• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anti drug education is stupid

footfoe

Beware of Molesters
D I won't do drugs
A won't have and attitude
R i will respect my self
E i will educate me nowwwwww~

D.A.R.E. Drug abuse resistance education. -_-' how gay was that? do you remember something like this when you went to elementary school?

Stargazer Bleu

2b forgot is worse than death
I remember things like this.
Looking at the world I don't think it worked to well.

Might of even did the opposite of what they intended.

Maddawg

Singing fanatic
I remember things like this.
Looking at the world I don't think it worked to well.

Might of even did the opposite of what they intended.

Kinda backfired on them. =)

I think it's hilarious how bad these sort of education things are. Posters at the doctors and government funded health and safety ads are just as hilarious. Do they honestly think this shit works?

People respond far better to well presented fact sheets and case studies imho

footfoe

Beware of Molesters
And the anti smoking stuff that went with it.... makes me want to smoke my pipe

Maddawg

Singing fanatic
Last edited:

coward67

I have drug problems, there are two sides to this...
Good side: I probably would have done drugs that were a lot more harsh than the stuff I have had problems with.
Bad side: I didn't have any peer pressure to give in to drugs, I went to them because I knew about them! I would never have done that if I didn't get excited by descriptions of some of the things they told us about.

Think what ever you want to think.

Eske

Don't believe the mask...
Haha, I remember DARE.

I remember watching the horrible dumbed-down cartoons, and actually finding myself more inclined to try drugs than I did prior to the little presentation. I was just a little kid, and had no idea what most of the drugs mentioned even were, before DARE came along. The drugs were presented in such a way that they seemed pretty damn awesome to me. Like, "this drug will make you see rainbow-vomiting unicorns, BUT IT'S DANGEROUSSS."

Plus, the DARE officer was always an ass.

I also vaguely remember watching some sort of train-danger video around that same time, where we were shown graphic scenes of cars hit by trains. I can't remember what that was about, but it freaked me the hell out.

Russ

*Le Rawr*
We once had a narcotics officer come to our school to talk about drugs.

I had to keep myself from laughing because back at home, mere meters away from school, my sister was having a party involving drugs and he had no idea.

Nyloc

Evil villain
An old science teacher of mine decided to give the class a lecture about the affects of cannabis and how it can damage the brain and affect you physically. He boasted about how he could tell just from the look of someone whether they were a frequent user, he also said if he ever suspected any of us of taking drugs he would report us to the police for investigation (it's a small neighbourhood, so it's perfectly feasible).

My friend, an ardent cannabis smoker, had sat on the front row of his class for the entire year.

Barak

Local Hero
Haha !

Since i'm canadian i didn't have to sit through that...but we had something worse.....

BYCICLE SAFETY ADS.....and giant bear

Oh wai.....the sex class when i was 10.....that was creepy

coward67

Haha !

Since i'm canadian i didn't have to sit through that...but we had something worse.....

BYCICLE SAFETY ADS.....and giant bear

Oh wai.....the sex class when i was 10.....that was creepy

They gave you a sex class when you were 10?! meh... quite a few kids by that age have humped someone though ey? So probably a good idea.

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
My school was all about the safety.

The DARE Program in my school was a waste of time. Most of the people that took the pledge to be drug/tobacco/alcohol free ended up breaking it in high school or even in middle school. If I remember right, the people that were like the teacher's pets tended to be the worst ones-- so it really seemed to backfire.

I had gun safety classes pretty much my entire time in elementary school. Eddy the Eagle-- I don't remember anything form it except the rhyme they taught: "Stop, don't touch, leave the area, tell and adult". That was a running joke throughout middle and high schools.

Anybody else had "safety" videos about school buses that showed kids getting run over? I did. It wasn't graphic, but as a young kid the little "thump thump" sound really got to you.

When i was in 5th grade (9 or 10 years old), they had the sex education videos they made us watch. They took us into the library, which had black construction paper taped over the windows. We were told to only talk about the video with our teachers, our parents or classmates and no younger kid. The teachers were surprised when the group I was in got to see part of the girl's video on accident. After we watched the video, they handed out free deodorant sticks to the guys. We all went back into the classroom bragging and showing off our deodorant, and asked what the girls received. They all looked really embarrassed and none of them would say, except they'd say they didn't get deodorant.

What did they get? The sponsors of the program were Old Spice and Always. Figure it out.

Last edited:

Trance

Likes blueberries?
I haven't done any drugs so far in my life. Seems like all the the kids at my school have though.

The way I see it, if you never try drugs and see how they make you feel, you'll have no reason to do them.
I just don't give a shit about them. The bad aspects of drugs far outweigh the good in my mind.

EDIT: Yayyy, 300th post!

Last edited:

coward67

I haven't done any drugs so far in my life. Seems like all the the kids at my school have though.

The way I see it, if you never try drugs and see how they make you feel, you'll have no reason to do them.
I just don't give a shit about them. The bad aspects of drugs far outweigh the good in my mind.

EDIT: Yayyy, 300th post!

Yeah, the bad reasons outweigh the good but I didn't think so when I started, to me, I was depressed and they were my way to cope, so yeah I think I did have a reason, I'm not saying drugs are good but very rarely people say they took drugs just because, for no reason.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
Our DARE officer back in school was "Officer Dave", and Officer Dave was awesome

Trance

Likes blueberries?
Yeah, the bad reasons outweigh the good but I didn't think so when I started, to me, I was depressed and they were my way to cope, so yeah I think I did have a reason, I'm not saying drugs are good but very rarely people say they took drugs just because, for no reason.

I get ya.

I guess i've been lucky enough to have a good life, without depression for the most part.

Lemoncholic

We didn't have that in out school. In secondary education we were basically told about the effects of all of the major drugs (both good and bad), told what class they were and how long your sentence would be if you had them/ sold them. Also the teacher tried to avoid plain discouraging us from them, if somebody said they were gonna try it she was just like "well if you want to...".

I mean there were loads of drug users coming out of that school, but hell I think there would have been more if they'd gone with the goofy cartoons and "DON'T DO IT, IT'S BAD BUT WE WON'T SAY WHY!"

Tao

Hare Boi
I had ACES and DARE and I didn't pay attention to either of them because I don't intend to do drugs anyway. I'm terrified of needles and pills and I hate smoke. I got a squishy ball as a reward from ACES though. You know, the kind you can stick on the ceiling =D

Term_the_Schmuck

Most Interesting Man on FAF
DARE was the brainchild of an LAPD officer looking to make a quick buck.

Along with the Rotary Club in LA, he tried to make himself nationally known and so far he's done pretty well for himself, since schools all over the world are subscribing to the DARE program.

That being said, it didn't really convince me to not do drugs or to stop doing them. I had my own reasons.