• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anthro reptiles with breasts?

Drake Ukkonen

Prankster and Protector
Speaking of your avi I know you from somewhere.. (not fa)...

Rarely am I.

If it's this licky one, I'm not sure, I've only really used it here. Today is when I started to spread out to other sites. The licky avatar is pretty common in general over at DA, though.

DarkShadow777

Always looking to improve!!!
Yeah I was talking about the inconsistency of arguing logic about fictional funny animals and pointed out that it's silly to complain about reptile boobies if you're gonna have rainbow tongued avatars, blue squirrels and animals you find in a box of food coloring ridden Lucky Charms...

Fair enough

May I add that anyway, anthros are beyond "standard" logic? I mean, Anthros doesn't exist, therefore are lots of theries that give support for them in a universe of "What if..."
May breasts in avians and reptiles be somewhat a genetic aberration? Similar anatomy explanations say that about human breasts... In some books they mention female breasts as "mamary glandes atrophy" during puberty... (It may be inverse, IIRC)...

Anyway, it's like discussing is Santa Claus exists and if he has a 8 inch penis...

Falaffel

If it's this licky one, I'm not sure, I've only really used it here. Today is when I started to spread out to other sites. The licky avatar is pretty common in general over at DA, though.
I think it was steam....
We must talk privately now using publicly displayed visitor messages.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
I just had another thought on this. Reptile breasts look really weird depending on what scales are covering them. If they have scales like this going across them, the distortion of the lines (of the scales) looks strange. If they had these scales, though, it would probably look okay, or at least less weird.

I don't really look for this kind of stuff though, so I'm not sure. XD
Well depending on the level of detail the scales may not be drawn. They could just have a 'leathery skin' look in which case the texture of the boobs wouldn't rly be different.

ADF

If people make an issue of breasts on reptiles, should that change aren't they just the sort that are going to move onto the next thing to nitpick? Are reptile furries going to have to relinquish their mammal genitals for cloaca in the name of realism? Maybe they have to stop talking because lizards don't really have lips that can articulate words...

If people make an issue of breasts on reptiles, should that change aren't they just the sort that are going to move onto the next thing to nitpick? Are reptile furries going to have to relinquish their mammal genitals for cloaca in the name of realism? Maybe they have to stop talking because lizards don't really have lips that can articulate words...

OOOOOOOOOOH He gotchu dere dawg!!! O{}O
But these sort of questions really do only seem to pop up when it's about a sexual organ. Nothing else and I believe it's been pointed out.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Fair enough

May I add that anyway, anthros are beyond "standard" logic? I mean, Anthros doesn't exist, therefore are lots of theries that give support for them in a universe of "What if..."
May breasts in avians and reptiles be somewhat a genetic aberration? Similar anatomy explanations say that about human breasts... In some books they mention female breasts as "mamary glandes atrophy" during puberty... (It may be inverse, IIRC)...

Anyway, it's like discussing is Santa Claus exists and if he has a 8 inch penis...

Well I keep pointing out the belly button example. People draw belly buttons on anthro reptiles. It makes little sense because a belly button is a result of an umbilical cord for mammals. Since reptiles hatch from eggs, why would an anthro reptile have live birth. That doesn't mean there are no reptiles in current nature that do not give live birth, because in fact there are a few. However, not too many artists or furries probably did their research on which do - and chose animals that would look cool in a humanoid form.

Besides that, why is it ok for rainbow colored animals to exist where they pretty much wouldn't in nature? Purple fox, blue bears, rainbow colored zebras...

When people talk about on the other hand, believable sense of anatomy, it's mostly that you don't want your proportions of a particular furry creature to look off. You still need to have a design sense where the creature looks like it could exist in the realm you created it for. So in cases of broken anatomy, it doesn't fly because it is visually jarring and people have some understanding of when human anatomy looks wrong. That or the design looks off.

It's kind of like how people watching Star Trek will believe that every danger is effected by the space time continuum, transporters are possible, and so is warp since they disproved Einstein's theory. However, fans will pitch a shitfit because the number of pips (which denote rank) are once again wrong on Transporter Chief Miles O'Brian's uniform.

Haystack

Sushi Doom
although breasts are RL-illogical for reptilian species, they sure are fun to look at, so I don't really mind the dissonance.
could possibly take them as an offshoot of traditional reptiles that had edged more towards mammalian features.

one of my old furry buds is a dragon -- but he's a mammalian dragon, so he has nipples and it makes more sense in RL terms.

although breasts are RL-illogical for reptilian species, they sure are fun to look at, so I don't really mind the dissonance.

This.

Why is this still a discussion? Why are we still arguing over this? It really doesn't fucking matter in any way. Christ almighty. It's not that big of a deal.

Haystack

Sushi Doom
it really isn't a big deal, especially for someone like me, who actively spits in the face of realism in favor of fantasy fun.

jack the natural order! have fun, and don't be so damned uptight about what's "right".

(grr... replying to, and agreeing with Saliva, here... I messed up the reply on this one.)

Last edited:

FluffMouse

*Crawls into traffic*
I don't get the point of being logical when it comes to anthros. If it looks good, you go for it. I've seen very few 6 titted mammals running around the fandom. Even so, if an art piece is going to be sexual in nature, I prefer more human characteristics there.. as I'm attracted to humans. :|

DarkShadow777

Always looking to improve!!!
Well I keep pointing out the belly button example. People draw belly buttons on anthro reptiles. It makes little sense because a belly button is a result of an umbilical cord for mammals. Since reptiles hatch from eggs, why would an anthro reptile have live birth. That doesn't mean there are no reptiles in current nature that do not give live birth, because in fact there are a few. However, not too many artists or furries probably did their research on which do - and chose animals that would look cool in a humanoid form...

In that regard, I must agree fully, a belly button in a reptile has no sense... that and maybe rainbow color furries... but meh... colored furries are even done by Nintendo (Krystal everyone?)

I see where you are going, indeed I wanted to support your previous post, not arguing it, just adding some sort of explanation for a reptile with breasts... If this creatures really existed on reality, they surely wouldn't look like they are on drawings or paintings... maybe different. I don't remember if it was you or anyone else talking about ditigrade furries being completelly off in reality because of their spine not supporting their leg configuration (ans S-esque spine cannot work with digitrade furris, but a C-shaped one)

Just my two cents ;)

Yakamaru

Spookdogg
I've seen boobs on everything from beer cans to fucking furniture. If it can work on on bloody furniture they sure as hell can work on anthro reptiles.

AniwayasSong

I've seen boobs on everything from beer cans to fucking furniture. If it can work on on bloody furniture they sure as hell can work on anthro reptiles.
Since most of the Furry Fandom is guys, and since most guys have a fixation on breasts?
:)
There's a bit of fun to be had 'Anthropomorphizing' different species. By default it's a meld of different anatomies and species. That liberty is part of the allure if ya ask me!
Now, reptiles with mammaries? Hell, look at it from the standpoint of one helluva story outline?!
Wasn't that long ago, folks didn't believe mammals had pouches, or laid eggs. Take yer *BOWS*, Australia/other terrains!

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
This topic shall be one of the eternally debatable topics within the furry fandom. It always intrigues me! OwO

By the way, that one comic I saw somewhere in Korean community--ambiguously NSFW wordings included(so I'll skip them all)--starring a human character(likely the sona of the artist) and the famous Suspiciously Wealthy Furry character.

The human was picking with this exact topic, then the SWFur appears and later says something like "Breasts is hope, desire, and the reason of existence for us who draw them--No matter the species, no matter the biology."
The human eventually had a handshake with the SWFur, "Sir, you're right!" XD

It gave me some smiles >w<

Other than that, in my opinion: Each to their own!
I won't mind whether people lean more or less to biology on those breast'ed characters whose species don't have em. Cuz after all--as it's already been told before me in this thread--the concept of the anthropomorphic animal itself is already 'unreal'. UwU

Last edited:

kelliegator

I think it depends on the context. My fursona has boobs, 'cause she's supposed to be me and I like my boobs.

But for a fictional universe I'm working on the reptile anthros don't have boobs, because... there's really no narrative reason for it. So there you go.