• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Any car, motorcycle, or truck enthusiasts out there?

Furry_Crew_Chief

A Dog of the Military
Just curious if there were any mechanically inclined or vehicle enthusiasts out there. I love working on my stuff when I have the time and money. Currently I own a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD that will be my mud/off-road truck. Then eventually I will build my Ratrod. But what do you own and have done to it or have projects for? I currently only have bigger tires, few engine upgrades, and cosmetic touches.

Big car guy here. I have neither the time nor the space to work on anything, but I love reading up on them and just being around them in general. Vintage stuff is neat.

I currently drive an '02 Saturn L300. Far from exciting, but I got it for for free. ;)

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light
Just curious if there were any mechanically inclined or vehicle enthusiasts out there. I love working on my stuff when I have the time and money. Currently I own a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD that will be my mud/off-road truck. Then eventually I will build my Ratrod. But what do you own and have done to it or have projects for? I currently only have bigger tires, few engine upgrades, and cosmetic touches.

Wonder if BubbaJay will see this thread, that dude's nuts about offroading and mudding.

But yeah you could say I'm pretty mechanically inclined. Mechanical engineering major, active in Formula SAE.

My car's a '91 Toyota MR2 Turbo, which I've done a fair amount to so far.
Car looks stock, but is kinda far from it on the inside.

>ATS CT27 turbo, running at ~14psi with a grimmspeed MBC
>ATS dual-map ECU (mapped for 91 octane at 15psi and race gas at >20psi boost)
>Wolfkatz sidefeed fuel rail with 550cc toyota supra injectors
>3" berk downpipe, 3" stainless dual exhaust with 7" magnaflow mufflers (that smooth and quiet grumble at idle, that buttery scream at high revs)
>EMS intake
>RC ported throttle body with ATS throttle body inlet
>Innovative polyurethane motor mounts
>Master cylinder brace, sway bar reinforcement plates, TRD rear strut bar for the bling value
>random other stuff

Interior stuff:
>Omori boost gauge installed in-dash
>TRD short shifter
>Pioneer touchscreen head unit (GPS, DVD player, mp3/bluetooth/ipod support, phone, backup camera, etc)
>Sony speakers
>Random little bits of trim stuff

Soon to go on:
>KYB coilovers, they're just sitting in my room and I'm too much of a lazy bastard to put them on
>spherical shift bushings + clutch pedal clevis thingy
>suspension geometry adjustment kit (once I find some cheap-ish wheels that will fit it)
>sony sub amp + sub

badlands

drunken pirate
petrol head right here!

Golden

I have a Yamaha 225 TTR dirt bike, although I don't work on it unless something breaks down or general maintenance (i.e. oil change).

wheelieotter

Everything works if you let it

Jason-

Oh my goat!
I'm not an enthusiast yet but I am planning on getting a motorbike (the classic kind) some time in the future.

Lhune

I have a '96 Honda Civic hatchback. I'm not really what you'd call a petrol head I suppose, but my boyfriend is one and he's dragging me into it, haha. I do love my car though!

Tiamat

Sex nuts and retard strong
Banned
Lhune only got a Honda after she found out I have one.

T

TheMetalVelocity

I love cummins engines in the peterbilts. hopefully own a cummins vehicle one day.

For what it's worth, there's a 1964 MGB sitting in my father's garage. Front end is in pieces right now for suspension replacement, but it's coming along.