• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Andromedan Orbiting Operations Center (and offworld adventures)

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
Cosmos:”I just need a nap just make sure I don’t sleep for 60 more realities”
*Cosmos was really really tired* Cosmos:”I’ll need a few youth potions but I’ll be able to hold on until I let myself rebirth”
"Perhaps we should let Yig and Chaugnar Faugn keep an eye on you while you nap. Chaug's on his up cycle and Yig tends to be easy to wake."

Kurt then spoke to Ahrakas.

"Ahrakas, when we get back to the Palace, do you mind if Cosmos takes a nap there? We want him rested for this war and I already have someone in mind that would watch him."

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore
"Perhaps we should let Yig and Chaugnar Faugn keep an eye on you while you nap. Chaug's on his up cycle and Yig tends to be easy to wake."

"Ahrakas, when we get back to the Palace, do you mind if Cosmos takes a nap there? We want him rested for this war and I already have someone in mind that would watch him."
I dont mind.

As for your earlier question about the Shogun. Even the empires that havent been expansionistic have always been incredibly xenophobic and hostile to those that are not them or share similar beliefs.

Firuthi Dragovic

I dont mind.

As for your earlier question about the Shogun. Even the empires that havent been expansionistic have always been incredibly xenophobic and hostile to those that are not them or share similar beliefs.
"Understood."

Kurt thought for a second.

"So... I think I have it now. I actually know of a few empires in past realities that were that.... bigoted, frankly. They have always, always become slave traders, without fail. Even if the Shogun Empire isn't yet, I've seen the writing on the wall way, way too often."

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore
"Understood."

Kurt thought for a second.

"So... I think I have it now. I actually know of a few empires in past realities that were that.... bigoted, frankly. They have always, always become slave traders, without fail. Even if the Shogun Empire isn't yet, I've seen the writing on the wall way, way too often."
So far they have proven that they are willing to commit genocide so you are probably correct.

Firuthi Dragovic

So far they have proven that they are willing to commit genocide so you are probably correct.
"I think I've got enough to work with. I'll need a few minutes to delve into the memories of those past empires, but we're just about to dock. Go ahead of me, make sure everyone's paying attention."

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe

Cosmos:”ok thank you”

Firuthi Dragovic

Cosmos:”ok thank you”
"I think I've got enough to work with. I'll need a few minutes to delve into the memories of those past empires, but we're just about to dock. Go ahead of me, make sure everyone's paying attention."
"Alright, I believe I'm ready for this now. Let's hope I don't have to go into lengthy explanations about other realities, let's hope referencing those realities is sufficient."

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore
"Alright, I believe I'm ready for this now. Let's hope I don't have to go into lengthy explanations about other realities, let's hope referencing those realities is sufficient."
The ship landed and even in the landing bay you could see scores of Temporal Lords that had gathered. Once the ships doors opened all of them turned their attention to us in eager anticipation of our news.

Firuthi Dragovic

The ship landed and even in the landing bay you could see scores of Temporal Lords that had gathered. Once the ships doors opened all of them turned their attention to us in eager anticipation of our news.
*Cosmos walks past not having the energy to talk to anyone*
Yig was present, and followed Cosmos.

Kurt stood as tall as he could.

"Hear me, Temporal Lords! We have returned from a diplomatic mission to meet and gain the assistance of the Duchy, and in the process we learned something about the Shogun Empire that you all need to hear."

"The Shogun Empire didn't just conquer the dragon empire that has now become the Duchy. They went for genocide. They went for the xenophobic route of exterminating the history of that empire. In past realities, the next step of an empire that does this has always been enslavement, without fail. Consider the Wuryn Dynasty of about twenty realities ago, a group of rodent people that conquered neighboring tribes. When we Architects - or the Ghost Kings as we were known back then - went to investigate, we found chain gangs. We found machines that ran without purpose, and slaves dead on the wheels from overwork. We exterminated that dynasty on the spot back then."

"That is precisely where the Shogun Empire is headed. They aren't just out for power. They seek to force our people into slavery. In fact, they almost managed to enslave one of the Great Old Ones's oldest creations, and it was only through a lucky tip that we found him in time. Chaugnar Faugn, if you'd come here please?"

Chaugnar Faugn stepped forward.

Chaugnar Faugn: "I had to remain as a statue for millennia to escape the notice of the xenophobes in the Shogun Empire! I still shudder at the way they painted me for their amusement...."

"Thank you, Chaug, you may go follow Cosmos now."

Chaugnar Faugn left to follow Cosmos.

"Anyways, enough about the Shogun Empire. The Duchy is on our side for this one. We have one major objective: make sure the Shogun Empire can never rise again. No nobles left, no leaders left. If we find any relics from the Duchy's dragon empire, like the skulls of their great champions or any of their actual history, we need to retrieve them."

"We are to strike before the three-day deadline we were given. Any questions?"

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
Yig was present, and followed Cosmos.

Kurt stood as tall as he could.

"Hear me, Temporal Lords! We have returned from a diplomatic mission to meet and gain the assistance of the Duchy, and in the process we learned something about the Shogun Empire that you all need to hear."

"The Shogun Empire didn't just conquer the dragon empire that has now become the Duchy. They went for genocide. They went for the xenophobic route of exterminating the history of that empire. In past realities, the next step of an empire that does this has always been enslavement, without fail. Consider the Wuryn Dynasty of about twenty realities ago, a group of rodent people that conquered neighboring tribes. When we Architects - or the Ghost Kings as we were known back then - went to investigate, we found chain gangs. We found machines that ran without purpose, and slaves dead on the wheels from overwork. We exterminated that dynasty on the spot back then."

"That is precisely where the Shogun Empire is headed. They aren't just out for power. They seek to force our people into slavery. In fact, they almost managed to enslave one of the Great Old Ones's oldest creations, and it was only through a lucky tip that we found him in time. Chaugnar Faugn, if you'd come here please?"

Chaugnar Faugn stepped forward.

Chaugnar Faugn: "I had to remain as a statue for millennia to escape the notice of the xenophobes in the Shogun Empire! I still shudder at the way they painted me for their amusement...."

"Thank you, Chaug, you may go follow Cosmos now."

Chaugnar Faugn left to follow Cosmos.

"Anyways, enough about the Shogun Empire. The Duchy is on our side for this one. We have one major objective: make sure the Shogun Empire can never rise again. No nobles left, no leaders left. If we find any relics from the Duchy's dragon empire, like the skulls of their great champions or any of their actual history, we need to retrieve them."

"We are to strike before the three-day deadline we were given. Any questions?"
*Cosmos fell into a very deep sleep*

Firuthi Dragovic

*Cosmos fell into a very deep sleep*
"Look at him, Chaugnar Faugn. He's exhausted."

"That's about right for someone his age. We use so much up we tire really fast."

Kurt eagerly awaited further questions.

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore
"Look at him, Chaugnar Faugn. He's exhausted."

"That's about right for someone his age. We use so much up we tire really fast."

Kurt eagerly awaited further questions.
What will happen to the territory now governed by the Shogun and those who ally with them?

Firuthi Dragovic

What will happen to the territory now governed by the Shogun and those who ally with them?
"The Duchy was particularly picky about the conditions under which they worked. They wanted it all."

Kurt watched the crowd, knowing some of the Lords were a bit disgusted.

"About the reaction I expected. Any of you not happy with that result, please link minds with me."

Kurt would share mental images of a double-cross, of sabotaging the Duchy fleets at the moment of victory, of some of his more knife-in-the-back moments from last reality, to anyone who linked with him. Divide and conquer, that was the motto.

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore
"The Duchy was particularly picky about the conditions under which they worked. They wanted it all."

Kurt watched the crowd, knowing some of the Lords were a bit disgusted.

"About the reaction I expected. Any of you not happy with that result, please link minds with me."

Kurt would share mental images of a double-cross, of sabotaging the Duchy fleets at the moment of victory, of some of his more knife-in-the-back moments from last reality, to anyone who linked with him. Divide and conquer, that was the motto.
We want this to be a quick war, by attacking early we will hopefully take them by surprise. This will be our biggest mobilization since the Dawn War.

Firuthi Dragovic

We want this to be a quick war, by attacking early we will hopefully take them by surprise. This will be our biggest mobilization since the Dawn War.
"Yes. And we know our first target, too."

Kurt projected an illusion of a string of letters. For the Lords present and Ahrakas, who would be keyed to the illusion, it would spell "Mandalore". Anyone else viewing it would only see magic static.

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore
"Yes. And we know our first target, too."

Kurt projected an illusion of a string of letters. For the Lords present and Ahrakas, who would be keyed to the illusion, it would spell "Mandalore". Anyone else viewing it would only see magic static.
Mandalore is one of the crown jewels of the Shogun Empire. It is heavily fortified and has access to considerable naval capabilities. Its current ruler is the Daimyo Mandalore the Unassailable of Clan Awaud. He is a skilled fighter and tactician and has put down several rebellions from usurpers.

Firuthi Dragovic

Mandalore is one of the crown jewels of the Shogun Empire. It is heavily fortified and has access to considerable naval capabilities. Its current ruler is the Daimyo Mandalore the Unassailable of Clan Awaud. He is a skilled fighter and tactician and has put down several rebellions from usurpers.
Kurt started chuckling.

Yatsufusa: "What's so funny about this, Kurt?"

"Despite Ahrakas' claims, this ruler probably couldn't even take on one of my dogs."

A number of Lords looked at each other, worried.

"Wait.... Kurt, when you said that puppy could turn up in any corner...."

"You know anything about the architecture of Mandalore's castle?"

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore
Kurt started chuckling.

Yatsufusa: "What's so funny about this, Kurt?"

"Despite Ahrakas' claims, this ruler probably couldn't even take on one of my dogs."

A number of Lords looked at each other, worried.

"Wait.... Kurt, when you said that puppy could turn up in any corner...."

"You know anything about the architecture of Mandalore's castle?"
I know it tends to be rather angular and geometric...
Which bodes badly for him.

Firuthi Dragovic

I know it tends to be rather angular and geometric...
Which bodes badly for him.
"There is a part of me that wonders how many times the trick will work on these palaces. These hounds can't manifest in curves, I give these guys 3-4 dead leaders tops before they start curving their architecture. Oh, if I could only properly control more than one of these hounds at a time..."

"Access to even one unstoppable hound is terrifying enough."

"Oh you have no idea yet...."

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore
"There is a part of me that wonders how many times the trick will work on these palaces. These hounds can't manifest in curves, I give these guys 3-4 dead leaders tops before they start curving their architecture. Oh, if I could only properly control more than one of these hounds at a time..."

"Access to even one unstoppable hound is terrifying enough."

"Oh you have no idea yet...."
A part of me is looking forward to seeing the opportunists try to claim their minute of fame and power once these hounds start killing some of their leaders.
It should be noted that some of the Shogun elite have embraced "breeding" practices to create a superpowered nobility. Several Shogun nobles are force or stand users and a handful are both.

Firuthi Dragovic

A part of me is looking forward to seeing the opportunists try to claim their minute of fame and power once these hounds start killing some of their leaders.
It should be noted that some of the Shogun elite have embraced "breeding" practices to create a superpowered nobility. Several Shogun nobles are force or stand users and a handful are both.
Yatsufusa: "Okay, I know what a Force user is, but what do you mean by a Stand user?"

"Psychic entities. They're a visual manifestation of life energy."

Yatsufusa: "Also, why is there a cyan-and-purple bumblebee floating around Lady Vertigo's head?"

"Don't touch that. That's Dural's Stand."

"I sketch something, the bee holds it while I narrate, and the world alters to suit my narration. Its name is Cartoon Heroes. Also, I come from a realm with a LOT of Stand Users.... hey Ahrakas, how many of these people know of the incident with Johnny?"

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore
Yatsufusa: "Okay, I know what a Force user is, but what do you mean by a Stand user?"

"Psychic entities. They're a visual manifestation of life energy."

Yatsufusa: "Also, why is there a cyan-and-purple bumblebee floating around Lady Vertigo's head?"

"Don't touch that. That's Dural's Stand."

"I sketch something, the bee holds it while I narrate, and the world alters to suit my narration. Its name is Cartoon Heroes. Also, I come from a realm with a LOT of Stand Users.... hey Ahrakas, how many of these people know of the incident with Johnny?"
Probably not too many. You got something your planning?