• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Another "Hello Im new" thread : Hello, I'm new !

Klox

Rollling Tumbling along
You'll never guess what : I'm new here ! Nice to meet you !

The name's Klox, they, 20s. I like many things ! Like foxes, crows, putting too much emoji everywhere, possum, useless anecdotes, manga n retro music, jumping from one point to another whithout transition or connection, and other incredible stuff. I dont like drama or nastiness< I'm open to friendly chat ! I'm mainly drawn to the furry community for the incredible art :cool: Id love to get better at it myself but Im lazy-well laziness doesnt really exist but you got my point, hence this account : i hope itll motivate me to draw more~

My natural is more watching than participating, thats why i spent so many years lurking but never got an account. I've never been in a forum and I dont even do social media accounts, so lets say ♠️Im little lost ♠️
♥️If somebody have a "you dont understand anything" thread I can check, youll have my eternal gratitude ♥️ For example : i tried to answer a "shout" on my page but it just made another shout ; i tried to upload a drawing but the size is a little weird when it appear on my gallery ; whats a scraps anyway ; i tried to upload an avatar on the not-forum site and the quality is horrible ; i see a lot of art in the browser with obscur term like YCH or auctions... Until now my travel is a succession of failures ♣️ but like naruto, i never give up ! Believe it. Unless i become hokage, in which case i give up on all my ideals <3

Anyway, nice to meet you ! Let's get along~

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf
Welcome to the forum, mate.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
Welcome to our little corner of the net.

Pull up a chair, everyone here is pretty chill and will be happy to help out.
:)

Klox

Rollling Tumbling along
This is Scylla Bradanksa, she is one of my major villains in my story. She's my mascot villain's sister.
She seems like a scary lady Owo Hope i wont live in her city anytime soon !
Welcome to our little corner of the net.

Pull up a chair, everyone here is pretty chill and will be happy to help out.
Nice ! I think i will need help a lot haha. Is there a place to ask stupid questions about how the website works ? Like, really basic stuff lol.

Come to Anthrodex, it's much better.
I just checked it, it seems cool too ! I will probably create an account there then. Thanks !

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
She seems like a scary lady Owo Hope i wont live in her city anytime soon !

Nice ! I think i will need help a lot haha. Is there a place to ask stupid questions about how the website works ? Like, really basic stuff lol.
Yep!
Ask me
:D

Klox

Rollling Tumbling along
Yep!
Ask me
:D
Thank you !! Well i just got two : from what i understood, you put the "nice", finished drawing in your gallery, and the sketch or other things you're not particularly fond of in your scraps right ? are the scraps available in the main browse page ?
And also ! What is the norm to show appreciation on art here ? I dont have a lot of favorites bc i dont want to have hundred of art on my page, but i want to show the artist I loved their work so i put comments ! But generally i dont see any comment on art, but i see lot of favorites :confused: Is it strange to leave com ?

Thanks for your patience <(_ _*)>

Hey, new! Im mom!

Enjoy your stay! We're happy to have you
Hi mom, I'm New !
Thank you for your kindness (・ω・)ノ i like your icon !

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
Thank you !! Well i just got two : from what i understood, you put the "nice", finished drawing in your gallery, and the sketch or other things you're not particularly fond of in your scraps right ? are the scraps available in the main browse page ?
And also ! What is the norm to show appreciation on art here ? I dont have a lot of favorites bc i dont want to have hundred of art on my page, but i want to show the artist I loved their work so i put comments ! But generally i dont see any comment on art, but i see lot of favorites :confused: Is it strange to leave com ?

Thanks for your patience <(_ _*)>
I don't believe scraps are visible on the main page but they are visible to people who follow you.

I don't think there are any rules with regards to showing appreciation. A fave in my mind is 'I like this and I'm going to share it.' Comments are a step up, usually saying what you particularly like about a picture. There is the 'shinies' system as well where you can send an artist actual real monies tips. But do what feels right to you all artists love feedback.
(Hope that helps)

The_biscuits_532

Sneaky rainforest kitty
I don't believe scraps are visible on the main page but they are visible to people who follow you.

I don't think there are any rules with regards to showing appreciation. A fave in my mind is 'I like this and I'm going to share it.' Comments are a step up, usually saying what you particularly like about a picture. There is the 'shinies' system as well where you can send an artist actual real monies tips. But do what feels right to you all artists love feedback.
(Hope that helps)
Scraps also come up on recent uploads (and by extension the front page), from what I remember. My first upload was in scraps and it got around, 5 views immediately despite me not having any followers yet.

Hound-of-chulainn

Welcome aboard! I've seen people use scraps so sort their gallery. it doesn't show up on the main gallery page, but it shows up in folders, so if you do different kinds of art, you can organize them into folders.

Klox

Rollling Tumbling along
Thank you for your answers ! Yeah it helps a lot :)

I'm going to keep drawing to have a little more submission to show, and then maybe i could do different folders XD I begin in digital drawing and its so different than traditional drawing (*´Д`)=3・・・ Does anybody here do digital ? how long does it take to be as comfortable with digital as with tradi :3 ?
I have a few ideas still and then I'm going to search a thread for prompts, just to have some ideas and keep drawing ! i saw there were some of them.

Hound-of-chulainn

Thank you for your answers ! Yeah it helps a lot :)

I'm going to keep drawing to have a little more submission to show, and then maybe i could do different folders XD I begin in digital drawing and its so different than traditional drawing (*´Д`)=3・・・ Does anybody here do digital ? how long does it take to be as comfortable with digital as with tradi :3 ?
I have a few ideas still and then I'm going to search a thread for prompts, just to have some ideas and keep drawing ! i saw there were some of them.
I've been doing different styles since I was in highschool, but ever since college I stopped doing traditional art because ctrl + z is wonderful and paint is expensive. I'm not super confident with my art still, I mostly did environmental art, so my anatomy skills and such aren't on par with my backgrounds. They say you need 10,000 hours to master a skill, but honestly, just find something you like about every piece and you'll slowly start to feel more comfortable about your art. If you just focus on what you need to improve on, you'll feel like you're not going anywhere and it burns you out.

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
안녕 반가워! 포럼에 온 걸 환영해! >w<
(Hello (and) nice to meet you! Welcome to the forums!)

It's nice to see another new face who's around my age! (while it's a humble assumption XP)

About YCHs and Adpotions:
YCH means Your Character Here, which means the artists are willing to feature your specified character under certain conditions, depending on their individually mentioned factors!

Adoption means the provider is willing to hand you over their design on characters(mostly) or tools etc.

About both, whether it's free or requires certain conditions depends on individual factors, as well!

Aight! If you have any more questions, I'll help you as long as my knowledge offers! UwU

Enjoy your stay, and have fun! Meowies!

Klox

Rollling Tumbling along
I didnt check here in a while !! thanks for the new answers !!

I've been doing different styles since I was in highschool, but ever since college I stopped doing traditional art because ctrl + z is wonderful and paint is expensive. I'm not super confident with my art still, I mostly did environmental art, so my anatomy skills and such aren't on par with my backgrounds. They say you need 10,000 hours to master a skill, but honestly, just find something you like about every piece and you'll slowly start to feel more comfortable about your art. If you just focus on what you need to improve on, you'll feel like you're not going anywhere and it burns you out.
i like your art, the colours are really eye-catching !! so its been a little more than one month since i began to seriously digipaint, and i must agree with you ctrl+z is REALLY wonderful lol. Im beginning to get more and more familiarized with my software tools, and even tho i still dont know what half of it is im slowly beginning to not be frustrated with what i cant do and happy with what i can do ! except for sketches. honestly sketch on papers take me 30mn to 1h, and on digital always more than 1.30h each time (legs are my nemesis. how the fck do legs work)... im going to try to do sketch on papers, take photo of it, put it on my computer, and then work on it with my software >:3 maybe itll work !!

Bonjour!

L'art est magnifique!
Merci beaucoup ToT and thanks for following me, you're my first here (´ ω `♡) im goign to keep drawing to make lot of magnifique art haha !!

안녕 반가워! 포럼에 온 걸 환영해! >w<
(Hello (and) nice to meet you! Welcome to the forums!)

It's nice to see another new face who's around my age! (while it's a humble assumption XP)

About YCHs and Adpotions:
YCH means Your Character Here, which means the artists are willing to feature your specified character under certain conditions, depending on their individually mentioned factors!

Adoption means the provider is willing to hand you over their design on characters(mostly) or tools etc.

About both, whether it's free or requires certain conditions depends on individual factors, as well!

Aight! If you have any more questions, I'll help you as long as my knowledge offers! UwU

Enjoy your stay, and have fun! Meowies!
안녕 반가워!!
yay samish age ! lets huddle like penguins ⊂( ̄▽ ̄)⊃

thanks for the vocabulary ! i began to understand it after a while. there're so many ych and adopt on furry !!