• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Andromedan Orbiting Operations Center (and offworld adventures)

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
"I don't remem-"

"Hold on.... that name... I think I encountered him during the fourth reality. I know the encounter involved a lot of spherical objects, but I don't remember any more than that."

"You make him sound like an ancient sports god."

"Think billiards with solar systems and stars. He was a complete psychopath then.... given I don't remember any incidents since that reality, I think he might have calmed down."

"He most certainly has. He's been at Fomalhaut more than a few times at the end of a reality, and maybe once or twice during a cycle. I'd hesitate to rely on that lead too soon."

"He last checked into Twinpeak Asylum. It's actually near our police station. He's been there... a month?"
I guess we should go over there once we are done here. He seems to be our only lead so far. After everything you guys might want to take a nap or rest.

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
I guess we should go over there once we are done here. He seems to be our only lead so far. After everything you guys might want to take a nap or rest.
"Only a short one. I still have to deal with finishing my ascension on Zosma. We didn't get to light the effigy yet."

"Raiden is going to want to know what happened here."

"No offense, Ahrakas, but Masahiko can wait. I think it's imperative Cooper, Oriana, and I ascend to our thrones first. Then once we all have them, we can all reconvene and continue the search for our answers."

"I am to be last on that, Ahrakas, given my throne's going to be the world where Masahiko is. I'll call you all at that point. I still think we should rest our minds a while."

"Harpocrates, have the list ready when we wake up, please."

The otters didn't bother seeking out proper beds this time. They simply all curled up to rest - in an arrangement resembling a clutch of dragons - right near the ritual room door.

Dural pulled up his communicator again.

"Fiona, I'll be heading back soon. Can you check up on Twinpeak Asylum and make sure Masahiko stays a while longer? Thanks."

He put the communicator down.

"Okay, so Hayagriva only told me some things about this place. Ahrakas, what should I know regarding this palace?"

Firuthi Dragovic

Firuthi Dragovic

“Ohhhh my body hurts how did you?”
"Well, Cosmos was the one who actually got the energy out of the black hole.... as for how I knew to get you to take in the energy again? The favorite food thing I knew how to do, Cerebrus once explained what foods were best to me and Cosmos reminded me of yours."

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
"Well, Cosmos was the one who actually got the energy out of the black hole.... as for how I knew to get you to take in the energy again? The favorite food thing I knew how to do, Cerebrus once explained what foods were best to me and Cosmos reminded me of yours."
“I’m scared! I’m so weak I-I ohhhhh feeling lightheaded again”

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
"Only a short one. I still have to deal with finishing my ascension on Zosma. We didn't get to light the effigy yet."

"Raiden is going to want to know what happened here."

"No offense, Ahrakas, but Masahiko can wait. I think it's imperative Cooper, Oriana, and I ascend to our thrones first. Then once we all have them, we can all reconvene and continue the search for our answers."

"I am to be last on that, Ahrakas, given my throne's going to be the world where Masahiko is. I'll call you all at that point. I still think we should rest our minds a while."

"Harpocrates, have the list ready when we wake up, please."

The otters didn't bother seeking out proper beds this time. They simply all curled up to rest - in an arrangement resembling a clutch of dragons - right near the ritual room door.

Dural pulled up his communicator again.

"Fiona, I'll be heading back soon. Can you check up on Twinpeak Asylum and make sure Masahiko stays a while longer? Thanks."

He put the communicator down.

"Okay, so Hayagriva only told me some things about this place. Ahrakas, what should I know regarding this palace?"
As Ahrakas and Dural discussed details about the palace the otters slept, and as they slept they dreamed.
Astigian looked down the mountain. A snowstorm was raging and the Rythulian Wayfarer he was observing was on the brink of death. He had helped this Wayfarer before at the ruins of the Ancient City, and showed him the story of how their civilization had destroyed itself in a war over resources. Him and his fellow Sages had watched and guided this pilgrim throughout his Journey to the mountain and Paradise. Now the Wayfarers steps slowed and he collapsed on the side of the mountain. Astigian and his fellow Sages used their white cloth robes to float down to where the Wayfarer lay. For a moment they all stood there, their identical white robes made it impossible to tell them apart. He looked and Tharsos nodded his head towards him. Astigian knelt down and shared his healing aura with the Wayfarer. The pilgrim floated up and together they departed up the mountain to Paradise

You had a disturbing dream. You can only recall one part. A tall figure with a golden mask led you among the dead as through a wedding celebration. You heard many voices, but no lips moved. You strained to breathe, but your chest didn't move. The tall figure spoke with each figure as he passed among them, laughing and joking, as if they were alive, but they made no reply. You tried to cry out, but without breath, your tongue fluttered in vain.

Renenutet laid coiled around the effigy of the World Tree, she knew that her time was short. Her and her fellow Elder Naga had just completed the ritual to end this reality. While there was still time she had retreated back to her home and her home city. The people here didnt worship her as a goddess but instead revered her as a great seeress. She slithered out to the balcony of her home and looked down at her people. They were celebrating and engaging in festivities to celebrate the coming of the new reality. In the city square she could see young couples engaging in courtship dances and hissing laughter filled the air. She looked up and could see the stars in the night sky going dark. She flicked her tongue out and could tell that everything was good. This reality was one of the best they had ever lived in.
And with that thought a wave of oblivion rolled over the planet, and all was nothing.

Fujin was staring at the new Vigilant recruit. He arrived shortly after her and her siblings had arrived and was around their same age. She had to admit he was really, really hot. She was scared to approach him, her social skills were really bad after being raised in isolation with only her siblings to keep her company. She sighed and went back to her sketchbooks and began drawing exotic peoples and places.
Those drawings look really nice.
Fujin looked up and was shocked to see the new recruit Raiden standing above her. She struggled with what to say next as she felt like her three hearts were racing.
Thanks.
I draw too do you want to take a look at my sketches?
He pulled out a sketchbook filled with amazing artwork.
I would love to, would you like to draw together?
I would be honored to draw with you.

They come, the twelve Dragon tribes, they come sailing on ships of starlight. My hounds shall tear upon their vessels and drag them to the maws of Azathoth. They think the are greater than us? We were born of that which was never born and shall never die. Their weapons are useless to capture a Great Old One.

Even after millions of years they still persist in their attempt to capture us. They show resilience unlike any other mortals we have encountered. But I have sown the seeds of my worship throughout their ranks. In secret some bow to me alone.

It seems now billions of years later it seems that they are making some progress, it will not help them in the long run though. They do not understand what they deal with.
A trillion years of continuous assault and they finally were able to capture me and my kin. I feel as if they will try to force us into a mortal shell and attempt to impose their mortal values upon us. They do not know that this has happened an infinite amount of times, and an infinite amount of times we have broken free. Even now their ranks are filled with those who worship their true masters.

I am going to quite enjoy this coming mortal experience. And I am going to especially enjoy seeing their despair once we are free.

Firuthi Dragovic

As Ahrakas and Dural discussed details about the palace the otters slept, and as they slept they dreamed.
Astigian looked down the mountain. A snowstorm was raging and the Rythulian Wayfarer he was observing was on the brink of death. He had helped this Wayfarer before at the ruins of the Ancient City, and showed him the story of how their civilization had destroyed itself in a war over resources. Him and his fellow Sages had watched and guided this pilgrim throughout his Journey to the mountain and Paradise. Now the Wayfarers steps slowed and he collapsed on the side of the mountain. Astigian and his fellow Sages used their white cloth robes to float down to where the Wayfarer lay. For a moment they all stood there, their identical white robes made it impossible to tell them apart. He looked and Tharsos nodded his head towards him. Astigian knelt down and shared his healing aura with the Wayfarer. The pilgrim floated up and together they departed up the mountain to Paradise

You had a disturbing dream. You can only recall one part. A tall figure with a golden mask led you among the dead as through a wedding celebration. You heard many voices, but no lips moved. You strained to breathe, but your chest didn't move. The tall figure spoke with each figure as he passed among them, laughing and joking, as if they were alive, but they made no reply. You tried to cry out, but without breath, your tongue fluttered in vain.

Renenutet laid coiled around the effigy of the World Tree, she knew that her time was short. Her and her fellow Elder Naga had just completed the ritual to end this reality. While there was still time she had retreated back to her home and her home city. The people here didnt worship her as a goddess but instead revered her as a great seeress. She slithered out to the balcony of her home and looked down at her people. They were celebrating and engaging in festivities to celebrate the coming of the new reality. In the city square she could see young couples engaging in courtship dances and hissing laughter filled the air. She looked up and could see the stars in the night sky going dark. She flicked her tongue out and could tell that everything was good. This reality was one of the best they had ever lived in.
And with that thought a wave of oblivion rolled over the planet, and all was nothing.

Fujin was staring at the new Vigilant recruit. He arrived shortly after her and her siblings had arrived and was around their same age. She had to admit he was really, really hot. She was scared to approach him, her social skills were really bad after being raised in isolation with only her siblings to keep her company. She sighed and went back to her sketchbooks and began drawing exotic peoples and places.
Those drawings look really nice.
Fujin looked up and was shocked to see the new recruit Raiden standing above her. She struggled with what to say next as she felt like her three hearts were racing.
Thanks.
I draw too do you want to take a look at my sketches?
He pulled out a sketchbook filled with amazing artwork.
I would love to, would you like to draw together?
I would be honored to draw with you.

They come, the twelve Dragon tribes, they come sailing on ships of starlight. My hounds shall tear upon their vessels and drag them to the maws of Azathoth. They think the are greater than us? We were born of that which was never born and shall never die. Their weapons are useless to capture a Great Old One.

Even after millions of years they still persist in their attempt to capture us. They show resilience unlike any other mortals we have encountered. But I have sown the seeds of my worship throughout their ranks. In secret some bow to me alone.

It seems now billions of years later it seems that they are making some progress, it will not help them in the long run though. They do not understand what they deal with.
A trillion years of continuous assault and they finally were able to capture me and my kin. I feel as if they will try to force us into a mortal shell and attempt to impose their mortal values upon us. They do not know that this has happened an infinite amount of times, and an infinite amount of times we have broken free. Even now their ranks are filled with those who worship their true masters.

I am going to quite enjoy this coming mortal experience. And I am going to especially enjoy seeing their despair once we are free.
It seemed that after all he had been through, Pavlin could finally enjoy a moment of peace. A positive moment in all his realities, where he could just be a healer. The fact that this only came after a moment of sacrificing mortals would prove to be a bit unsettling, but for now, he simply let this dream take its course. The fire demanded fuel, and the fire gave life in exchange. Perhaps, in the fact that his own peace only came after such sacrifice, he had gotten an inkling of his original morals.

Oriana now understood why the snake reality was one that got captured in stories. She and her fellows had done a good job that time. Perhaps not being seen as a goddess was for the best.

Fabiana, having forgotten over the ages why Raiden was so close to her, finally had some inkling. Common interests. She would have to spend much time with him. Though... something gnawed at the back of her mind. Would she still have the same interests when she was free of her mortality? She'd have to have a serious talk with Raiden once the palace business was over.

Kurt, on witnessing a piece of his original life, had a couple of dooming realizations. First... he really was meant to be combative. The pain he felt at all the fighting? The very issue that caused him to create the Convergence? That was little more than mortal values binding him. Speaking of the Convergence... the second realization he had, was that even this was doomed to fail. Even with the warning he had given Tzeentch. He would have to try, of course - mortals could only fathom so much. Third... Cosmos' ideas of empathy could only buy him and his siblings a few more eons, at best. He had recognized the attitudes of the twelve Dragon Tribes in him. They had acted like they owned the place, just like the celestial and reality dragons were doing. Yet it took a trillion years of combined effort to capture the five of them in the first place. There simply was no superior being to the five of them.

Cooper tossed and turned in his sleep. It was almost merciful that he could only grasp this part of it.

Pavlin, Oriana, and Fabiana woke up refreshed.

"Ahrakas, once you and Dural finish up... it'll be time for us to work on our thrones. I at first had an inkling that we'd have someone important come back to us... but it seems they are still not ready."

Cooper was not well rested at all. His mutterings aired in Ahrakas' direction.

"...a tall man in a gold mask... ...the voices of the dead... all around me... and myself... incapable of calling for help... is this a sign of things to come?"

Kurt woke a little troubled but still better off than Cooper.

"Well.... the whole dog thing makes sense now. It seems I really am associated with hounds after all."

He looked to Cosmos.

"Cosmos... it was twelve tribes of dragons that captured us. It took them a combined trillion years. And it seems that even when they succeeded, we still sowed the seeds of our original worship."

"We've done this cycle endlessly. They keep trying to siphon off of Azathoth. Off of our father. In that dream, I... I found myself enjoying having my hounds drag them to him. Wait.... I can say the name Azathoth and know who he is?"

Kurt suddenly stressed out. The binding really had been getting loose.

"Pavlin's pursuit of thrones is critical, a step of the ritual to safely free us. I... this is going to be nearly impossible for you to accept, but your attempt to bring us true empathy isn't going to buy us much more time before we fully revert. Maybe another eon or two, tops. We've done this song and dance infinite upon infinite amounts of times, more than the reality dragons can even pretend to fathom. From your angle, it is our time to be the villains again."

"It is still best for all involved if we see you try to break the cycle."

"Tell me more of your lineage. With the whole 'multiple multiverses' thing, I wish to know if perhaps Infinity is a herald of another multiverse, born of a being that wasn't itself born and that won't ever die, with upkeep duties that require him to maintain that being. You say you and Solaris can rewrite reality, that would mean you're extremely close to one of the overbeings. And you say Infinity is busy in another multiverse, that'd rule out him being one of the overbeings outright because if he were then he'd have no room to be unbound. Think carefully on this, Cosmos. It is quite literally your only chance at getting us to reform."

"If Infinity is not a herald... you have zero chance of getting your empathy to stick. Even then you only have a slim chance."

Last edited:

Universe

It seemed that after all he had been through, Pavlin could finally enjoy a moment of peace. A positive moment in all his realities, where he could just be a healer. The fact that this only came after a moment of sacrificing mortals would prove to be a bit unsettling, but for now, he simply let this dream take its course. The fire demanded fuel, and the fire gave life in exchange. Perhaps, in the fact that his own peace only came after such sacrifice, he had gotten an inkling of his original morals.

Oriana now understood why the snake reality was one that got captured in stories. She and her fellows had done a good job that time. Perhaps not being seen as a goddess was for the best.

Fabiana, having forgotten over the ages why Raiden was so close to her, finally had some inkling. Common interests. She would have to spend much time with him. Though... something gnawed at the back of her mind. Would she still have the same interests when she was free of her mortality? She'd have to have a serious talk with Raiden once the palace business was over.

Kurt, on witnessing a piece of his original life, had a couple of dooming realizations. First... he really was meant to be combative. The pain he felt at all the fighting? The very issue that caused him to create the Convergence? That was little more than mortal values binding him. Speaking of the Convergence... the second realization he had, was that even this was doomed to fail. Even with the warning he had given Tzeentch. He would have to try, of course - mortals could only fathom so much. Third... Cosmos' ideas of empathy could only buy him and his siblings a few more eons, at best. He had recognized the attitudes of the twelve Dragon Tribes in him. They had acted like they owned the place, just like the celestial and reality dragons were doing. Yet it took a trillion years of combined effort to capture the five of them in the first place. There simply was no superior being to the five of them.

Cooper tossed and turned in his sleep. It was almost merciful that he could only grasp this part of it.

"Ahrakas, once you and Dural finish up... it'll be time for us to work on our thrones. I at first had an inkling that we'd have someone important come back to us... but it seems they are still not ready."

"...a tall man in a gold mask... ...the voices of the dead... all around me... and myself... incapable of calling for help... is this a sign of things to come?"

"Well.... the whole dog thing makes sense now. It seems I really am associated with hounds after all."

He looked to Cosmos.

"Cosmos... it was twelve tribes of dragons that captured us. It took them a combined trillion years. And it seems that even when they succeeded, we still sowed the seeds of our original worship."

"We've done this cycle endlessly. They keep trying to siphon off of Azathoth. Off of our father. In that dream, I... I found myself enjoying having my hounds drag them to him. Wait.... I can say the name Azathoth and know who he is?"

"Pavlin's pursuit of thrones is critical, a step of the ritual to safely free us. I... this is going to be nearly impossible for you to accept, but your attempt to bring us true empathy isn't going to buy us much more time before we fully revert. Maybe another eon or two, tops. We've done this song and dance infinite upon infinite amounts of times, more than the reality dragons can even pretend to fathom. From your angle, it is our time to be the villains again."

"Tell me more of your lineage. With the whole 'multiple multiverses' thing, I wish to know if perhaps Infinity is a herald of another multiverse, born of a being that wasn't itself born and that won't ever die, with upkeep duties that require him to maintain that being. You say you and Solaris can rewrite reality, that would mean you're extremely close to one of the overbeings. And you say Infinity is busy in another multiverse, that'd rule out him being one of the overbeings outright because if he were then he'd have no room to be unbound. Think carefully on this, Cosmos. It is quite literally your only chance at getting us to reform."

"If Infinity is not a herald... you have zero chance of getting your empathy to stick. Even then you only have a slim chance."
Cosmos:”Infinity is my father I honestly don’t know”

Firuthi Dragovic

Cosmos:”Infinity is my father I honestly don’t know”
"That is a question we will leave up in the air, then."

Kurt sighed.

"Every binding before this has fallen to dust eventually. Every being who put it there, acts like they're superior to us. Every being, without fail, falls into utter despair when we break free. When we break our binding and you put the Sacred Eye on us, you and your progeny are to do everything in your power to defy that. Do not simply wait for oblivion to come."
Cosmos:”I can hear my Uncle calling for me”
"Go to him, then. One of us will keep an eye on Universe."

Universe

"That is a question we will leave up in the air, then."

Kurt sighed.

"Every binding before this has fallen to dust eventually. Every being who put it there, acts like they're superior to us. Every being, without fail, falls into utter despair when we break free. When we break our binding and you put the Sacred Eye on us, you and your progeny are to do everything in your power to defy that. Do not simply wait for oblivion to come."

"Go to him, then. One of us will keep an eye on Universe."
*Cosmos went straight to the center of the eternal wheel*

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!

He looked to Cosmos.

While most people were focused on Kurts existential crisis Ahrakas walked over to Cooper. Are you doing ok? You seem to be very distressed.

Firuthi Dragovic

While most people were focused on Kurts existential crisis Ahrakas walked over to Cooper. Are you doing ok? You seem to be very distressed.
"If it had been a dream of my original self like Kurt had, I'd be fine. No, mine was a lot more disturbing. There was a tall figure with a gold mask leading me among the dead. The dead spoke without their mouths moving. I couldn't breathe or scream. The masked man spoke to the figures without getting replies. I... remember nothing else of the dream."

Cooper shuddered.

"I worry it's a possible impediment to our collective freedom coming."

Universe

"If it had been a dream of my original self like Kurt had, I'd be fine. No, mine was a lot more disturbing. There was a tall figure with a gold mask leading me among the dead. The dead spoke without their mouths moving. I couldn't breathe or scream. The masked man spoke to the figures without getting replies. I... remember nothing else of the dream."

Cooper shuddered.

"I worry it's a possible impediment to our collective freedom coming."
“Whoa” *I almost fell off the platform again*