• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Animation Stuff You Made

Sulfide

Resident Treadhead
I really don't have anything to contribute but everything Cerberus does is amazing

RockerFox

Meat Popsicle
I really don't have anything to contribute but everything Cerberus does is amazing
I second that; raiders of the trash is my favorite

Sulfide

Resident Treadhead
Rockoons 3 or You're the One That I Want, for me.

DeCatt

Parking Lot Enthusiast
This is a thread I've made where we can share any animation, animatics or storyboards we've made.

I'll go first, showing you this experimental video I made in Flash CS6 over a few days, to practice animation set to music.

Here is another video I made compiling 2 animatics (one 2D and one 3D).

The second one is something I just made in my first year as an Animation student.

Okay, enough of my stuff, let's see what it is any of you have.

That was terrifying.

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
Chill out TR.

I can't when he expressed his opinion in such a stupidly minimalist and useless way, instead of saying WHY it was his opinion.

Furthermore, these are things I busted my ass over for several hours in total.

You're welcome :)

Would it kill you to explain WHY you didn't like it, besides simply saying "That was terrifying.", you parking lot loving bastardization of Lord Zedd?

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Hey. Cut it out with the insults.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the animatics, it's the art itself that is lacking. Sorry but them's the breaks. You should probably focus more on the basics of drawing characters before going into something more complex like animation.

DeCatt

Parking Lot Enthusiast
Try telling DeCat that, the guy who likes shitting all over people's hard work.

Saying that I was terrified is a far cry from shitting all over something. This is simply the reaction I had.

Hey. Cut it out with the insults.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the animatics, it's the art itself that is lacking. Sorry but them's the breaks. You should probably focus more on the basics of drawing characters before going into something more complex like animation.

Why is there no This button?

I can't when he expressed his opinion in such a stupidly minimalist and useless way, instead of saying WHY it was his opinion.

Furthermore, these are things I busted my ass over for several hours in total.

Would it kill you to explain WHY you didn't like it, besides simply saying "That was terrifying.", you parking lot loving bastardization of Lord Zedd?

Ok, if you really want it explained, I found it terrifying because the anatomy was cringingly bad. Your animation is ok, just that you really need to go back to the basics of drawing. Everyone was there at some point, you have to take the good with the bad. You can certainly animate better than I ever could, I have no clue. At it's current stage (not being offensive here, just blunt), this is like a cake that tastes good but looks like a molten lump of icing. But you are giving something a go, I commend you for that.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Try telling DeCat that, the guy who likes shitting all over people's hard work.

They did not "shit all over" it, they just offered an extremely blunt opinion.

As an artist it's usually a good idea not to get too attached to the things you create.

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
Saying that I was terrified is a far cry from shitting all over something. This is simply the reaction I had.

Why is there no This button?

Ok, if you really want it explained, I found it terrifying because the anatomy was cringingly bad. Your animation is ok, just that you really need to go back to the basics of drawing. Everyone was there at some point, you have to take the good with the bad. You can certainly animate better than I ever could, I have no clue. At it's current stage (not being offensive here, just blunt), this is like a cake that tastes good but looks like a molten lump of icing. But you are giving something a go, I commend you for that.

Well then, I thank you for your input this time. ^^

But didn't you notice I at least had a good running cycle for the part before she glides down towards the lake?

They did not "shit all over" it, they just offered an extremely blunt opinion.

As an artist it's usually a good idea not to get too attached to the things you create.

I can't help that because I've developed such a passion for animation.

DeCatt

Parking Lot Enthusiast
I can't help that because I've developed such a passion for animation.

I have a passion for art. I love it to death.
I still take any and all negative criticism in a mature manner. Even when you end up doing fantastic at something there will still be people who dislike, constantly criticize and find flaws in your work. Textbook example: Van Gogh. Died an artistic failure, suicide from constant artistic scrutiny among other things. Now worth millions. Don't ever let negative stuff bring you down, but don't dismiss it either.

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
I have a passion for art. I love it to death.
I still take any and all negative criticism in a mature manner. Even when you end up doing fantastic at something there will still be people who dislike, constantly criticize and find flaws in your work. Textbook example: Van Gogh. Died an artistic failure, suicide from constant artistic scrutiny among other things. Now worth millions. Don't ever let negative stuff bring you down, but don't dismiss it either.

I'd appreciate it more if you didn't use a suicidal nutcase as an example.

A

Abbi Normal

I'd appreciate it more if you didn't use a suicidal nutcase as an example.

Because clearly people suffering from mental illness never have innate talents, or accomplish anything worth aspiring to. One of the greatest painters who ever lived is totally just some 'nutcase' you should definitely be offended to be compared to.

But that's beside the point.

For the dragon one, the first thing I noticed is that the body in the side-view doesn't look at all like the same body-type she has in the front view, and it kinda bugged me through the entire animation. As to the run cycle, I honestly couldn't even tell there was a run cycle there, it was just moving way too fast. It just looked like random flashing, and literally started to give me a headache. Some things in the animation, I could barely tell what they were. For example, I only knew that was water the whole time when she hit it and it sort-of-splashed, it took me two viewings to figure out she was playing a flute not drinking from a long tube (seriously, at first viewing I thought she was drinking a tube of Magic Cactus or poison-toad juice and the rest was her tripping. Which would have been fine, if it was what you'd intended), and I still don't know what the black thing hovering over the orange thing early in the video was supposed to be.

For the hoverbikes one, I still maintain that those simply aren't at all bike-like, more like snowmobiles or ATVs. But whatever. Also, I know it's just an animatic, but in that one bit where you see stuff beside the road instead of just the road, your bike moves around the on road, but the buildings and trees around the road stay still. Better to nip that in the bud before you go any further and get stuck with it.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake

Ryuuza-art

These are a few years old now, but they're the only things I currently have online (since other stuff I'm working on is still in progress).

These are some videos I created for a uni project, as refreshers on the basics of light settings in photography for 1st year students and beginners. I'm hoping to redo them at some point, so I can polish them up and stick them on Youtube (some parts aren't quite clear or go a bit too quickly. Also apologies in advance for the Quicktime format!).
http://ryuuza.co.uk/animation/beginners_guide_aperture_web.mov
http://ryuuza.co.uk/animation/beginners_guide_iso_web.mov
http://ryuuza.co.uk/animation/beginners_guide_shutter_speed_web.mov
You can also view the Aperture and Shutter Speed ones here if that helps.

Then these two were for a project with National Grid, explaining how metering equipment works to their clients. Working on the project was a lot more interesting than it sounds! XD
http://ryuuza.co.uk/animation/giuseppa_barresi_diaphragm_meter.mov
http://ryuuza.co.uk/animation/giuseppa_barresi_slam_shut.mov