• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Another D&D thread.

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
Because of a certain overweight beagle, I'm unable to find the D&D thread. So I made a new one.

I'm basically curious if anyone had any interesting stories during their adventures.

I'll post more later.

Well if we're counting pathfinder ( I'm assuming because they're similar) there was that time in one of my ( only) games when me and El zorro had just killed a jack o lantern , covered us in pumpkin juices and mush then to add insult to injury a women ( I forgot what she was but she had control over plants and shit) appeared and caused zorro to go into a fit of coughing. Don't know why I find this amusing I just do.

Also anyone willing to let a tabletop scrub join in on their campaign? I'd be up for it as long as I could roll my neutral evil necromancer/sorcerer ( preferably on roll20)

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
In my 3.5 campaign, we encountered a landshark. We really wanted to tame it so the paladin got on it's back and the Druid (me) used Wild Empathy to try to calm it.

Rolled a 19

I understood it was very hungry and would rather eat us then be our mount. After some bickering, we decided we don't have the resources to keep it. So I used Wild Empathy to try to scare it away even though our DM warned that the odds were not in my favor.

Natural 20...

My druid let out a primal roar which made it flee. Did I mention that he has a Charisma of 4?

Last edited:
The campaign I'm in, our group is in the range of good and neutral. Plus our pally will probably not approve. Sorry.

To be honest my current group ( who due to many issues have been unable to show up in the last few months) were mainly good and neutral but oh well , no point being evil if there's a paladin on my back every time leave a child in a burning orphanage :V

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
To be honest my current group ( who due to many issues have been unable to show up in the last few months) were mainly good and neutral but oh well , no point being evil if there's a paladin on my back every time leave a child in a burning orphanage :V
Our samurai npcs left us after almost killing the paladin for trying to arrest them for murdering a peasant that was under employment of samurai thugs who managed to break our npc's prized katana. So yeah.

Our samurai npcs left us after almost killing the paladin for trying to arrest them for murdering a peasant that was under employment of samurai thugs who managed to break our npc's prized katana. So yeah.
Heh I see your point , although it would be fun to screw around with him abit , ya know pretend there was a child in the deep dark catacombs lost , he rushes down to save it only to find , I don't know , a lich or a small army of skeletons. Heh , for the record I'd probably never do alot of this stuff for fear of screwing everyone else over and pissing them off , no I'd be quiet and subtle.

Oh for funny little stories there was a time I was trying to kill a sunken brawler with ray of first but instead I cooled a mug of beer. Are ranger instantly called dibs on it.

Greg

Striata
So I've been meaning to get into tabletop RPGs (two of my flatmates play) and a situation came up that sounded really cool.

Say a character is able to incite chaos but the act itself is by following a set of rules, moral guidelines. The act is designed to take down those corrupt with power and restore balance, so the means are ultimately supposed to be for the better. I figure the character is good but I'm not sure which kind. Are they chaotic due to their execution, neutral because of their motivations or good because of the moral strictures they believe in?

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
So I've been meaning to get into tabletop RPGs (two of my flatmates play) and a situation came up that sounded really cool.

Say a character is able to incite chaos but the act itself is by following a set of rules, moral guidelines. The act is designed to take down those corrupt with power and restore balance, so the means are ultimately supposed to be for the better. I figure the character is good but I'm not sure which kind. Are they chaotic due to their execution, neutral because of their motivations or good because of the moral strictures they believe in?

Chaotic Good is when you act in what you believe is right even if it breaks the law, like a vigilante.

Anyway, our DM banned Savage Species cause one player made a half-bat half-toad druid with 48 Wisdom at level 1. Lately, we're helping that player make broken as fuck PCs to wipe out some metagaming/cheating assholes in a different campaign.

Last edited:

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
I'd love to play dnd some time.... i still haven't gotten a try of it.
I'd love to join in on a FAF campaign if we ever do one

I'd love to play dnd some time.... i still haven't gotten a try of it.
I'd love to join in on a FAF campaign if we ever do one

Technically we did have one at one point but sadly the gm can't show up for the next few months so it sortra fell dead in the water. But yeah I would love to give pathfinder / DnD another swing.

ElZorroValdez

Milk Bar Regular
Got to live one of my dreams in my group's last session.

So our party was tasked with a search and rescue mission for an expedition team that got lost in some troll-infested, magically shifting mountain range. This area is a notorious place for getting folks lost, because it will turn you around frequently; especially anyone without proper knowledge of how to handle it. It was also the location of an old abandoned dwarf city, hidden in the "safety" of the mountains. The party spent a few days to reach it, and two more navigating the winding and ever-shifting roads. We come across the bodies of a couple of dying trolls, noting that whatever they fought wasn't the expedition team, because the wounds looked like something larger had gored them.

After lighting the bodies on fire we found a cave nearby with remnants of climbing gear scattered about at the mouth, voices lightly echoing from within. We check inside and find two elves huddled in the end, one of them seemingly gone mad from the whole ordeal as he was babbling incoherently for a while until our bard managed to calm him down. We asked them about the rest of their team to hear that of the eight that ventured in, they were the last ones, then we questioned what happened to them.

As soon as we ask, a boulder comes tumbling down from above, crushing my character and our mage. The next thing we know, a fossil golem comes climbing out from where the boulder fell bringing a rock slide with it. The bard casts a spell to increase his movement speed and nopes the fuck outta there, our fighter trips while trying to avoid the falling rocks and gets caught in the slide along with one of the expedition members while the remaining one escaped. They remained stuck in the mountains until our next session, which in-game was two and a half weeks before another search party was accompanied by the GM's girlfriend (she missed out due to work, luckily for her) and our re-rolled characters.

TL;DR Rocks fall, everyone dies. Well, everyone but the bard. Lucky bastard.

Last edited:

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
Got to live one of my dreams in my group's last session.

So our party was tasked with a search and rescue mission for an expedition team that got lost in some troll-infested, magically shifting mountain range. This area is a notorious place for getting folks lost, because it will turn you around frequently; especially anyone without proper knowledge of how to handle it. It was also the location of an old abandoned dwarf city, hidden in the "safety" of the mountains. The party spent a few days to reach it, and two more navigating the winding and ever-shifting roads. We come across the bodies of a couple of dying trolls, noting that whatever they fought wasn't the expedition team, because the wounds looked like something larger had gored them.

After lighting the bodies on fire we found a cave nearby with remnants of climbing gear scattered about at the mouth, voices lightly echoing from within. We check inside and find two elves huddled in the end, one of them seemingly gone mad from the whole ordeal as he was babbling incoherently for a while until our bard managed to calm him down. We asked them about the rest of their team to hear that of the eight that ventured in, they were the last ones, then we questioned what happened to them.

As soon as we ask, a boulder comes tumbling down from above, crushing my character and our mage. The next thing we know, a fossil golem comes climbing out from where the boulder fell bringing a rock slide with it. The bard casts a spell to increase his movement speed and nopes the fuck outta there, our fighter trips while trying to avoid the falling rocks and gets caught in the slide along with one of the expedition members while the remaining one escaped. They remained stuck in the mountains until our next session, which in-game was two and a half weeks before another search party was accompanied by the GM's girlfriend (she missed out due to work, luckily for her) and our re-rolled characters.

TL;DR Rocks fall, everyone dies. Well, everyone but the bard. Lucky bastard.

Your GM is a creative bastard.

P

pastelpawpads

five minutes into our first session, we're in a tavern (of course) and one of our players attempts to talk to one of the locals. rolls a 1, starts a bar fight. two people are killed

But my favorite character in our party is a halfling bard with the strength of 5 and something like +18 charisma. As a bard, for his act, he freestyles poorly written nsfw fanfiction and is always immensely successful with npcs

Shinzu

One time I was playing with my uncle, and 3 of my cousins. 2 of them bailed out halfway through an adventure so I was given one of their kobolds to play. He had this move where if you landed on an even you could keep attacking, and you rolled like a 4d6 for damage. One part of the adventure, the cousin that was left accidentally activated every single trap in the dungeon, which a bunch of hobgoblins heard. My kobold, being the only one left alive, kept rolling evens. There was no rule as to how long this move could go and I hit a stroke of luck and somehow managed to kill all 3 hobgoblins and a bunch of other kobolds.

The only other interesting adventure I've done is a 13th Age my uncle was running. My character was the daughter of a teifling sucubus NPC and ran away from home with a hell rat she was supposed to kill because she was compassionate, something her mom didn't want. So she's trying to find friends and finds two people (the other players) about to get married and successfully makes a spell to force their friendship onto her and the spell starts fading as the adventure goes on which eventually leads to 'wait, who are you??' toward my teifling.

Togaryuman

O man one of my favorite short tales in this game is that my friends and I were just going to be getting the party together for the first time and so none of us had truly met. My character at the time was a 16ft long water serpent that was at the old age of 2 years old, holding only 2 in INT and 20 in CHR at the start he was the best dumb guy to have around to sell things which was his job at the time. Due to his size and appearance he hides it under a tent and also covers himself in every knick knack there is on the tent becoming a walking store, some items include 2 canoes on his back and over 45 spears (we rolled pretty high for gold) After meeting up with the first member being a Gnoll rouge (yay I know) I had convince him to help me steal from the houses nearby and get some cool loot. It was all going well, I would talk to the people distract them and he would jump in and steal. Bad part is one of these places was a Blacksmiths our next party members house and my Char was getting pretty tired of being left out of stealing so he thought he could jump this whole story up and get in to steal as well,. He weighs about 500 pounds and is 16ft long so it was a slim chance but I still rolled the chance of getting up there, nope instead I roll a 1 critically failing the task and in my words “The busy Giant blacksmith is clanging on his anvil till all the sudden a pounding is heard, it gets louder till a crash is followed by a massive unknown creature now through your wall, he is knocked out and seems to have a rather large tail.”, in response the Giant takes his bottle of ale, chugs it, vomits on me passes out on an anvil and my Gnoll partner steals the gold and gets out of there, the party except the Gnoll all started the adventure naked and with no equipment. Truly we knew an adventure had begun.

This is why I love D&D (4e, not a fan of 3.5e or 5e)