• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

ANY ARCHER FURS? (probabbly not)

are you good with a bow

• no

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • i am a compound bow bludger

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
M

modfox

well as the title explains i am looking for fellow archery furs. i may have accidently posted in the wrong thead but oh well get over it!. any way back on track.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I have filled my freezer a few times with a Hoyt Montega compound. Decent bow for the money and not too heavy to carry all day long, if need be.

I'm just not an Olympic-class archer. I can keep my groups tight, just not tight enough to compete.

Keeroh

Shinies Snatcher
I'm *attempting* to get into it. Got a purdy recurve bow I'm practicing with, still working on that whole "aiming" thing.
One day, hopefully, it'll result in delicious venison. Fingers crossed. ;w;

KeitoTheMidnightFox

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
I had a compound bow I bought for cheap. But the sights on it broke shortly after I got it. So I have to learn to aim it in a whole different way lol Plus I keep loosing arrows due to the fact they keep digging into the ground or get lost in the weeds and such... lol

ExtinguishedHope

I lost my sock
I was a very good archer when I was younger, but since I no longer own a bow, I'm sure I've gotten a little rusty at it. I used to love it though.

D

Deleted member 82554

Oh, and I own a fiberglass bow and one made out of willow (that actually belonged to a pro archer in our falimy), not one of those pussy compound types. There is actually an archery contest at my next furcon, should be fun.

S

Saylor

I sometimes hunt deer with a simple recurve bow that has an 80 pound draw on it. Yes, it's a workout and is exhausting to stalk my kill down, but I feel like that's a more fair way of hunting and killing a wild animal than shooting him from so far away that it couldn't even see me. It takes a lot of skill to be able to sneak up close enough to a deer to get a good shot without spooking the animal.

M

modfox

I sometimes hunt deer with a simple recurve bow that has an 80 pound draw on it. Yes, it's a workout and is exhausting to stalk my kill down, but I feel like that's a more fair way of hunting and killing a wild animal than shooting him from so far away that it couldn't even see me. It takes a lot of skill to be able to sneak up close enough to a deer to get a good shot without spooking the animal.
thats the way to do it

SirenePerch

I've been shooting for three years with a decent compound bow, I shoot competitively but I've been thinking about hunting soon.