• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anthrocon's staff trolling FurAffinity and Preyfar, apparently they have no shame

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Giza should be ashamed of himself. If he keeps it up, no one's going to want to go to Anthrocon anymore. I mean it is only Dragoneer right now, but what is to stop him from insulting other people? Or to insult every furry in the world? He needs to quit with the insults and worry about his own business. What Dragoneer does is his business not Giza's. That's all I have to say on the subject.

While I think it's perfectly fair to question Giza's actions, I think it's not helpful to exaggerate the situation. Anthrocon is a very large and "staple" con meaning it has made its mark and until something goes horribly wrong, the actions of this one person doesn't actually affect that many people's consumer decisions as to whether or not they'll go. There are furries that are probably not even on FA that attend Anthrocon and don't really care about the drama or attacks between Dragoneer and Giza.

This is not the big slippery slope argument to use.

Shark_the_raptor

I'm in love with a pizza.
While I think it's perfectly fair to question Giza's actions, I think it's not helpful to exaggerate the situation. Anthrocon is a very large and "staple" con meaning it has made it's mark and until something goes horribly wrong, the actions of this one person doesn't actually affect that many people's consumer decisions as to whether or not they'll go. There are furries that are probably not even on FA that attend Anthrocon and don't really care about the between Dragoneer and Giza.

This is not the big slippery slope argument to use.

Yes, you are right. I don't know much about Anthrocon so yeah I guess I exaggerated it. Good points.

Last edited:

nobuyuki

sounds like standard fare furry drama to me. Maybe they had seen something about Dragoneer / heard it from a friend that triggered the drama llama inside them and felt that a little slandering was in order. Regardless of that, nobody really knows what fortunes we may find within the course of 5 years, so I don't understand why this "Giza" person would want to burn their bridges by talking shit and disrespecting someone out of the blue unless they were seriously slighted and the matter went unresolved.

After all, a lot of us posting in this thread remember dragoneer from before he was even a moderator on FA, let alone the big cheese (or even a top admin), and none of us as far as I know have gotten into a stink over it 8)

Fortunes change, and people grow up. Others, apparently, don't :T

Lenny

The clear solution is a cage match a'la Lowtax and Uwe Boll. Provided they fight in full suits, I'll attend and videotape it for Bullshido.net.

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
I suppose he 's lately getting envious about how much FA grows(thanks to dragoneer and his efforts )

Without some of the staff who are skilled on the technical side of things (for example), FA would not be here today, have no doubt. Without everyone who uses the site, who posts stories, music, artwork, photographs, there would be no content and nothing worth using the site for.

Furaffinity, it's more than one person, it's an entire community! :)

omnibahumut

Furry Drama llamas!

I try to consider every side of an argument before passing judgement. Regardless of what I know of this situation, I can step back and look at whats going on.

Clearly in that thread, Giza wasn't the only one with a problem with preyfar/dragoneer. Also, dragoneer clearly deleted posts, which IS suspicious.

But if what dragoneer says here is true, then its just dragoneer and giza not getting along like they haven't been for the past 5 years.

Edit:
Also, the jumping to conclusions thing is kind of annoying. I know Giza pretty well, and dragoneer and giza have had their problems in the past. Its not coming out of left field, except for the fact that its been quite some time since they've even acknowledged each other.

Last edited:

Lenny

Yeah... no. I just want to move on.

Nonsense, think of the marketing potential! The Bullshido crew could scare up a ring and local training and the furs could help out with expenses. I'm thinking two matches; you versus Giza at AC, then Verix takes on Uncle Kage at FAU - with the undercard provided by me fighting Lord Asia in a pair of fox ears. If I can locate the guy with the portable ring who used to post in YMAS it could even happen at the convention itself.

This is the best idea ever and absolutely must come to pass.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Also, dragoneer clearly deleted posts, which IS suspicious.
Yes, I did delete two posts. I spoke without thinking and wrote out of frustration. People tend to say things they don't meant when angry, and Giza's comments were insulting without provocation, and naturally I didn't take them well.

Grimfang

Regardless of any drama, it does turn me off a bit to AnthroCon. I've canceled my spot there, but I already had that planned.

I <3 my FurAffinity staff, and if I could've hit one con this year, it would've been FA:U.

But I think this is best left alone. If Giza's gonna bitch about someone he fell onto bad terms with years back, then let it be. To have others hopping in and taking a stance against Giza over this would just make for an ugly drama. Let him rot in the loathsome grudge he can't let go off..

omnibahumut

Yes, I did delete two posts. I spoke without thinking and wrote out of frustration. People tend to say things they don't meant when angry, and Giza's comments were insulting without provocation, and naturally I didn't take them well.

Still could have left a comment though... reposted, or even leave the post, and reply to yourself saying what you said just now.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Still could have left a comment though... reposted, or even leave the post, and reply to yourself saying what you said just now.
Probably, but given the nature of the journal and the unprovoked hostility I didn't see it as making any sort of difference at the time.

omnibahumut

Probably, but given the nature of the journal and the unprovoked hostility I didn't see it as making any sort of difference at the time.

=\ It would've...

I'm going to stop here though, before I burn any bridges. I don't like to see this sort of thing happen with any of my friends, so I felt the need to step in. Here's to hoping it won't happen in the future.

P.S. I graduate from AIPH on the 13th :)

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
I graduate from AIPH on the 13th :)
Congrats. If there's anything I can do to help let me know. I still have quite a few contacts from my run through the industry. Animation major, I take it? Or Graphic Design?

I'm re-working my portfolio right now myself.

cesarin

Famous Huggable Dragon
Without some of the staff who are skilled on the technical side of things (for example), FA would not be here today, have no doubt. Without everyone who uses the site, who posts stories, music, artwork, photographs, there would be no content and nothing worth using the site for.

Furaffinity, it's more than one person, it's an entire community! :)

hu, dave... you're a moderator only right?
but the real thing is.. who kept most staff united when they were going into the drama phase when arcturus was taken down?
who tried to take down FA many times in vengeance yet dragoneer kept pushing it?
who keeps pushing the money to keep FA running when there arent donations??
for the most part, I've seen the coders doing a great job, but witouth someone who can actually keep them focused and with a line of sight of what to do.... I dont think they would be still here...

Oni

Nonsense, think of the marketing potential! The Bullshido crew could scare up a ring and local training and the furs could help out with expenses. I'm thinking two matches; you versus Giza at AC, then Verix takes on Uncle Kage at FAU - with the undercard provided by me fighting Lord Asia in a pair of fox ears. If I can locate the guy with the portable ring who used to post in YMAS it could even happen at the convention itself.

This is the best idea ever and absolutely must come to pass.
*Seconds your cause!*

"LLLLLEEeeeEEEEEeTTSS GET READY TO RUUUUUUMMMBBBLLLLLEEEEE!"

Dragoneer the Destroyer Vs Giza the Ferocious

mapdark

Fluffy as a shaggy carpet
Duncanfox ,

I think it's ironic that you talk of maturity and everything and Giza's supposed lack of.

But since when is it mature to dig up old shit and create drama?

You're a joke .

I don't care if Giza and Preyfar are having problems with each other and it will have NO impact on if I'm going to a convention or not .

I don't know how old you are but I think it's about time you grow out of the whole "meangirls" period of your life , to stop gossiping like a teenage girl and mind your own life.

I'm not taking any party in this affair because it's ridiculous.

codewolf

RBW Con Staff
Duncanfox ,

<< SOME STUFF >>

I'm not taking any party in this affair because it's ridiculous.
o_O actually with what you just posted you are bang slap in the middle of it .....

however, as dragoneer has said himself..he just wants to move on, so therefore i am locking this topic...any problems with this please PM me.

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
hu, dave... you're a moderator only right?

Administrator.

who tried to take down FA many times in vengeance yet dragoneer kept pushing it?
who keeps pushing the money to keep FA running when there arent donations??

Who originally founded/created Fur-affinity or furpawz.net? who was on staff on iteration 1.0? who has donated large sums of money and/or time to it? Various people have all contributed lots of money, time, expertise and so on. Lest we forget them.

Furaffinity is the sum total of all the people who (have) use(d) it, who contribute, work on, donate to and all that and I think it can give a misleading picture to focus to much on one person. FA doesn't really have a rival at the moment for what if offers, which is a sort of "passive" reason for it's success I guess.

TORA

Banned
Banned
Completely amazing. This is what I sent to Kage after I was linked to this. (I have removed my and Preyfar's e-mails, but left Kage's in there just in case you want to write to him.)

Tora said:
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 15:26:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Some defaming words to Preyfar (Dragoneer) from an AC staff member?
To: "Dr. Samuel Conway" <ceo@anthrocon.org>
CC: "Preyfar"

Uncle Kage:

This was sent to me from someone via IM. Apparently, Giza is con staff and said some pretty defaming things about Preyfar, after he served our country for almost a year and about the entire FA community.

As part of the FA community, I take offense to what Giza has said about Preyfar as well as FA in general. I believe Preyfar has even bought a sponsorship to AC this year and is considering not going because of this staff member's rude comments.

I humbly ask you to check the FA forum link below to see what I saw as quite unprofessional for a staff member. As you can see, a few of FA members are "protesting" going to AC because of it.

http://forums.furaffinity.net/showthread.php?p=404980

Thank you.

Growly / TORA

This was his response:

Kagemushi said:
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 17:38:48 -0500
To: "TORA"
Subject: Re: Some defaming words to Preyfar (Dragoneer) from an AC staff member?
CC: "Preyfar"

Giza's opinions are his own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Anthrocon, Inc. Since he was not speaking in an official capacity nor did he invoke his position as an Anthrocon staff member, I do not see why Anthrocon has been involved in this matter.
I never would have thought Kage would have responded like that. So I guess that AC staff and the board of directors can bash other cons and their staff and still represent AC (and apparently take no responsibility or liability for doing so)? I think this is a cop-out on his end.

Feel free to write to Kage and express your opinion!

Kimmerset

Banned
Banned
Really, I'm sure Kage is busy with AC being less than three weeks away and Giza is probably (too) useful right now to be sacked right before the con.

Oni

Tora, Conway does have a valid point; the comments were posted in a personal journal. They were not written in a official and representative tone.

Giza was not acting as a representative of Anthrocon, and ill attitudes should not be directed at the convention as a whole.

Giza is merely a drama evoking lapdog; you should treat him as such. ;d

Last edited: