• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anime!!!!

Wild-Fantasy-Run

Insert Clever Answer Here
I am currently watching Ranma 1/2, I finished Slayers a few months ago. Honestly I don't like the new anime with a few exceptions, don't feel like offering examples right now. The way its made and the 3D they throw in there is fucking ugly. I am aiming to watch all the classic anime from the 90's and earlier. I dunno maybe I am just old school.

Egon1982

I am currently watching Ranma 1/2, I finished Slayers a few months ago. Honestly I don't like the new anime with a few exceptions, don't feel like offering examples right now. The way its made and the 3D they throw in there is fucking ugly. I am aiming to watch all the classic anime from the 90's and earlier. I dunno maybe I am just old school.
What about Ghibli or Wolf Children in terms of new anime or Summer Wars?

What do you think of Ninja Scroll and Akira?

Wild-Fantasy-Run

Insert Clever Answer Here
What about Ghibli or Wolf Children in terms of new anime or Summer Wars?

What do you think of Ninja Scroll and Akira?

Never heard of Ghibli or Wolf Children or Summer Wars, Something to check out. Ninja Scroll looks interesting did a quick look up to that, I have seen Akira which is a awesome classic. I remember that one fondly. Good times. I guess I am going through all the classic anime that is of interest based on bio, after Ranma I think I am going to go for berserk. I heard its cursed ohhhhhhhhh lol.

Egon1982

Never heard of Ghibli or Wolf Children or Summer Wars, Something to check out. Ninja Scroll looks interesting did a quick look up to that, I have seen Akira which is a awesome classic. I remember that one fondly. Good times. I guess I am going through all the classic anime that is of interest based on bio, after Ranma I think I am going to go for berserk. I heard its cursed ohhhhhhhhh lol.
Ghibli made My Neighbor Totoro, Castle in The Sky, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (aka Warriors of the Wind) and more.

Stadt

Eeriee the Wendigo
Wolf Children and The Boy and the Beast are two of my favorites.

I usually don't have the patience for TV series, but i do very much like FMA: Brotherhood, Wolf's Rain, and Parasyte.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Magical Girl Site is the best thing airing this season and no one can tell me otherwise. Everyone in the show besides the main character is insane, I love it. And the faces people make in it are just...
lhKOXRj.jpg

Trs1TwC.png

tumblr_p75qum167x1rk49yio2_1280.png
Please tell me someone else is watching this insanity. Its too much fun. It even has anime dog girl idol j-rock

Last edited:

Sunburst_Odell

Some weird teen on the web that likes cartoons
I don't watch a lot of anime, but I love Osomatsu-san and Angel Beats. A Silent Voice was an anime movie but was also very, very good.

Aibiki

Smol fluff artist
I have so many favorites I wouldn't know where to start naming them. @.@

But currently I'm watching Comic Girls, the new Gegege no Kitaro, the Persona 5 anime, Pretty Derby (which is more entertaining than it should be), and a couple others that I'm not quite invested in yet to name.

I also can't wait for the Yu Yu Hakusho special coming out with the new bluray set this year. <3

Z

Zamietka

Anime was a mistake yet here we are huh. I used to be a huge anime nerd since middle school and watched so many of them... And it all started with Wolf's Rain, because, obviously, wolves were so cool back then.
Who am I kidding, they still are cool.

I have so many favorites I wouldn't know where to start naming them. @.@

But currently I'm watching Comic Girls, the new Gegege no Kitaro, the Persona 5 anime, Pretty Derby (which is more entertaining than it should be), and a couple others that I'm not quite invested in yet to name.

I also can't wait for the Yu Yu Hakusho special coming out with the new bluray set this year. <3

oh hey i'm binge watching yyh right now :D halfway through the series already. Mind telling me more about the special? And psst you should consider watching a playthrough of persona 5 game if you haven't yet, it's so much better than the anime version.

Yakamaru

Å nei, cringe
Have barely watched any Anime for months..

Aibiki

Smol fluff artist
oh hey i'm binge watching yyh right now :D halfway through the series already. Mind telling me more about the special? And psst you should consider watching a playthrough of persona 5 game if you haven't yet, it's so much better than the anime version.
I don't really know much about it like how long it is gonna be, but it supposedly is about how Kurama and Hiei met. I wonder if it's just gonna be the chapters that were in the manga or if there is gonna be extra stuff. Was also doing a rewatch of the series too, only hit the Dark Tournament before I got busy with other things.

I watched my bf play through a good chunk of P5, including his many tries (and finally success) at beating the super secret boss. I might go play/watch someone play it all one day.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Most of the anime I like come from the 80s and 90s. Stuff like Dominion Tank Police/New Dominion Tank Police, Hyper Police, Dragon Ball, Outlanders, Ghost in the Shell, Vision of Escaflowne, Bubblegum Crisis, and so on.

Z

Zamietka

I don't really know much about it like how long it is gonna be, but it supposedly is about how Kurama and Hiei met. I wonder if it's just gonna be the chapters that were in the manga or if there is gonna be extra stuff. Was also doing a rewatch of the series too, only hit the Dark Tournament before I got busy with other things.

I watched my bf play through a good chunk of P5, including his many tries (and finally success) at beating the super secret boss. I might go play/watch someone play it all one day.

That still sounds fun no matter how long it will be. Just imagine seeing that gap of 25 years of animation progress between the special and main series...
Well, that's up to you ^^ I just heard that lots of people watch anime version without even looking at a game which is a shame.

Whimsycal

The whimsical clown
Well I really enjoy anime :D

Hopei

I don't watch a lot, but there where some pretty good fantasy ones last year I watched like Land of the Illustrious (Makes me look forward to where 3d animation's going), Made In Abyss
rest in peace Mitty ;-;
and The Ancient Magus' Bride. Can recommend all of them.

Aibiki

Smol fluff artist
I don't watch a lot, but there where some pretty good fantasy ones last year I watched like Land of the Illustrious (Makes me look forward to where 3d animation's going), Made In Abyss
rest in peace Mitty ;-;
and The Ancient Magus' Bride. Can recommend all of them.
I haven't watched Land of the Lustrous yet, but it's been on the list. I absolutely love the other two though. So good <3

zenmaldita

always hungry
I'm josei trash. The cruel world of an adult woman just brings me to tears every single time.
You got Nana, Paradise Kiss...Emma a Victorian Romance....Aggretsuko.

Last edited:

MrPhox

I just watch a anime that I have see in the list of Netflix and it remind me a lot of Sailor Moon!

Its weird, well draw but weird. Kinda too sweet, too positive.

Glitter force Doki Doki.

Noodles

My heart is set on Osomatsu san, the 6 identical brothers always crack me up! I also like Soul Eater, Mp100, Danganronpa and FMA

WXYZ

No longer using this site
Am trying to juggle Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, Kill La Kill, Toradora and Made in Abyss at the moment. Hopefully Evangelion 4.0 gets released soon...

Kwalla T Koala

A Koala-ty Artist
My fav anime, personally, is Welcome to the NHK. I saw it at a kind of down point in my life and related to the characters isolation and sense of failure. I own the dvd set, the manga, and the long out of print verbal novel. It's not the best animation or the most mind-blowing series but it holds a really solid place in my heart.