• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Andromedan Orbiting Operations Center (and offworld adventures)

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
No arms? Fascinating how things change. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Cosmos.
I do believe that the propaganda about Slaanesh is true though, she currently resides on the world of Ines-Ef-UU.

Instead of countering Kurts move he moves one of his pieces in a seemingly meaningless direction.
Now that you have returned what are your plans for the council?
Cosmos:”Most of my race abandoned me” *All of reality shook as Cosmos got very angry and upset*

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
Cosmos:”Most of my race abandoned me”
I am unique among this reality. Perhaps you should do what I have done and foster fanatical cults dedicated in your name that surrender their souls to you?

Universe

I am unique among this reality. Perhaps you should do what I have done and foster fanatical cults dedicated in your name that surrender their souls to you?
*Cosmos’s aura turned deadly if the other guy had trod upon a subject that was best left alone* Cosmos:”Choose your next words carefully”

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
*Cosmos’s aura turned deadly if the other guy had trod upon a subject that was best left alone* Cosmos:”Choose your next words carefully”
We do not wish for a fight my friend. Besides I doubt you wish to incur the full powers of the Chaos Gods down on you. Now let us enjoy the game.

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
We do not wish for a fight my friend. Besides I doubt you wish to incur the full powers of the Chaos Gods down on you. Now let us enjoy the game.
"Cosmos, please stand down. I'll handle this diplomatically."

Kurt resumed addressing Tzeentch.

"Tzeentch.... it's an extremely touchy subject. Thanks to... recent discoveries, I have reason to believe the Architects all suffered at the hands of a cult, eons ago. And I mean a cult where every member is at least as toxic as Lucifer turned out to be."

Kurt noted Tzeentch's move. Rarely did the Chaos God actually make a useless move. Kurt's next move captured a piece.

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!

"Tzeentch.... it's an extremely touchy subject. Thanks to... recent discoveries, I have reason to believe the Architects all suffered at the hands of a cult, eons ago. And I mean a cult where every member is at least as toxic as Lucifer turned out to be."

Kurt noted Tzeentch's move. Rarely did the Chaos God actually make a useless move. Kurt's next move captured a piece.
Fascinating, how did this cult make you and your kin suffer?
He makes his next move and takes one of Kurts most important pieces.

Firuthi Dragovic

Fascinating, how did this cult make you and your kin suffer?
He makes his next move and takes one of Kurts most important pieces.
Kurt realized he should have seen that coming. Tzeentch never resorted to just one trap in his moves. He had several.

"I.... it is quite possible that they were the ones that managed to bind the five of us into weak forms in the first place, countless eons ago. Pavlin had a nightmare... where he was literally branded, empathy shoved into his form. He said he was the last one... which leads me to believe the other four of us were broken similarly. Some of this is admittedly conjecture, but this mystery is going to eat at us until we solve it."

Kurt surveyed the board. His position was in trouble.

"Before I get too far on that, you asked me about the council. It is basically as I said in the speech. Even with the overhaul that happened at the Imperium, there are still remnants that follow Lucifer. There are stagnant and dying places in need of help. And... there are cults, unnamed cults, even more hostile than Lucifer's. The first issue, the Imperium is actually trying to clean up their own mess... but Lucifer's remnants still mean us harm. Given that some of my other plans require good standing with the Imperium... if we find a remnant, we investigate it."

Kurt finally made his move, a bold one.

"As for the dying realms and the cults... the success of the Jormungandr means those two issues are not restricted to dragons and Architects. I do not fully know yet what it will take to change a dying realm into a wonderful one, or to weaken the cults... but this is a battle on multiple fronts, Tzeentch. Some of it will require direct conflict, some will require propaganda... but investigators like your spy network are critical. I still have to work out the details of how mortals can access other realities, and I'm hoping the Jormungandr leaves a schematic of how he was built before the dragons take him, but I truly believe we can turn the tide against whatever has been destroying realms."

"I will deal with interactions with the Imperium and will try to keep things good with the dragons. For any of this to work, we need to play nice with the dragons. The Imperium... I'll personally be playing nice as I still have to worry about the other Architects, but if they have to be nudged with an insult or two, so be it. No overt hostilities, though."

"In short... subtlety is the name of the game here. For us in this reality and all realities to be able to come together as one, the Council will most likely have to be something of a shadow network."

Kurt hesitated.

"There is... one more thing. Should the Architects fully manage to undo their bindings this time, Cosmos will do everything in his power to help us. If we do stray from his guidance, or if it turns out we get drunk on our new power and get destructive... there's the very real possibility you might have to protect the people of this reality from us. Are you prepared for that possibility?"

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
Kurt realized he should have seen that coming. Tzeentch never resorted to just one trap in his moves. He had several.

"I.... it is quite possible that they were the ones that managed to bind the five of us into weak forms in the first place, countless eons ago. Pavlin had a nightmare... where he was literally branded, empathy shoved into his form. He said he was the last one... which leads me to believe the other four of us were broken similarly. Some of this is admittedly conjecture, but this mystery is going to eat at us until we solve it."

Kurt surveyed the board. His position was in trouble.

"Before I get too far on that, you asked me about the council. It is basically as I said in the speech. Even with the overhaul that happened at the Imperium, there are still remnants that follow Lucifer. There are stagnant and dying places in need of help. And... there are cults, unnamed cults, even more hostile than Lucifer's. The first issue, the Imperium is actually trying to clean up their own mess... but Lucifer's remnants still mean us harm. Given that some of my other plans require good standing with the Imperium... if we find a remnant, we investigate it."

Kurt finally made his move, a bold one.

"As for the dying realms and the cults... the success of the Jormungandr means those two issues are not restricted to dragons and Architects. I do not fully know yet what it will take to change a dying realm into a wonderful one, or to weaken the cults... but this is a battle on multiple fronts, Tzeentch. Some of it will require direct conflict, some will require propaganda... but investigators like your spy network are critical. I still have to work out the details of how mortals can access other realities, and I'm hoping the Jormungandr leaves a schematic of how he was built before the dragons take him, but I truly believe we can turn the tide against whatever has been destroying realms."

"I will deal with interactions with the Imperium and will try to keep things good with the dragons. For any of this to work, we need to play nice with the dragons. The Imperium... I'll personally be playing nice as I still have to worry about the other Architects, but if they have to be nudged with an insult or two, so be it. No overt hostilities, though."

"In short... subtlety is the name of the game here. For us in this reality and all realities to be able to come together as one, the Council will most likely have to be something of a shadow network."

Kurt hesitated.

"There is... one more thing. Should the Architects fully manage to undo their bindings this time, Cosmos will do everything in his power to help us. If we do stray from his guidance, or if it turns out we get drunk on our new power and get destructive... there's the very real possibility you might have to protect the people of this reality from us. Are you prepared for that possibility?"
Me and the other Chaos Gods are quite adept in the art of subtlety. Our worshippers will infiltrate our enemies before they are even aware we know of them.
Fascinating about your empathy. At first you were without it, and now you depend on it. A Change for the better? Or for the worse?
As for if you undo your bindings...
he moves his piece to a game winning position The change and chaos that would bring would be exhilarating.

Firuthi Dragovic

Me and the other Chaos Gods are quite adept in the art of subtlety. Our worshippers will infiltrate our enemies before they are even aware we know of them.
Fascinating about your empathy. At first you were without it, and now you depend on it. A Change for the better? Or for the worse?
As for if you undo your bindings...
he moves his piece to a game winning position The change and chaos that would bring would be exhilarating.
Tzeentch had won again. Kurt was actually used to this. But the game itself had been a cover for a philosophy discussion, which was far more important.

"It seems we have an understanding. As for whether it was better or worse... Cosmos will say one thing, and my present form will say it was for the better, but I will only truly know that answer if undoing the bindings means I lose it."

Kurt looked up.

"The effigy is being transported."

Kurt looked to Cosmos.

"Cosmos, once we've lit the effigy, I'll still have to address things with two others. Maybe you could check in on Fabiana, or see how Pavlin's doing with his search, or check up on Solaris?"

Last edited:

Firuthi Dragovic

Back on Ahrakas' ship....

Pavlin had resumed looking at the journals.

"....hmmmm... no... 135 is kind of mundane... 136, 137...."

"Keep looking, 134 can't be the last interesting entry."

".....hmmm... ah, here we go. 144 and 145, looks like Loki and then Fujin vented some really nasty nightmares to me."

"Nasty like how?"

"They... I can't tell if they're connected, but it looks like they may have caused leadership issues. Let's give them a closer look."

Last edited:

Universe

Cosmos:”I’ve been through so much”

Universe

Tzeentch had won again. Kurt was actually used to this. But the game itself had been a cover for a philosophy discussion, which was far more important.

"It seems we have an understanding. As for whether it was better or worse... Cosmos will say one thing, and my present form will say it was for the better, but I will only truly know that answer if undoing the bindings means I lose it."

Kurt looked up.

"The effigy is being transported."

Kurt looked to Cosmos.

"Cosmos, once we've lit the effigy, I'll still have to address things with two others. Maybe you could check in on Fabiana, or see how Pavlin's doing with his search, or check up on Solaris?"
Cosmos:”I would be happy to see my son again”

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
Back on Ahrakas' ship....

Pavlin had resumed looking at the journals.

"....hmmmm... no... 135 is kind of mundane... 136, 137...."

"Keep looking, 134 can't be the last interesting entry."

".....hmmm... ah, here we go. 144 and 145, looks like Loki and then Fujin vented some really nasty nightmares to me."

"Nasty like how?"

"They... I can't tell if they're connected, but it looks like they may have caused leadership issues. Let's give them a closer look."
Entry 144
Our great crusade has begun. We have finished subjecting the world of Rjxv, the inhabitants there decided to resist and we crushed their pitiful army with ease. Loki was eager to finally begin his task of slaying all who oppose us. He even was able to take out a third of their forces by himself.

He came to me in a crazed mood last night, said he wants the dreams to end. He started talking about how in a past life he destroyed entire civilizations , put them to the sword, turned rivers to blood, killed all of the firstborns, and inflicted terrible plagues on the people of that reality. He was literally shaking in my arms and crying.

We are gods, all others are beneath us, I fear my brother is forgetting that. The power he claims he wielded in that past life is something I must attain. It is our right to rule all things as we see fit.

Universe

Entry 144
Our great crusade has begun. We have finished subjecting the world of Rjxv, the inhabitants there decided to resist and we crushed their pitiful army with ease. Loki was eager to finally begin his task of slaying all who oppose us. He even was able to take out a third of their forces by himself.

He came to me in a crazed mood last night, said he wants the dreams to end. He started talking about how in a past life he destroyed entire civilizations , put them to the sword, turned rivers to blood, killed all of the firstborns, and inflicted terrible plagues on the people of that reality. He was literally shaking in my arms and crying.

We are gods, all others are beneath us, I fear my brother is forgetting that. The power he claims he wielded in that past life is something I must attain. It is our right to rule all things as we see fit.
*Cosmos could hear all that was said due to his powers and he wasn’t even concentrating*

Firuthi Dragovic

Entry 144

"At least your past self's jackassery and arrogance are consistent."

"It.... it almost reminds me of my dream as the Old One."

"Do you think Loki reacted so badly to the dreams because they depicted acts that weren't war, but-"

"Nada. Massacres and plagues are still part of war. They're merely the most evil parts of it."

"Most evil?"

"Explain the suffering any other way."

"Don't joke about it, Ahrakas probably has an actual explanation."

"Let's keep going, see if I was this much of an asshole about Fujin's attitude too."

Pavlin was actually looking kind of worried, even as he continued reading.

Universe

"Do you think Loki reacted so badly to the dreams because they depicted acts that weren't war, but-"

"Nada. Massacres and plagues are still part of war. They're merely the most evil parts of it."

"Most evil?"

"Let's keep going, see if I was this much of an asshole about Fujin's attitude too."

*Cosmos knew what their reactions were going to be*

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!

"Most evil?"

Ahrakas was quit for a minute as he thought about Lokis behavior. Loki sounds like he displayed many of the symptoms of PTSD, it must have been incredibly traumatizing for him to dream of endless lifetimes of war and then to experience it in person, in that lifetime might have driven him close to his breaking point.

Firuthi Dragovic

Ahrakas was quit for a minute as he thought about Lokis behavior. Loki sounds like he displayed many of the symptoms of PTSD, it must have been incredibly traumatizing for him to dream of endless lifetimes of war and then to experience it in person, in that lifetime might have driven him close to his breaking point.
"Interesting thought."

"I'm surprised he's not nearly as squeamish about combat this time."

"Has he... found a meaning for it this time around?"

"A lot of this does leave out the meanings of the endless wars. But that could simply have been my inability to see it."

"Is it just me, or did Aten come off as a sociopath?"

"Leadership will sometimes have that effect on people, but I seemed a bit extreme for that word."

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
"Interesting thought."

"I'm surprised he's not nearly as squeamish about combat this time."

"Has he... found a meaning for it this time around?"

"A lot of this does leave out the meanings of the endless wars. But that could simply have been my inability to see it."

"Is it just me, or did Aten come off as a sociopath?"

"Leadership will sometimes have that effect on people, but I seemed a bit extreme for that word."
Entry 145
Fujin has come to me with an interesting dream. She said she had a nightmare about having a child with her husband Raiden. She said she gave birth to a monster consisting of tentacles and of an incomprehensible form. She said that she is wary of having children with Raiden now, I told her that rather than this being distressing I find that it further confirms my theories about our origins. She accused me of being cold and uncaring before storming off to get advice from Dagda.

It really is true then, what my past self has whispered in my dreams. Eímai to Álfa kai to Oméga, o Prótos kai o Teleftaíos, i Archí kai to Télos, that is what I cried out as I was branded. Time will not exist for me. I will release us.

Firuthi Dragovic

Entry 145
Fujin has come to me with an interesting dream. She said she had a nightmare about having a child with her husband Raiden. She said she gave birth to a monster consisting of tentacles and of an incomprehensible form. She said that she is wary of having children with Raiden now, I told her that rather than this being distressing I find that it further confirms my theories about our origins. She accused me of being cold and uncaring before storming off to get advice from Dagda.

It really is true then, what my past self has whispered in my dreams. Eímai to Álfa kai to Oméga, o Prótos kai o Teleftaíos, i Archí kai to Télos, that is what I cried out as I was branded. Time will not exist for me. I will release us.
Pavlin's head sank.

"Something's not right about this whole situation! I can't... I don't... my own heartlessness and detached state is surreal!"

"I told her... that if she feels it's necessary to wait, that it was up to her. Pavlin... Aten's behavior... I don't know what to tell you."

"Do you still want to undo the binding, if this is how Aten was?"

"There's.... there's no way Aten got close to how I was! There must be something! There must be SOMETHING!!"

Pavlin frantically flipped through entries, hoping for something that would prove his point. Finding nothing, he shoved the journal aside.

"AAAAAGGHH!"

Inside Pavlin's head, the corrupt being with his face manifested again.

Ỳ̸̭ê̵ͅs̴͓͗.̷̛͓.̴̠̅.̸̮͠ ̵͗ͅÅ̶̝ť̴̟e̴̫͘n̶̦̆ ̸͈̆k̸̭͝ñ̵͎ȇ̷̠w̴̟͆.̴͎̐ ̷̙͒ ̷̺̀Ṛ̶̅e̶̯̐l̷̡̍ȇ̴̳å̴͓s̵̯̈́ȅ̸͙ ̴̰́t̶͔́h̸̻̿ē̶̯m̴͖͐!̸̮̓ ̸̧̈́ ̵͓̈́Ŏ̴̝u̷̻͠r̸̳͋ ̷̥̏e̸̙̾ṋ̸̒ĕ̶̖ṁ̸͚ī̸͓e̵̡͐s̶̛̯ ̷̨̑s̵̭̎h̷̩̕a̷͗͜l̴͊͜l̵͉̓ ̶͇͘b̷̙̓ủ̵̘r̵͍͊n̶̨͒ ̶͙͝a̸͕͊s̴̞͗ ̸͓͑g̶̩͗l̴̢͗o̷̺͝r̶̻̕i̷̺͂o̷̖͐ȗ̶̘s̷͚͋ ̸̙͝s̷̗̾a̷̺̔ĉ̵̬r̴̘̆ḭ̴̋f̵̫̈i̸̢͘c̷̼̉e̶̹̎š̶̱!̵̮̂

Pavlin screamed. In his visions, the corrupt being slashed across Pavlin, breaking his arm and leaving nasty lacerations along his chest. Those would show up in reality if the being ever vanished.

Out in the real world, Pavlin's arm started turning black, starting from the fingers.

Cosmos remembered who Pavlin was. He actually remembered a being like this, in his worst moments, gloating about sacrifices. He'd had to tell the being off hundreds of times - which, given the untold eons, was actually impressively merciful.

Cosmos would have to tell him off the same way again... including the name he used then.

Universe

Pavlin's head sank.

"Something's not right about this whole situation! I can't... I don't... my own heartlessness and detached state is surreal!"

"I told her... that if she feels it's necessary to wait, that it was up to her. Pavlin... Aten's behavior... I don't know what to tell you."

"There's.... there's no way Aten got close to how I was! There must be something! There must be SOMETHING!!"

Pavlin frantically flipped through entries, hoping for something that would prove his point. Finding nothing, he shoved the journal aside.

"AAAAAGGHH!"

Ỳ̸̭ê̵ͅs̴͓͗.̷̛͓.̴̠̅.̸̮͠ ̵͗ͅÅ̶̝ť̴̟e̴̫͘n̶̦̆ ̸͈̆k̸̭͝ñ̵͎ȇ̷̠w̴̟͆.̴͎̐ ̷̙͒ ̷̺̀Ṛ̶̅e̶̯̐l̷̡̍ȇ̴̳å̴͓s̵̯̈́ȅ̸͙ ̴̰́t̶͔́h̸̻̿ē̶̯m̴͖͐!̸̮̓ ̸̧̈́ ̵͓̈́Ŏ̴̝u̷̻͠r̸̳͋ ̷̥̏e̸̙̾ṋ̸̒ĕ̶̖ṁ̸͚ī̸͓e̵̡͐s̶̛̯ ̷̨̑s̵̭̎h̷̩̕a̷͗͜l̴͊͜l̵͉̓ ̶͇͘b̷̙̓ủ̵̘r̵͍͊n̶̨͒ ̶͙͝a̸͕͊s̴̞͗ ̸͓͑g̶̩͗l̴̢͗o̷̺͝r̶̻̕i̷̺͂o̷̖͐ȗ̶̘s̷͚͋ ̸̙͝s̷̗̾a̷̺̔ĉ̵̬r̴̘̆ḭ̴̋f̵̫̈i̸̢͘c̷̼̉e̶̹̎š̶̱!̵̮̂

Pavlin screamed. In his visions, the corrupt being slashed across Pavlin, breaking his arm and leaving nasty lacerations along his chest. Those would show up if the being ever vanished.

Out in the real world, Pavlin's arm started turning black, starting from the fingers.

Cosmos remembered who Pavlin was. He actually remembered a being like this, in his worst moments, gloating about sacrifices. He'd had to tell the being off hundreds of times - which, given the untold eons, was actually impressively merciful.

Cosmos would have to tell him off the same way again... including the name he used then.
Cosmos:”GET AWAY FROM ME Cthugha I will never have people sacrifice for me I’ve lost enough!”

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
Pavlin's head sank.

"AAAAAGGHH!"

Pavlin screamed. In his visions, the corrupt being slashed across Pavlin, breaking his arm and leaving nasty lacerations along his chest. Those would show up in reality if the being ever vanished.

Cosmos:”GET AWAY FROM ME Cthugha I will never have people sacrifice for me I’ve lost enough!”
*He teleported in and blasted the being out out Palvin’s head but Cosmos was close to tears*
Ahrakas stood in shock, Cthugha, that must be what he was called those countless eons ago.
He cautiously approached Pavlin.