger run away from him and he regretted it until the day Lucifer killed him”
"Do you want to tell the kids about it? About Marendar's regrets? I thought I heard one of them accusing you..."
“I thought you’d never ask” *He says grinning*
Aeternus faced Nydos.

"So, for all the time I've had to do it... I must admit I'm behind most of the other dragon gods given I've only got maybe three fighting styles to work from. All of them relying on striking from behind cover. Let's... let's work on one where I'm caught in the open."

As the first strike of the sparring session, Aeternus tried a punch. His behind-barrier instinct was still in full-force, though, and it was a... very overextended blow.

Universe

"Do you want to tell the kids about it? About Marendar's regrets? I thought I heard one of them accusing you..."

Aeternus faced Nydos.

"So, for all the time I've had to do it... I must admit I'm behind most of the other dragon gods given I've only got maybe three fighting styles to work from. All of them relying on striking from behind cover. Let's... let's work on one where I'm caught in the open."

As the first strike of the sparring session, Aeternus tried a punch. His behind-barrier instinct was still in full-force, though, and it was a... very overextended blow.
*Nydos punches Aeternus right in the snout* “you left yourself wide open there”

Universe

Aeternus faced Nydos.

“might as well they were his last words ‘tell the kids I’m sorry’”

Firuthi Dragovic

*Nydos punches Aeternus right in the snout* “you left yourself wide open there”
Aeternus reeled from Nydos' punch.

"Owww...."

Wide open? How wide open could he possibly be?

Aeternus tried a tail strike. Once again, though, the very nature of the blow appeared to imply that it was meant to be about striking from cover.

Nydos could very, VERY easily get the impression that full-on sparring was probably too advanced for now - and that Aeternus needed full-on training in basic fighting skill without cover. Embarrassing? This WAS a god used to barriers and gates, to having lots of defensive options available already... so maybe not embarrassing for him, but embarrassment to the pantheon for sure.

Firuthi Dragovic

“Cooper I have something I want you to know Marendar regretted what he did to you up to the day Lucifer killed him Marendar wanted you to know that he’s sorry”
Back on the bus on Thulcan-7....

"He... did? He... thank you for acknowledging what happened... it may not mean a lot since we're in a new cycle and can move forward now... but thanks anyway....."

After finishing the telepathic conversation, Cooper finally got the courage to address the other otters and Ahrakas.

"Ahrakas... what I remembered that left me out of recalling the rebellion and war... it was the way Marendar, the celestial dragon that raised us last cycle, treated us. For the whole cycle, we had some serious trauma regarding the celestials that we needed to overcome, that may have tainted every interaction and led to Pavlin's behavior as Aten.... because Marendar was abusive towards us. To the point where ordinary citizens smuggled us out from his house and hid us with another dragon entirely. I learned from Solaris.... that Marendar regretted what he did to us, up until he died at Lucifer's hands. Solaris sent me Marendar's last apology."

Cooper wept. He wasn't on the verge of manifesting the way Pavlin had been moments before, but he did look visibly hurt.

"Universe... how well do you remember Marendar....?"

Last edited:

Universe

Back on the bus on Thulcan-7....

"He... did? He... thank you for acknowledging what happened... it may not mean a lot since we're in a new cycle and can move forward now... but thanks anyway....."

After finishing the telepathic conversation, Cooper finally got the courage to address the other otters and Ahrakas.

"Ahrakas... what I remembered that left me out of recalling the rebellion and war... it was the way Marendar, the celestial dragon that raised us last cycle, treated us. For the whole cycle, we had some serious trauma regarding the celestials that we needed to overcome, that may have tainted every interaction and led to Pavlin's behavior as Aten.... because Marendar was abusive towards us. To the point where ordinary citizens smuggled us out from his house and hid us with another dragon entirely. I learned from Solaris.... that Marendar regretted what he did to us, up until he died at Lucifer's hands. Solaris sent me Marendar's last apology."

Cooper wept. He wasn't on the verge of manifesting the way Pavlin had been moments before, but he did look visibly hurt.

"Universe... how well do you remember Marendar....?"
“I don’t really remember him as well as I would like but what I do remember is that he was nice but he looked like he was guilty of something” *I looked heartbroken* “we all do things we’re not proud of the best thing is forgive ourselves and move on or try to make amends I’m sorry for all of this I never got to know my grandparents my grandfather is smack in the middle of the eternal wheel my grandmother well you know what happened”

Last edited:

Universe

Aeternus reeled from Nydos' punch.

"Owww...."

Wide open? How wide open could he possibly be?

Aeternus tried a tail strike. Once again, though, the very nature of the blow appeared to imply that it was meant to be about striking from cover.

Nydos could very, VERY easily get the impression that full-on sparring was probably too advanced for now - and that Aeternus needed full-on training in basic fighting skill without cover. Embarrassing? This WAS a god used to barriers and gates, to having lots of defensive options available already... so maybe not embarrassing for him, but embarrassment to the pantheon for sure.
*Nydos hits him over the head not full strength*

Firuthi Dragovic

Cerebrus:”I’m aware of that”
Oliver, and presumably Cerebrus, slowly made their way along the walkways of the clockwork planet.

Oliver was feeling where to go based on the source of the evil energy. Even with the protective astral globules, it felt more uncomfortable the deeper they went in. The din grew louder, the machinery more imposing.

Given that it was two gods traveling, it actually didn't take all that long for the duo to get to the source of the evil - a giant mechanical device, shaped a little like a heart. In its core was a large clock, and the clock had three hands. The hour hand was a twisted and rusted piece of iron. The minute hand, a pristine shimmering steel. The second hand was a lance, rimmed with a plasma cutter and equipped with beam projection devices around the edges, that looked like it came out of last reality. A fluid pumped through the heart.... dragon essence.

"If we can unmake enough of the evil energy, we can take the lance... at which point the whole planet falls apart."

Suddenly, a large clanging resounded through the planet. A pile of loose gears fell near the two gods, which assembled themselves into sixteen creatures. Eight lesser soldiers, two horse knights, two mockeries of holy men, two giant-sized men, a tiger man with a mockery of shamanistic trappings, and a massive clockwork dragon. On the giant platform, the clockwork army was on one side, and the two gods were on the other, right in front of the mechanical heart.

"Well, here come the guardians. I'm sure you can tell the holy men and the tiger man have elemental power and I think the dragon is powering all the rest. Hang on... I know this formation. What do you think happens when the lesser soldiers reach the heart?"

Firuthi Dragovic

*Nydos hits him over the head not full strength*
Aeternus was already growing frustrated. He couldn't even seem to make contact with Nydos.

It was time for the one element of surprise he had. If this didn't even land a single blow, he was going to have to undergo full training instead of simple sparring.

He adjusted his feet to get the best grip possible... and lunged at Nydos, claws swinging wildly. While still meant for working from cover, and extremely reckless, this was the one decent direct fighting move he had.

Nydos would notice that Aeternus had capped his claws before this match. Instead of leaving wounds, they'd leave a mystical chalk-like spot if they landed. Painful, but completely non-injurious. This was actually a fairly common celestial dragon practice in times when sparring and duels were called for.

Universe

Oliver, and presumably Cerebrus, slowly made their way along the walkways of the clockwork planet.

Oliver was feeling where to go based on the source of the evil energy. Even with the protective astral globules, it felt more uncomfortable the deeper they went in. The din grew louder, the machinery more imposing.

Given that it was two gods traveling, it actually didn't take all that long for the duo to get to the source of the evil - a giant mechanical device, shaped a little like a heart. In its core was a large clock, and the clock had three hands. The hour hand was a twisted and rusted piece of iron. The minute hand, a pristine shimmering steel. The second hand was a lance, rimmed with a plasma cutter and equipped with beam projection devices around the edges, that looked like it came out of last reality. A fluid pumped through the heart.... dragon essence.

"If we can unmake enough of the evil energy, we can take the lance... at which point the whole planet falls apart."

Suddenly, a large clanging resounded through the planet. A pile of loose gears fell near the two gods, which assembled themselves into sixteen creatures. Eight lesser soldiers, two horse knights, two mockeries of holy men, two giant-sized men, a tiger man with a mockery of shamanistic trappings, and a massive clockwork dragon. On the giant platform, the clockwork army was on one side, and the two gods were on the other, right in front of the mechanical heart.

"Well, here come the guardians. I'm sure you can tell the holy men and the tiger man have elemental power and I think the dragon is powering all the rest. Hang on... I know this formation. What do you think happens when the lesser soldiers reach the heart?"
Cerebrus:”You don’t want to know”

Universe

Aeternus was already growing frustrated. He couldn't even seem to make contact with Nydos.

It was time for the one element of surprise he had. If this didn't even land a single blow, he was going to have to undergo full training instead of simple sparring.

He adjusted his feet to get the best grip possible... and lunged at Nydos, claws swinging wildly. While still meant for working from cover, and extremely reckless, this was the one decent direct fighting move he had.

Nydos would notice that Aeternus had capped his claws before this match. Instead of leaving wounds, they'd leave a mystical chalk-like spot if they landed. Painful, but completely non-injurious. This was actually a fairly common celestial dragon practice in times when sparring and duels were called for.
*Nydos dodges it* “STOP THINKING”