• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Andromedan Orbiting Operations Center (and offworld adventures)

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
"Yes. Because that is all you have left at that point. With nothing to push against, you basically have to will yourself to travel the nothingness until you find a solid space."

Lorik paused.

"Mercifully, our rebuilds have gotten to the point where that phase isn't long at all. Now... the fun part. When you find a solid space.... there comes the task of manifesting a physical body. Most beings don't have that capability either, but you and I do."

Lorik held up a block of wood.

"I want you to focus on this block. Imagine its weight in your hands, the feel of its surface, the angles... learning how to manifest small objects by will alone is often the first step to knowing how to manifest a full body, and I want to see where we need to start from."
*I created an solid mahogany wooden block with small effort*

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
*I created an solid mahogany wooden block with small effort*
"Well. We can skip a lot of the early lessons on magic and creation, that's for sure. I think that's the fastest I've seen someone grasp the idea of low-level creation power."

Lorik thought for a second.

"Let's deal with one of the other tricks. Getting a feel for the astral body. Any being with a strong astral self can actually make that astral body jump out of their real one. Let's see if you can do this without an explanation first. There's a chalice of water behind me. Try to imagine your body grabbing that chalice and, without me seeing it in front of me here, dumping the chalice's contents down my shirt."

Universe

"Well. We can skip a lot of the early lessons on magic and creation, that's for sure. I think that's the fastest I've seen someone grasp the idea of low-level creation power."

Lorik thought for a second.

"Let's deal with one of the other tricks. Getting a feel for the astral body. Any being with a strong astral self can actually make that astral body jump out of their real one. Let's see if you can do this without an explanation first. There's a chalice of water behind me. Try to imagine your body grabbing that chalice and, without me seeing it in front of me here, dumping the chalice's contents down my shirt."
*I did just that*

Firuthi Dragovic

*I did just that*
“Wait a minute are you trying to get me to become a bully?”
"No. I know it looks like I asked you to prank me... the five of us are the only ones you do that around. You'll discover far better uses for these talents, I'm sure."

Lorik shuddered as the cold water ran under his clothes.

"Though we might be skipping right to advanced lessons, I think. What Baramos and Estark said of your past.... we usually have to teach this stuff, but it's clear these early parts are just innate for someone like you. We'd need a real field test to see if you're ready.... and I know a few places like that, we'd just need time to prepare safety measures before actually advancing the training."

Universe

"No. I know it looks like I asked you to prank me... the five of us are the only ones you do that around. You'll discover far better uses for these talents, I'm sure."

Lorik shuddered as the cold water ran under his clothes.

"Though we might be skipping right to advanced lessons, I think. What Baramos and Estark said of your past.... we usually have to teach this stuff, but it's clear these early parts are just innate for someone like you. We'd need a real field test to see if you're ready.... and I know a few places like that, we'd just need time to prepare safety measures before actually advancing the training."
“Ok please don’t ask me to kill anyone.”

Firuthi Dragovic

“Ok please don’t ask me to kill anyone.”
"That got sinister fast."

Lorik sighed.

"Look, what I had in mind was void survival training. Get to an area with your thoughts alone, learn how to jump astrally from pillar to pillar.... if you can do it without instruction and not stumble when the course is changed, you're ready to survive the space between reality cycles. But the void is not a safe place - not even the controlled void we have, at the bottom of the Ancients' Well in the Vib Gyor realm. We usually don't bring someone there without extensive training beforehand in manifestation and astral projection."

Universe

"That got sinister fast."

Lorik sighed.

"Look, what I had in mind was void survival training. Get to an area with your thoughts alone, learn how to jump astrally from pillar to pillar.... if you can do it without instruction and not stumble when the course is changed, you're ready to survive the space between reality cycles. But the void is not a safe place - not even the controlled void we have, at the bottom of the Ancients' Well in the Vib Gyor realm. We usually don't bring someone there without extensive training beforehand in manifestation and astral projection."
“Ok that’s a relief”

Firuthi Dragovic

“Ok that’s a relief”
"I will say that even someone with your talent is going to want to train their astral body before going into the void survival zone. I'm admittedly not sure where to start when you're already this far ahead though."

Firuthi Dragovic

*I yawned exhausted*
"You also need plenty of stamina to get through a void survival session. And... we do this stuff when you have the luxury of being well-rested."

Lorik glanced over his shoulder.

"Estark still needs a while, anyway."

Firuthi Dragovic

*I passed out again*
“Thank you”
*I snored loudly*
Lorik continued to work healing magic on Universe.

--------------------------

Back in the real world.....

Firuthi mentally addressed Solaris.

"Well, I did focus on each of the kids.... they're fine right now. Since I was bored I asked Cooper about the origins of the celestial dragons. I.... must confess I have to re-ask that question of him when the unbinding is done, because he claims that the celestial dragons were intended to be servitors and that there were multiple attempts at creating the species. He also claims the reality dragons were the result of an early attempt at celestials."

Firuthi hesitated.

"He also claims there used to be a species called the protostar dragons that was the result of an attempt at making the celestials going wrong in every possible way. The kids have referenced the protostars before, claiming they were extremely nasty beings...."

Last edited:

Universe

Lorik continued to work healing magic on Universe.

--------------------------

Back in the real world.....

Firuthi mentally addressed Solaris.

"Well, I did focus on each of the kids.... they're fine right now. Since I was bored I asked Cooper about the origins of the celestial dragons. I.... must confess I have to re-ask that question of him when the unbinding is done, because he claims that the celestial dragons were intended to be servitors and that there were multiple attempts at creating the species. He also claims the reality dragons were the result of an early attempt at celestials."

Firuthi hesitated.

"He also claims there used to be a species called the protostar dragons that was the result of an attempt at making the celestials going wrong in every possible way. The kids have referenced the protostars before, claiming they were extremely nasty beings...."
“Ohhhh they were didn’t listen to me whatsoever reality dragons existed long before me”

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
The Duke laughed to himself.
The greatest enemy the Twelve Divines have conquered is death itself. They rose from beyond once and they WILL rise from it again.

Firuthi Dragovic

"What was the most difficult entity or entities they have ever had to fight? I get the impression they are like gods to you, I think we can all afford to know one really good tale to inspire everyone who's about to take the field. This is the final question I have."
The Duke laughed to himself.
The greatest enemy the Twelve Divines have conquered is death itself. They rose from beyond once and they WILL rise from it again.
"I had imagined the Twelve Divines to have done deeds in much stranger aeons than simply overcoming death. Perhaps we can discuss this more after the Shogun Empire is annihilated, but for now, I have exhausted all my questions. We will prepare to strike the Shogun Empire, and we intend to begin our assault in less than three days - as three days is what they gave us to prepare."

Kurt focused telepathy on Ahrakas.

"Well, this guy has no real flair for worship of his gods. If it seems like I gave these guys a lot, that's because I think these 12 Divines are chumps that will crumple as soon as we are unbound."

Universe

"I had imagined the Twelve Divines to have done deeds in much stranger aeons than simply overcoming death. Perhaps we can discuss this more after the Shogun Empire is annihilated, but for now, I have exhausted all my questions. We will prepare to strike the Shogun Empire, and we intend to begin our assault in less than three days - as three days is what they gave us to prepare."

Kurt focused telepathy on Ahrakas.

"Well, this guy has no real flair for worship of his gods. If it seems like I gave these guys a lot, that's because I think these 12 Divines are chumps that will crumple as soon as we are unbound."
Cosmos:”I agree they’ll be even weaker then me”