• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Any Car Enthusiasts Around Here?

L

LotusDog

Yes! There's nothing in the world quite like an old Alfa to make your heart race.

I guess a Trabant would have a similar effect, but only if the Stasi were after you in a faster Wartburg.

FunkerFox

Checking in. I love me some good 4x4s. When I am home at my old job which involved working on massive Diesel engines on my ship. Then I was always fixing something on my Jeep. I am pretty sure I am one of the few for being 19 that puts up with a 50 year old Cj5 as a daily driver

StolenMadWolf

resident Lab Wolf
Just recently passed my driving test, so I’ll be driving a Pegeuot soon.

Yes, not spectacular but it’s a starting point. Hopefully I’ll upgrade to a 4x4, Subaru or an Evo equivalent. I love those kind of cars.

I’m an avid biker though, currently riding a KLE500. Hell of a great bike with one heck of a soundtrack.

L

LotusDog

Just recently passed my driving test, so I’ll be driving a Pegeuot soon.

Yes, not spectacular but it’s a starting point. Hopefully I’ll upgrade to a 4x4, Subaru or an Evo equivalent. I love those kind of cars.

I’m an avid biker though, currently riding a KLE500. Hell of a great bike with one heck of a soundtrack.
As a Canadian I can't express to you how much I want a diesel French econobox.

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
As a Canadian I can't express to you how much I want a diesel French econobox.

I can tell you from long and hard-won experience taking those blasted things apart that you don't want one. Modern diesels, especially by PSA are a desaster.

RafaleFlight

Unrecognized king of crashing into things
I'm a car enthusiast stuck with my little CR-V deathtrap until I enlist. To be fair, it's a fun little car (manual transmission, 4WD), but I'd love to A) move somewhere warmer where I don't have to take winter driving into consideration, and B) actually have the funds to put toward a more fun vehicle. The used car market in North Dakota is good from a buyer's perspective, but the cars are blander than a bowl of cheerios.

reptile logic

An imposter among aliens.
upload_2019-5-16_9-56-13.jpeg

upload_2019-5-16_9-58-17.jpeg

Here is one project that my brother, a friend, and I tackled. We took it from under a pile of rusty car parts and brought it to this. It's a 1928 Ford Model A Roadster, race car, with the original 200 cubic inch, four-cylinder engine and some vintage performance parts scrounged from everywhere. Am I a car enthusiast? Maybe.

StolenMadWolf

resident Lab Wolf
I'm a car enthusiast stuck with my little CR-V deathtrap until I enlist. To be fair, it's a fun little car (manual transmission, 4WD), but I'd love to A) move somewhere warmer where I don't have to take winter driving into consideration, and B) actually have the funds to put toward a more fun vehicle. The used car market in North Dakota is good from a buyer's perspective, but the cars are blander than a bowl of cheerios.

CR-Vs are pretty decent cars, especially maintained West Ones like the one my parents had.

Wouldn’t mind getting a Ford Maverick Aspen either, damn good off roader aswell.

Leadhoof

The NODS stay ON during sex.
Not as much as I used to be, but do I have a soft spot for late 60's muscle cars.

Leadhoof

PicsArt_05-16-05.51.15.jpg

My current daily driver. Aside from the rust, I've always had pretty good luck with Dodges.

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
The 1969 Charger has always been my dream car. I'll probably never be able to afford one, but a man can dream.
I personally prefer the 68 model (Like in Bullitt), but it's a great choice. Hehe, is it because of the Dukes of Hazzard you want one of those?
View attachment 62056

My current daily driver. Aside from the rust, I've always had pretty good luck with Dodges.

Nice truck! Hehe I'm more than familiar with Mopars. Growing up, my family had SEVERAL Dodge and Plymouth minivans. XD
I actually learned how to drive in one of them. It was a white 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan. It had a really nice and smooth V6 engine. It had quite a lot of pep for a van.

Leadhoof

I personally prefer the 68 model (Like in Bullitt), but it's a great choice. Hehe, is it because of the Dukes of Hazzard you want one of those?

The '68s are gorgeous cars. One of my old neighbors used to own one.

And nope. I never really got into that show, so I'm one of the few people that doesn't want a General Lee.

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
The '68s are gorgeous cars. One of my old neighbors used to own one.

And nope. I never really got into that show, so I'm one of the few people that doesn't want a General Lee.
Same here... I actually prefer cars that look like how they did on the showroom floor instead of how they look customized.

A Minty cheetah

~C H E E~
Finally managed to get a pic of my car under 1MB!
*shakes fist at upload limit*
20190517_053437.jpg

I like minor modifications, kind of like a stock-plus look. Something to make it different but not totally obvious.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
View attachment 62079
I like minor modifications, kind of like a stock-plus look. Something to make it different but not totally obvious.
Nice car. If you have trouble getting images the proper size, let me know and I'll fix you up. I do that kind of stuff for a living. email is pawpadprinting@gmail.com

A Minty cheetah

~C H E E~
Nice car. If you have trouble getting images the proper size, let me know and I'll fix you up. I do that kind of stuff for a living. email is pawpadprinting@gmail.com
Handy to know! I use my phone as a camera now due to convenience, and the picture quality is great for me. Only problem is that the smallest resolution I can set it to is 2560 x 1440px - not ideal for small upload limits.

Dead'nFluffy

First off, hello everyone! This is my first post here and hell, that's one awesome topic to write it in OwO

I have always loved cars, maybe even beyond "enthusiast", treating them as my friends, even talking to them as a kid xD' But I never had anyone in my sourroundings who could teach me much about them. I tired to enroll for a vehicle-mechanic profile high school, but everyone just laughed at me because I am a female :/ Currently I'm going to attempt to pass my driving license test, so there was no sense for me to get a car of my own yet, but I'm tottally on board with you guys about Fords! I swear, if I only manage to save up enough, I'm buying one!

I'd love to own a first gen Subaru Impreza WRX

They always get me turn over my shoulder when I see them. What's funny, later generations aren't that cool for me.

I probably owned one of the worst cars ever once upon a time. Believe it or not, I outran the cops in this. *I was really lucky by making a light*

Do you know what this car is?

Woow! I have no idea what it is, but looks at least 40 year old. I wonder what they faces were xD'

Since you guys here have much knowledge I wonder if you could tell me something about Hyundai i20 and Toyta Yaris 2? Do you have experience with any of the cars?
I'm asking since those are two exam cars I had a chance to drive. Hyundai replaced Toyota over time and in Hyundai I just can't help but feel like I'm driving a log, while Toyota felt more like my own body. It was super-responsive and I could do amazing things with it, while in Hyundai I'm struggling even to park it x_x

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
View attachment 62079

The yeen approves. Tho, that suspension looks really low o: what dampers/springs y'running?

Concerning Toyotas and Hyundais, I don't like either, but I'm picky.

MG_0548.JPG

I actually just found a picture of my BMW, even while on the track c: it's a bit older, it was from 2016, methinks.

Was at an almost exclusively gravel event somewhere near me. I had blown 3 of 4 gravel tyres on the first stage and had to run street tyres for the last 6. We came in.... pretty far behind everyone. Haha.

I

Infrarednexus

Proud owner of the classic Mitsubishi Eclipse. I modified it to be a low rider and upgraded the radio to be compatible with my Iphone's music player. I also enhanced the high beams and applied low profile custom rims.
unknown.png

Last edited by a moderator:

A Minty cheetah

~C H E E~
@ConorHyena it's sat on Eibach Pro springs, so only 15mm lower than stock.
Aside from that, there's a short shifter, uprated rear engine mount, larger intercooler, cold air induction kit, uprated turbo actuator and remap. Puts out somewhere in the region of 235-240bhp and over 280ft-lbs. I need to get it on a dyno!

Crimcyan

Chum bucket with the u
Yee, for cars I have a 57 beetle, 68 Camaro those are both my project cars. then my daily drivers are a 98 jeep tj and a 04 vw jetta tdi that isn't mine but a family members but I drive it the most, the jetta is lowered but not excessively, egr delete, stage 1.5 malone tune, stage 2 endurance clutch, gli r32 brake conversion, timing is also silghty advanced for a bit more power.

Then for bikes I have a 2002 Ktm lc4 640 supermoto. It's a factory built one not a converted bike post factory, it also has all of the emission restrictors removed so it now has full power in the first 3 gears rather then only being halved like it was when stock.
And also a family members 2016 honda cbr500r that I maintain and ride occasionally

Last edited:

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
@Crimcyan My brother used to have a 69 camaro convertible. What kind of shape is your beetle in? Interested in selling it?