• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

(Commission) Selling: ($5+) Animal Charity PWYW Commissions - you show me donation receipts, I draw!

RollerRobert

Fallen Angel
Hello everyone!
I'm raising money and awareness for the Starlight Trust, a small UK charity which rescues and rehabilitates small wildlife, mainly pigeons and rodents. I am not officially affiliated.

You will donate directly to the charity, or buy from their Amazon wishlist, provide me with proof, and I will draw you an artistic freedom commission!

I can do SFW or NSFW (stranger kinks included ;P )

More info on the commissions and the charity itself here: https://www.furaffinity.net/view/41278778/

Faustus

I'd be tempted, but neither they nor their affiliates are registered charities. Given that they don't accept visitors, that really leaves no reasonable way that I can think of to confirm that it's a legitimate charity. All the references I've found on the Internet are controlled by them. Any ideas on that front?

RollerRobert

Fallen Angel
I'd be tempted, but neither they nor their affiliates are registered charities. Given that they don't accept visitors, that really leaves no reasonable way that I can think of to confirm that it's a legitimate charity. All the references I've found on the Internet are controlled by them. Any ideas on that front?
Unfortunately in England it's really difficult to get registered as a charity if your annual income is under £5,000 a year (as in, it's only considered in exceptional circumstances).

Their donation page has the option to include Gift Aid, which can be done only if they're registered as a charity for tax purposes (different than regular registration, confusing!)

I could always reach out to them and ask for proof of registration as a charity for tax purposes. I hadn't considered that they'd be doing anything other than what they said haha, they seemed genuine enough to me from the way they behaved online