• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Another color test. Opinions appreciated.

CatTheHyena

space cadet
So I decided to try out a cat tail on my hyena sona but you can't really tell that it's even a hyena because of the style. That aside I'm trying out a more pastel color pallet. What do you guys think?
I5tO7Y3.jpg

zenmaldita

always hungry
I only knew it was a hyena because you wrote that it was. The colors can be whatever you want it to be. And this color scheme seems fine and dandy to me.
I recommend making the ears rounder and adding more spots under the eyes - on the cheekbones to make it more hyena- like. The tail is fine if you're worried about that.

It's cute! Of course, if you want it to be more easily recognized as a hyena, maybe studying what makes them anatomically different from canines or felines might help.

Overall though, it looks good. I particularly like the green on the hoodie in contrast to all the pinks. If it were digital, I might say add a bit of purple into that grey color, so it blends more, but that's a little harder with markers.

CatTheHyena

space cadet
It's cute! Of course, if you want it to be more easily recognized as a hyena, maybe studying what makes them anatomically different from canines or felines might help.

Overall though, it looks good. I particularly like the green on the hoodie in contrast to all the pinks. If it were digital, I might say add a bit of purple into that grey color, so it blends more, but that's a little harder with markers.
Yea the ears didn't come out the way I wanted xP i couldnt get them to have shape while still being round they kept ending up looking huge. and trying to make the legs look similar while still looking like they'd be funcinal for walking was difficult with the art style. I don't draw hyenas much so I've get to practice more :p

Rant

Haters Gonna Hate
Well color wise it's cute but it looks like a Savannah cat. Good thing there's a few different species of hyenas to choose from! A more, bushy, stiff haired tail may be a better fit for a hyena.