• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anime/Manga/Weeb talk

TheCynicalViet

Currently re-reading Vagabond, Shigurui, and Oyasumi Punpun. Good stuff.

I'm also checking Redo of Healer. Gonna be honest: I'm not impressed. Seems like typical edgy isekei #10011010. I did laugh when he charged up his cock with magic and bitch slapped that girl with it. That was pretty big pimping. Other than that, if it doesn't wow me by the third episode, I'm dropping it and checking out Wonder Egg Priority instead.

EDIT: Nvm, I'm gonna re-read Franken Fran again instead.

Last edited:

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Currently re-reading Vagabond, Shigurui, and Oyasumi Punpun. Good stuff.

I'm also checking Redo of Healer. Gonna be honest: I'm not impressed. Seems like typical edgy isekei #10011010. I did laugh when he charged up his cock with magic and bitch slapped that girl with it. That was pretty big pimping. Other than that, if it doesn't wow me by the third episode, I'm dropping it and checking out Wonder Egg Priority instead.

EDIT: Nvm, I'm gonna re-read Franken Fran again instead.
How is Franken Fran? I've heard of it, but never seen and or read it.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
It's probably genred as horror because of technicality. Personally, I didn't see anything too scary about it but I guess other people would say otherwise. I'd classify it as very dark comedy rather than outright horror.
I don't normally read manga, but I'll see if it is on Comixology.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Got one more to throw on the pile.

Gon.

No, seriously, that's the name of it. Gon.

Basically, imagine a tiny, nigh-invulnerable dinosaur (the titular Gon) discovering and interacting with the natural world. And animal species more fitting the Paleolithic era.

Manga's notable because it has NO dialogue. Like, as far as I understand it, no words AT ALL. Apparently the creator doesn't consider them necessary.

The CG animated version loses this aspect, unfortunately... first couple episodes of it go "law of the wild" with the dialogue (and Gon makes a fool out of the apex predators), though I believe the only actual WORD Gon himself ever says in the animation is his own name. The dialogue comes from every other character (I presume it's much harder to hold an audience on a TV series level without dialogue).

pthhpth

Rancid Raccoon
okay so i know i'm super super late to the game, but i've been getting into jojo's bizarre adventure recently. (the manga - i don't have the attention span to sit down and watch stuff but i can take my time with reading)

anyway i'm currently on the final volume of the phantom blood arc and i swear to god every time i say "ok i'm not going to question anything that happens in this manga i'm just going to go along with the ride" something new happens and i just go "WTF". it's amazing

(pls don't spoil me for later arcs, i'm relatively spoiler-less and want to keep my reactions organic)

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
okay so i know i'm super super late to the game, but i've been getting into jojo's bizarre adventure recently. (the manga - i don't have the attention span to sit down and watch stuff but i can take my time with reading)

anyway i'm currently on the final volume of the phantom blood arc and i swear to god every time i say "ok i'm not going to question anything that happens in this manga i'm just going to go along with the ride" something new happens and i just go "WTF". it's amazing

(pls don't spoil me for later arcs, i'm relatively spoiler-less and want to keep my reactions organic)
Not gonna spoil anything, though I will say that if you like part 1, you'll LOVE part two!

zerotwo

★★★
Currently reading Hell’s Paradise and re-reading Tokyo Ghoul. Currently watching the Cells at Work series and Demon Slayer. I hardly know any anime/manga though and I wonder if anybody has any recommendations. ^^
I love horror, psychological, supernatural, action, mecha, and shounen manga/anime. I’ll probably end up reading the manga first.

I can’t remember if I posted on here already or not. :U