• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anime?

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
I hate anime.

watch venture brother's instead.
I fucking love that show! It is possible to watch both you know :3
ITT: Weeaboos.
I prefer the term "otaku." It sounds slightly less terrible, even if it means basically the same thing :V

Easier to spell as well.

B

BroadSmak

I prefer the term "otaku." It sounds slightly less terrible, even if it means basically the same thing :V

Easier to spell as well.

How is that better?

That just sounds even more weeaboo-ey..

"you're a weeaboo"
- "No, I'm an otaku"

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Oh hai, I'm an otaku

Which when I heard the term meant someone who was an anime/manga fan, and appreciated some aspects of the culture

a weeaboo is someone who is obviously not japanese but tries to act in such a manner

Fallenmink

I love you, Mr. Splashy Pants
Oh, anime.

I do not watch a lot, but the animes I do watch (or have watched), I'm an absolute fanboy for.

- Trigun;
- Hellsing/Hellsing Ultimate;
- Spice and Wolf (<3!);
- Bleach;
- Gurren motherfucking Lagann

--

It means you just like manga/anime, you're not totally obsessed with Japan in general.

Actually, it's a derogative term for geeks, or people with otherwise low social skills; shut-ins. Western anime/manga fans adopted the term to simply mean being a fan of anime/manga, more then likely out of ignorance to the stigma around the word itself. So, yeah, go ahead...call yourself an otaku.

Kellie Gator

Moral Minority
I generally hate the stuff, which is a bit weird because I've been watching it all my life. But for the last four years I grew tired of it.

There are some exceptions though.

First there's Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star. It's kinda like DBZ, but good.

Second, Shin (New) Getter Robo. I generally like the super robot anime genre that was popular in the 70's, and this faithful adaptation of the original manga is everything that anime SHOULD be, but isn't. The art style is unique, the main characters are real men and not androgynous, pussies. Also, we've got giant robots and japanese demons, what more do you need?

Third, there's Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin, aka Silver Fang. It's kind of surprising how a show about talking dogs can be so badass, so MANLY. There was a sequel, Ginga Densetsu Weed, but it sucked balls because Weed is a fucking pussy.

There are also a few good OVAs from the 80's, but generally these are the only three animes I like. I miss the era when anime could have unique visuals and not be so fucking boring.

Vintage

you're beautiful
i fell out of anime around 2005, so i don't really like that much. cowboy bebop, planetes, paranoia agent, and most of miyazaki's work i remember liking. i like grave of the fireflies, but it's a movie i watch only when i'm prepared for sadness.

also it annoys me that no one actually knows where the term weeaboo comes from.

lgnb695

this is my happy face
Really the only anime that I really like is Fullmetal Alchemist (the original and Brotherhood)

Ariosto

Third, there's Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin, aka Silver Fang. It's kind of surprising how a show about talking dogs can be so badass, so MANLY. There was a sequel, Ginga Densetsu Weed, but it sucked balls because Weed is a fucking pussy.

I'm watching it now. And yes, it's a good show. Although "manliness" from my perspective is a hilarious and unobtainable thing.