• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Any ancient members still around?

When did you join the forums?

• Total voters

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
It has been a long time - nearly four years since I've last visited these weary forums. I remember back in 2013 it was my introduction into this interesting fandom, met a lot of cool guys here and it was always nice to see new arrivals aside from the regulars.

TL : DR just curious who's around and who's new.

Yakamaru

Level 32 Knight
Joined in 2008. Became active around March/April-ish 2016.

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
Yahp, seven years of activity and counting.

Filter

uwu
I joined in 2006, under a different name, but only posted twice with it. This new account is from 2014, so my answer is "2014 or before" either way.

D

Deleted member 82554

Technically I've been around longer than my join date but if there's one thing I've learned since being here that time has amounted to... Nothing. I guess that's one way to waste life.

Nevertheless, this forum has been interesting to say the least.

What are the pheonixed forums?

Cancer.

S

ScrewLoose

Redacted by staff
I dont remember such a glorious time. I joined this site too late for that.
That said its fruitless to run to other places. All furry sites will be corrupted sooner or later. It is prophecy that all the fandom shall one day be consumed with unholy fire. That day is at hand. The fall of FA and the exodus that followed was only the beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunburst_Odell

Some weird teen on the web that likes cartoons
I'm not really ancient... at all. I joined in July 2017. That being said, I have seen quite a few members come and go throughout that time.

Saiko

GTWT Survivor

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
@Mikazuki Marazhu when did the exodus happen anyway
upload_2018-10-26_10-30-10.png

upload_2018-10-26_10-30-48.png

D

Deleted member 82554

Didn't have all the hugboxy members like we do now, that's for sure.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
As somebody who was both on and an active participant of the site as of 2008, trust me: It wasn't the golden age people are making it out to be. It really, really wasn't.

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
As somebody who was both on and an active participant of the site as of 2008, trust me: It wasn't the golden age people are making it out to be. It really, really wasn't.
Yeah because the only reason you even come here was to berate people :V

D

Deleted member 82554

I would say as the forum currently stands, it's the best its ever been. There are still many controversial topics and politically charged ones at that, but there is also a lot less discrimination, harassment and control freaks.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
2008. I was really active from 2008-2010, lurked til until 2016 or so, became active again until about June of this year. I mostly lurk these days but I'm still here.

I've never left the furry fandom but how I participate in it varies from mostly online to mostly offline, depending on where I am, how busy I am and how busy the local fur scene is.

Last edited:
S

Sagt

I created my account just barely in 2016, but I lurked for a month or two before that to get a feel of the place.

Relative to some other members, I haven't been here that long. That said, almost two years of activity has made this forum become a very routine part of my life.

It's interesting seeing how significantly the forum changes every couple months or so.

I've noticed that new members, and the seemingly different community that forms from them, comes in waves and always ends up dissipating, then being replaced. I mean, there are so many people that have come and gone in a relatively short amount of time, usually moving over to Discord with their newly formed tight-knit community of buddies (with the exception of a few stragglers that stay behind on FAF more long-term), and then being replaced in no time at all by new users with a different vibe to them.

There's a set of core users on this forum that always remain here, with varying levels of activity, and then the rest (usually the more active posters) come and go.

I guess this forum is a good intro to furriness, but usually people eventually end up getting fed up with it.

Having said that, this forum is really active right now, like way more than I think I've ever seen it. That's probably a sign that we're momentarily beating Discord. :p

The forum isn't perfect right now, but I think it's mostly (with one of the heavy exceptions being the mod situation) in a better place than it used to be, especially now that the Forum Games section is a thing.